Jeff Fisher Still Sucks

SomeoneYouKnow

Shaggy or Surly, some things never change

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22908477/jeff-fisher-got-vince-young-apology-unsure-was-real

Former Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher said he did receive a letter of apology from Vince Young but he never responded because he wasn't sure it was really from his former quarterback.

"Yes, I got a letter from Vince," Fisher told PaulKuharsky.com. "And I didn't respond. My name was spelled wrong on the letter, the letter came from the University of Texas, and I had no way of knowing if it was [really] from him. It came from the athletic department. But my name was spelled incorrectly.

"I still have it. But I didn't know if it was from him so I felt no need to respond."

He added: "I thought if it was from him he would have maybe spelled my name right."

Young, 34, said he sent the letter in 2013, telling the NFL Network that during his time with the Titans he was "immature and not paying attention and not listening, and taking my frustration out on a lot of people wasn't the right thing to do."

Young, who was working at the University of Texas, his alma mater, around the time he sent his letter, said in an interview with Sports Illustrated last year that Fisher had never responded. Fisher had declined to be interviewed for Sports Illustrated's story.

The Titans selected Young No. 3 overall in the 2006 draft, but he failed to live up to lofty expectations and was released by Tennessee in 2011 and spent that season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He signed with the Buffalo Bills in 2012 and Green Bay Packers in 2013 but was cut by both teams before each season began. He signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders last year but was released by the team after suffering a hamstring injury.

Fisher, 60, was fired by the Titans after the 2010 season, his 16th year at the helm of the franchise. He was hired by the Rams in 2012 but fired in 2016.

Edited by SomeoneYouKnow

29 minutes ago, 77horn said:

So, if he felt is wasn't from Vince, why has he kept it for 5 years?

Lying sack of shit.

Yep. And if he didn't think it was from VY for all those years, why is he saying now that it's from him? 

What a jack-off. 

VY, still the relatively young man in this situation, took the high road and showed personal accountability (even if he knows he was not treated exactly right by Fischer). 

Fischer couldn't even graciously accept an apology; what a childish, classless cocksucker. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Fuckface was on the Competition Committee, and was the source of scoops for NFL reporters for years (Mortensen is the #1 recipient) and in return, they promoted the false narrative of his greatness. Funny how that started to change midway thru his last season with the Rams, as the obvious could no longer be disguised. He’s a piece of shit.