Jeff Fisher Still Sucks

SomeoneYouKnow

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

F that and FU man.  I won't speak to Jeff Fisher's tenure as an NFL coach, but he had to be doing something right to make it for 22 seasons.  Ditka's acting was so so and Belichick couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, and he would tell you the same thing.  I could eat a roll of Kodachrome and shit a better performance.  The Fanduel commercial is well written and Fisher nails it!

I understand Fisher will have to act like a coach, but I, for one, hopes he gets a shot at another NFL gig.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299zclxs49amv49odhqs

• Hook 'Em 2

F that and FU man.  I won't speak to Jeff Fisher's tenure as an NFL coach, but he had to be doing something right to make it for 22 seasons.  Ditka's acting was so so and Belichick couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, and he would tell you the same thing.  I could eat a roll of Kodachrome and shit a better performance.  The Fanduel commercial is well written and Fisher nails it!
I understand Fisher will have to act like a coach, but I, for one, hopes he gets a shot at another NFL gig.

Hi Jeff. You fucking petty incompetent bitch. Thanks for ruining VY. Glad you are the losingest coach in nfl history and never won a Super Bowl.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...

First, not a fan of Jeff Fisher.

Second, if Tennessee brings him in and he follows the ASU/Herm Edwards plan for building a staff and program, I think he could be successful.

Tennessee's most successful years corresponded to these programs being down: Bama, LSU, Texas, Auburn, etc.  Plus, they cheated their asses off.

ASU treats its program as NFL-prep.  I see that as Tennessee's best option and worth the risk.

4 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

First, not a fan of Jeff Fisher.

Second, if Tennessee brings him in and he follows the ASU/Herm Edwards plan for building a staff and program, I think he could be successful.

Tennessee's most successful years corresponded to these programs being down: Bama, LSU, Texas, Auburn, etc.  Plus, they cheated their asses off.

ASU treats its program as NFL-prep.  I see that as Tennessee's best option and worth the risk.

Tennessee has still had some pretty good recruiting years as of late. I don't think it is totally a player's issue. Maybe for them to get back to national title contention status but certainly not for them to be better than they have been for, what, 10-12 years?

• 3 months later...
54 minutes ago, Nivek said:

When I lived in Knoxville, so many of the Tennessee fans also loved the Titans and really liked Fisher. I watched him fuck up repeatedly and sowed discord among them. In the end, they saw the light.

I've lived in Tennessee and spent significant time all over the state from Memphis to Johnson City. The concept of anyone from Tennessee seeing the light is alien to me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I've lived in Tennessee and spent significant time all over the state from Memphis to Johnson City. The concept of anyone from Tennessee seeing the light is alien to me.

Ha.  I converted a few to Texas BBQ.  It was easier than converting them from Jeff Fisher admittedly.   Anecdote- Some out there used to call Texas the 'fake UT' to me.  I wouldn't respond.  When I was asked what Texas said about Tennessee, I replied "nothing, you do not matter."  Which surprised them and shut it down.  It was also the truth. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I concur.

I lived in Memphis in Kindergarten and Cookeville from 3rd to 6th grade. Even at that age, most adults seemed like morons to me.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Ha.  I converted a few to Texas BBQ.  It was easier than converting them from Jeff Fisher admittedly.   Anecdote- Some out there used to call Texas the 'fake UT' to me.  I wouldn't respond.  When I was asked what Texas said about Tennessee, I replied "nothing, you do not matter."  Which surprised them and shut it down.  It was also the truth. 

Lol, I was in Nashville a couple years ago and a guy asked me what people in Texas think about "the real UT", and I said "I don't have any idea, it never comes up."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

We ran in the same circles.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Lol, I was in Nashville a couple years ago and a guy asked me what people in Texas think about "the real UT", and I said "I don't have any idea, it never comes up."

I'd be tempted to respond with something like, "Unless they attended one of the lesser schools in the State, they love their Longhorns."

7 hours ago, Nivek said:

Anecdote- Some out there used to call Texas the 'fake UT' to me.  I wouldn't respond.  When I was asked what Texas said about Tennessee, I replied "nothing, you do not matter."  Which surprised them and shut it down.  It was also the truth. 

I have a UTenn grad friend (super guy, BTW) who asked me something similar once. I told him that UTennessee only gets mentioned by UTexas fans when someone fucks up burnt orange.

I think y'all would be surprised at how prevalent the, "We're the real UT" is up there.  In growing up in DFW, then living in Austin for 5 years while attending Texas, I never ONCE heard anything about TN.  As soon as I moved to Knoxville, I heard it, quite literally, daily.  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 1:04 PM, JFKFC said:

22 seasons as a head coach in the NFL.

6 season with a winning record. 

Doing. Something. Right.

Edited by B00M
Maybe tickling owner's balls with his mustache
  • Hook 'Em 1

I used to always get the, "We were founded first".

They were not happy when I pointed out that The University of Toledo was founded in 1872, while The University of Tennessee was not *named until 1879, making Toledo the "first" UT.

*TN was called Blount University at its founding in 1794, then Eastern TN until 1879.

8 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I used to always get the, "We were founded first".

They were not happy when I pointed out that The University of Toledo was founded in 1872, while The University of Tennessee was not *named until 1879, making Toledo the "first" UT.

*TN was called Blount University at its founding in 1794, then Eastern TN until 1879.

Please tell me it was pronounced 'blunt' like what people in Tennessee have been consuming too much of. Seriously, fuck Tennessee.

• 2 months later...

Jeff Fisher, Bum Phillips and Floyd Reese are being added into the Titans ring of honor. It's rumored that Jeff Fisher's speech will be 7-9 minutes long and his name will be placed on the 50/50 yard line.

• Rage+1 2

On 9/13/2020 at 8:07 AM, Jim said:

Fuck jeff fisher in his VY hating ass for eternity!

• 4 months later...

Fuck the Titans. Fuck Bud Adams. And most of all, fuck Jeff Fisher.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — During an emotional halftime ceremony Sunday, Tennessee controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk inducted coach Jeff Fisher and the team’s late general manager, Floyd Reese, into the Titans’ Ring of Honor at Nissan Stadium.

On a rainy afternoon that ended with the Texans upsetting the Titans 22-13, Strunk honored Fisher and Reese, both of whom began their careers as head coach and general manager in Houston.

Strunk’s late father, team founder Bud Adams, was the Oilers’ owner when Reese and Fisher were hired as assistant coaches before being promoted.

• Like 1