H&I Channel (Heroes & Icons)

CHIEF

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 2:49 PM, DougO said:

High Chaparral in the mornings after Rawhide, Star Trek in the evenings.

Been watching this. It was my Dad's favorite western. He was a Cameron Mitchell fan. 

Plus, Linda Cristal hawt.

Edited by RPM

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Been watching this. It was my Dad's favorite western. He was a Cameron Mitchell fan. 

Plus, Linda Cristal hawt.

HC is the most underrated western show ever. And if I had a woman like Victoria I probably would have made something of myself.

The Doomsday Machine episode of Trek was on tonight. It's one of the best ever. But in the dramatic climax final confict with the planet killer the more modern fancy CGI effects were really a big fail. Thing just sort of poofs and rolls over like a bloated seal, and in a way that looked very gravity driven.

Most of the re-done modern effects done for remastered TOS are impressive and do a great job of capturing the spirit of the original. It's a shame they messed up so big-time in one of the best episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm pissed. COZI runs 2 hours of Emergency! from 11-1pm. Circle ran 2 episodes of F-Troop at 1pm. Starting 1/1 Circle changed the line up and screwed up my whole routine. at least I still have 2 hours of KMG-365.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:23 PM, RPM said:

OK, I'm pissed. COZI runs 2 hours of Emergency! from 11-1pm. Circle ran 2 episodes of F-Troop at 1pm. Starting 1/1 Circle changed the line up and screwed up my whole routine. at least I still have 2 hours of KMG-365.

I just discovered that Circle has the Beverly Hillbillies on right now, 12:30pm. YES!!! The only time I had seen them on before in recent years was like 3AM when I couldn't get back to sleep and turned the TV on the quiet my brain.

11 minutes ago, DougO said:

I just discovered that Circle has the Beverly Hillbillies on right now, 12:30pm. YES!!!

Yep, they replaced F-Troup. Well, half of it anyway. The b&w episodes of BH were the best. Less cartoonish.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Yep, they replaced F-Troup. Well, half of it anyway. The b&w episodes of BH were the best. Less cartoonish.

True. Jethro especially got even stupider over the latter years. It was way better than the color episodes of Andy Griffith, though. Still some great ones in that era.

The quality of their old shows on Circle seems poor, though. Looks like the got the rights to an old batch that has never been cleaned up and updated. They had an episode of Bonanza earlier today that had a buzzing noise all the way through and degraded video. The Hillbillies video was the same.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, DougO said:

The thing that sucks about H&I is that they don't display their show info in the program guide, so you have to wait through all the commercials to see what's on at the moment.

They do in my cable.

H&I was the goat channel with Sundays devoted to all the 90s Canadian camp I never had time to watch.  One day H&I suddenly changed it to an Untouchables marathon, but it is still a very good channel spoiling me with Star Trek.

I had never seen Police Story before.  That was ahead of it's time and it can compete with any modern streaming drama.

2 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

I had never seen Police Story before.  That was ahead of it's time and it can compete with any modern streaming drama.

Joseph Wambaugh was greatness. The Blue Knight (with George Kennedy) and The Onion Field were really good.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

They do in my cable.

H&I was the goat channel with Sundays devoted to all the 90s Canadian camp I never had time to watch.  One day H&I suddenly changed it to an Untouchables marathon, but it is still a very good channel spoiling me with Star Trek.

I have them over the air and they are one of the few that don't have guide data here. Oh well...

20 minutes ago, DougO said:

I have them over the air and they are one of the few that don't have guide data here. Oh well...

15 hours ago, RPM said:

tvtv.us

This is the best guide I've found. You can choose your location and OTA or Cable. It has all the local OTA subchannels and their program guide.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

This is the best guide I've found. You can choose your location and OTA or Cable. It has all the local OTA subchannels and their program guide.

Thanks, I will check it out. I use Titan TV, which is OK. I just wish you could make your own custom channel list that crosses over your air and sat/cable viewing stuff all on one list and make it easy to add or remove individual channels from the list when needed.

Edited by DougO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 9:56 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Great show. 

It’s really not and that gun is just stupid.

Have Gun, Will Travel and Rawhide were better but were both still pretty lame. The baseball episode of Have Gun, Will Travel was like jumping the shark long before Fonzie actually jumped the shark on Happy Days. 

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The baseball episode of Have Gun, Will Travel was like jumping the shark long before Fonzie actually jumped the shark on Happy Days. 

I know for sure the radio version of Gunsmoke did a baseball episode and I'm pretty sure that HGWT episode was from one of their old radio scripts.

• 2 months later...