Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

That's nothing. In my day,  if you weren't 16 before your fourteenth birthday, you were considered mentally weak and probably had an extra chromosome or three.

This is still true. Like when Sam was at the midpoint of his freshman year, which, as everyone knows, means he's not a freshman anymore. 

33 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

That looks like a very, very good 290. I can’t wait for this guy. I think he’ll be or best OL years from now. Thank God we’ll finally be able to redshirt a guy like this.

I agree.  I think him and Angilau will be multi year starters for us.  Angilau at Guard though.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I agree.  I think him and Angilau will be multi year starters for us.  Angilau at Guard though.

Angilau looks like he’ll be an absolute beast too.   Identifying him early and staying on him was a huge OOS supplement to our OL class in a down year in state.

a little extra koolaid to get you through the hot dry summer.  short snippets of the 2018 recruiting class.  this one has the potential to go down as one of the best ever.  may be the best DB class of all time anywhere when its all said and done.

While overshown my end up sliding down to LB, he and foster may be the hardest hitting DB's we have had since westbrook, and stearns may end up being being the best of the bunch due to his ball skills. it's too early to see how they all develop but i would say right now that rising throws the best ball on campus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFT8YvZfiR0

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Are we expecting any transfers between now the start of summer workouts?

I expect there will be a flurry of 3-5 between mid May and when they return for workouts in early June. They might not all be reported immediately, but we'll know who and how many by mid-June, for sure. There will be another exit or two before the fall semester starts as well.

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I expect there will be a flurry of 3-5 between mid May and when they return for workouts in early June. They might not all be reported immediately, but we'll know who and how many by mid-June, for sure. There will be another exit or two before the fall semester starts as well.

So then there shall be additional grad transfers (not counting C. Anderson and T. Watson)?

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

So then there shall be additional grad transfers (not counting C. Anderson and T. Watson)?

Counting Tre Watson is a bold move, Cotton, but I hope you're right. 

I think the grad transfer landscape might still have something to offer, but it's got to be mostly picked clean, right? Something I'm curious about is whether or not they actively pursue any regular transfers. That seems like something that others benefit from, particularly OU, and yet never really seems to benefit our own interests.

If we ever decide to look at the non-grad transfer market this summer, we could certainly do with a center, OT, LB and possibly DT. A CB would be nice, too, but I suspect any decently talented corner will take one look at our 2018 class and nope out of there.

Edited by Machinator

10 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

One or the RBs, Porter, Houston, Carter, Young have to be gone right? 

We currently have 82 scholarship players, which will jump to 83 once OL Calvin Anderson arrives.  No one has to leave to make room for Watson.  

Edited by Texas Town

For anyone wondering about Chris Nelson, UT Football went live for a photo shoots for next year, and Chris Nelson was the first person they showed getting videoed/photoed. Seems like he is staying.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Denzil Ware is grad transferring from Kentucky. We should be all over this. Good player and lack of depth at LBer. 

3rd team All-SEC, and a big-time offer list coming out of high school. I imagine it would be tough to get him out of SEC country, but I hope we try.

18 hours ago, Fug said:

For anyone wondering about Chris Nelson, UT Football went live for a photo shoots for next year, and Chris Nelson was the first person they showed getting videoed/photoed. Seems like he is staying.

This is gruntling.

Haven't seen anything to think any of the guys arriving later this month are grade risks.  I remember a little talk in regards to Williams but I haven't seen anything in a while.

Guess we'll also find out in a few weeks about Angilau.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, Fug said:

When it was announced recently that he finally had surgery on that elbow, I took that as a good sign (ie that he wasn't sandbagging a nothing injury).  I like Nelson a lot.  Dude needs to stay.  This is his best shot at making a case for the pros. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

When it was announced recently that he finally had surgery on that elbow, I took that as a good sign (ie that he wasn't sandbagging a nothing injury).  I like Nelson a lot.  Dude needs to stay.  This is his best shot at making a case for the pros. 

Is he 6'0" flat or taller?

If not, well... I don't want to be the bearer of bad news.

In metric, Poona is 181.93 cms. If he were 6' even, he would be less than one cm taller, 182.88cms... but for some reason, that 95% of ONE CENTIMETER means the world to NFL war rooms.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:12 PM, texifornia said:

For those who don't hang on the recruiting board, this should be getting wrapped up for either us or LSU soon:

He eliminated LSU but didn't make a decision, says he will be living in Texas.

1 hour ago, pacman said:

He eliminated LSU but didn't make a decision, says he will be living in Texas.

He didn't specify which school he long ago decided to attend so that there will still be some media attention when his Transfer Video "drops".

FIFY