Cowboys vs Steelers

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Wait......some of you guys wanted the cowboys to win? Why? 

Every win decreases the chance to get a better player that can help the team. It's no different than perennial 8-8 seasons. 

it was the steelers.  and if they don't get the #1 pick who cares. 2 thru 32 doesn't matter.  

Edited by dcar00
  • Like 1

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Every win decreases the chance to get a better player that can help the team. It's no different than perennial 8-8 seasons. 

I watched Pittsburg beat Dallas twice in Super Bowls, the only way I'd root for Pittsburg is if a loss gave us the first pick in the draft for 10 years in a row.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

We’re about to see the real McCarthy...look at squints numbers and compare to next weeks numbers....up, down, or the same?

i don’t know, but next week will tell.  Also zeke should be used only in relief.  Pretty mediocre at least no fumbles today.  Pollard is very good. 

Agreed. Honestly- Dependent on the talent coming out. I might trade his ass for more picks ala Jimmy trading Herschel.  
and yeah, I know he has the giant contract and I’m an idoit- But, personally,  I’m sick of his stupid off field/off-season antics.  Trade his ass.  Get a freaking secondary or beef up the OLine.

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

That's the logical thing to think...but fuckkkkkkkkkkk the Steelers and their dick sucking of the refs. Wanted this win badly. 

• Like 1

I mean unless we’re are truly going to turn a top 3 pick into a huge haul of draft picks, the difference between 3 and 6 isn’t much.

One player there isn’t changing much at all.

I’m full on team trade down BTW. I would have loved this win and losing every other game.

Just now, hookem48 said:

I watched Pittsburg beat Dallas twice in Super Bowls, the only way I'd root for Pittsburg is if a loss gave us the first pick in the draft for 10 years in a row.

Same. But to be fair to the Steelers, they only beat the Cowboys once.  The other time “Jackie Smith” happened😠😡🤬

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I mean unless we’re are truly going to turn a top 3 pick into a huge haul of draft picks, the difference between 3 and 6 isn’t much.

One player there isn’t changing much at all.

I’m full on team trade down BTW. I would have loved this win and losing every other game.

One win this year could mean dropping from 3 to 10. There's so many bad teams bunched together.

7 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I'm rooting for the Cowboys to win a Superbowl before I die. They need better players, period. Those usually come through the draft. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

2 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Are the Steelers the worst 8 and 0 team ever? No running game, bad special teams, and refs have to bail them out against a 2 win team! 

Yeah, that 8-0 record is Fool's Gold... don't see this Steeler team going very far in the playoffs.  Won't be surprised to see Ben get hurt soon...

28 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Are the Steelers the worst 8 and 0 team ever? No running game, bad special teams, and refs have to bail them out against a 2 win team! 

I watched them last week against the Ravens. They looked as piss poor as they did for the first 3 quartrers.

I was not terribly impressed with their defense either. Dallas got what they wanted to most the game. Our drives stalled because of our own doing.

42 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it was the steelers.  and if they don't get the #1 pick who cares. 2 thru 32 doesn't matter.  

That's not true.  Fields is having a great start to his season..... Some evaluators are now calling him 1B.  If we got 2nd, we'd get a huge trade ransom from a team wanting to move up.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's not true.  Fields is having a great start to his season..... Some evaluators are now calling him 1B.  If we got 2nd, we'd get a huge trade ransom from a team wanting to move up.

every qb looks great for Ohio State lately.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Get a King’s ransom for #2 and draft Wilson from BYU.  That kid is gonna be really good.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Steelers are obviously not as good as KC, but they are on that next tier.  They are dealing with some injuries, their starting LB Devin Bush is out for the season.. but the biggest two pieces missing is Hilton their dime/nickel CB and their nose tackle Alau who got hurt in the first series vs Baltimore last week.

Ben cannot hit an accurate ball downfield, but his throwing motion is day/night difference from the first game of the season.  They will never blow teams out, they play everyone close..like fucking Herman

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

Same. But to be fair to the Steelers, they only beat the Cowboys once.  The other time “Jackie Smith” happened😠😡🤬

Smith did not cause Dallas to lose that game it only helped assure they would not win. People forget the last TD was basically a make it look better score after an onside. The Randy White fumble and the defensive PI call( that was a pretty ticky tack call) were more important points in the game that caused Dallas to lose. 

2 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Smith did not cause Dallas to lose that game it only helped assure they would not win. People forget the last TD was basically a make it look better score after an onside. The Randy White fumble and the defensive PI call( that was a pretty ticky tack call) were more important points in the game that caused Dallas to lose. 

seems a lot of people think the Smith drop was the last play of the game or something, Roger also short armed the hell out of that pass even though it for sure should have been caught.

23 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Yup, you’re correct.  But my 11yo self is still haunted by that image. I can’t imagine what poor Jackie Smith feels. 
I just read an SI interview the detailed it and his life afterwards. He never watched the replay (good for him). He also stood at his locker for  :45min and answered every reporter’s questions.  Good on him for that.

11yo old me is still sad that his Cowboys lost SBXIII to the hated steelers.😡

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

3rd game in a row i didn't watch. No care any longer. And I have been watching since the Roger and Danny white days. I will admit I'm in on the the final score. And I am happy that I didn't invest time to watch another loss.

I don’t know. This was kind of a cool weird game in my opinion. We’re bad. They’re good. We started the guy that Mack brown turned into a bust at Texas, and he looked decent against a top 5 nfl defense. Gave us a chance to win. But yeah, we lost. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

55 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Yup, you’re correct.  But my 11yo self is still haunted by that image. I can’t imagine what poor Jackie Smith feels. 
I just read an SI interview the detailed it and his life afterwards. He never watched the replay (good for him). He also stood at his locker for  :45min and answered every reporter’s questions.  Good on him for that.

11yo old me is still sad that his Cowboys lost SBXIII to the hated steelers.😡

didn't he come out of retirement that season?

• Like 1