Thanksgiving/Christmas Political Family Fuckery

Hank Kingsley

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not to long ago I was listening to this video below. It was from a show run by ABC news in 1999 and featured recordings from the 1940s with former slaves. The man was going around at that time and talking to former slaves, and thank the lord he did and that those recordings were preserved. One bit stood out to me when he was talking with a man from North Carolina or Virginia I think. Fellow was saying, 'it didn't matter if you were tired, or hungry, or it was night. They told you to pick cotton all night, that's what you did. Told you to hang (tobacco) that's what you did."

I've heard from a white man before, 'well, my dad made me pick cotton when we were growing up. We turned out alright' was one of the most surreal experiences I ever had after moving to Texas and it's not like I wasn't raised in the south.

Here's the video if anyone would care to watch.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/16/2020 at 2:04 PM, conVINCEd said:

Thanksgiving is still up in the air.  My sister’s in-laws have  3 current COVID cases in their family.  One is on a vent and one is apparently a teenage super spreader. We’ve told her if they are coming we are not.  Most likely getting a to-go pack from Cowboy Chicken and chilling at home.

Teenage Super Spreader- Band Name of the Year, IMHO.

No shenanigans were expected and none occurred. The small handful of Trumpkin flareups were easily laughed off by Host B_T and the social distancing in effect outdoors made it easy for everyone to escape those seeking negative attention.

Also, my sister's prolonged absence continues to be a bittersweet solution to that particular problem.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and her Trumpkin mother are currently not speaking to each other.  She and her husband are going out of town for 10 days during Christmas/NYE out of pure spite, and has declared there will be no presents for anyone except our kid. 

She just dropped off a Christmas gift for our son before going out of town tomorrow. It's a $500 digital camera. He's 3 years old. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

My wife and her Trumpkin mother are currently not speaking to each other.  She and her husband are going out of town for 10 days during Christmas/NYE out of pure spite, and has declared there will be no presents for anyone except our kid. 

She just dropped off a Christmas gift for our son before going out of town tomorrow. It's a $500 digital camera. He's 3 years old. 

I'm not even sure where to begin with that mess

Ebay is your friend
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Film yourself banging her daughter with it, leave the card in, return it to her and ask if she can get it working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

Yeah, sounds like YOU just got a brand new $500 digital camera and you don't have to see your in-laws over the holiday.  I don't see the problem.  

Yes, 10 days without them being around is a gift, no question. 

Kid got hold of the camera. A regular Peter fucking Parker already. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

At home in the RGV, luckily the family are not Trumpsters, but we hit our favorite Mexican joint after church and a Trumper family strolled in.  What kind of dipshit wears a camo Trump hat to a Mexican restaurant in the RGV (and doesn’t take it off at the table, animal). Dickhead was pretty short with the waitress, too. He should be condemned to eat well done steak with ketchup for life, no chips and salsa for you.

I view wearing Trump gear in public as an announcement that you are a cowardly asshole who is too chickenshit to just be a real asshole in public so you passive aggressively speak through Trump. Voting for Trump is basically just vicarious assholery. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1