Mmm hmm, reckon you make me some biscuits?

deadshank

Homemade biscuits from my grandma's recipe.  Peppered cream gravy is on point too...

'cept'n I add some sauteed jalapenos from time to time.

Biscuits and gravy is my favorite breakfast.  I DID make some badass homemade French toast and bacon for the family on vacation this morning...

Biscuits and gravy for the win, though.

All right, use this recipe from an old Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. This is my wife’s ( no pics, you degenerate bastards) go-to recipe.

Put a big hunk of butter in the cake pan or casserole dish, put it in the pre-heated oven for about 5 minutes, then drag the cut out biscuits through the butter- both sides. Arrange your biscuits- touching, then bake. Make sure they get good and brown on the top side.

Good with butter, honey, cream gravy. 

2A7FF56A-8249-4214-8672-7C7D023CD9AD.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear. 

Make the BUTTERMILK  version. 

Pretty much the same one I use, just use self rising instead of AP which eliminates all the extras and a little less crisco. Get a pastry cutter and it’s a simple recipe to follow.

This recipe might seem odd, but it makes excellent biscuits. 

2 cups Bisquick
1cup sour cream
12  cup 7-Up or Sprite
1cup melted butter

• Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  • Cut the sour cream into your biscuit mix. 
  • Stir in 1/2 cup 7 Up. The dough will be very soft, don't worry.
  • Sprinkle additional baking mix on to your counter, about a 1/2 cup seems to work just fine.
  • Knead and fold dough until coated with your baking mix. Pat dough out, (no rolling pin needed) and cut biscuits using a round biscuit/cookie cutter/glass
  • Melt butter in a 9 inch iron skillet or square pan. I stick my pan and butter in the oven for a few minutes. Just a few though, the butter will burn, so watch it.
  • Place cut biscuits on top of melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown.

All right, use this recipe from an old Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. This is my wife’s ( no pics, you degenerate bastards) go-to recipe.
Put a big hunk of butter in the cake pan or casserole dish, put it in the pre-heated oven for about 5 minutes, then drag the cut out biscuits through the butter- both sides. Arrange your biscuits- touching, then bake. Make sure they get good and brown on the top side.

2A7FF56A-8249-4214-8672-7C7D023CD9AD.thumb.jpeg.6c6fae614affc72ec8132c392cfbe2d1.jpeg

Any thoughts on the best shortening?

20 hours ago, slorch said:

Homemade biscuits from my grandma's recipe.  Peppered cream gravy is on point too...

'cept'n I add some sauteed jalapenos from time to time.

Biscuits and gravy is my favorite breakfast.  I DID make some badass homemade French toast and bacon for the family on vacation this morning...

Biscuits and gravy for the win, though.

B&G would be on the last meal list. 

Sausage gravy is popular up here in NY and I like it, but give me peppered cream gravy anytime.  

And let me add I'd make sweet passionate love to that cowboy breakfast spread posted above, brings back fond memories of waking up to the delicious smell, aroma of breakfast cooking while camping. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, squib said:

This recipe might seem odd, but it makes excellent biscuits. 

2 cups Bisquick
1cup sour cream
12  cup 7-Up or Sprite
1cup melted butter

• Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  • Cut the sour cream into your biscuit mix. 
  • Stir in 1/2 cup 7 Up. The dough will be very soft, don't worry.
  • Sprinkle additional baking mix on to your counter, about a 1/2 cup seems to work just fine.
  • Knead and fold dough until coated with your baking mix. Pat dough out, (no rolling pin needed) and cut biscuits using a round biscuit/cookie cutter/glass
  • Melt butter in a 9 inch iron skillet or square pan. I stick my pan and butter in the oven for a few minutes. Just a few though, the butter will burn, so watch it.
  • Place cut biscuits on top of melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown.

B6F11E64-2CA6-4AA6-AC6F-A546013E1777.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/14/2020 at 12:31 AM, Victor Lazlo said:

2A7FF56A-8249-4214-8672-7C7D023CD9AD.thumb.jpeg.6c6fae614affc72ec8132c392cfbe2d1.jpeg

Making these right now, but I didn't see the Buttermilk substitutions and just went with 2/3 Cup Buttermilk.  Either way, these appear to be mighty fine biscuits.  Edit:  They are mighty fine tasting biscuits.

deeb32e60ac601cff5b8341c60b0a653.jpg

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 5

My favorite breakfast:

homemade biscuits with peppered cream gravy (I like sausage gravy just as much, so either).  Take a few pieces of bacon and turn them into bacon bits.   Sprinkle the bacon bits on top of the B&G.   Add a little extra pepper, and you can get fancy and pretty by adding some fresh cut green onions on top as well.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

My favorite breakfast:

homemade biscuits with peppered cream gravy (I like sausage gravy just as much, so either).  Take a few pieces of bacon and turn them into bacon bits.   Sprinkle the bacon bits on top of the B&G.   Add a little extra pepper, and you can get fancy and pretty by adding some fresh cut green onions on top as well.   

Marry me !!!!!???

14 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

My favorite breakfast:

Fried egg with a runny yolk can be a strong addition to this setup.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1