Beefcake Cawthorn is a proselytizing jackass who needs his own thread

TheStoicPaisano

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep, and like I said, he's too fucking dumb to realize that his fellow Republicans are laying the groundwork to boot him out.

NC primaries are May 17th.  If this stuff is being released now, that means the good stuff is yet to come.

So true. It’s hilarious that he’s become a moral embarrassment to Trump supporters.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

He’s not. He is them, he is their id. Disavowing him would mean disavowing themselves.

Somebody is trying to get rid of him, and it ain't the liberals (while they'd like him gone, they aren't his close personal friends that are taking these incriminating photos or videos).

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

what are your thoughts on the timing on McCarthy's leaked audio tape condemning Trump for the Insurrection?

I honestly don't know, but I'd lean towards this being about selling a book ahead of the fall elections, rather than McCarthy's election.

McCarthy won't lose his re-election (although his primary in June 7th), and while it could be trying to drive a wedge between Republicans (get Trump unloading on McCarthy and McConnell again), or trying to get information to January 6th committees or whatever, it's still a part of a book promotion.

Maybe the owner(s) of the audio simply shopped it around until they were happy with the offer they received, and the book's authors then put the time in on the book, had the lawyers go over it with a fine-toothed comb, etc., to get it out before the fall elections.

I would have to know if any Congressional committees had a copy of this audio before now, because if it's being released for the first time through the authors, then it's a book promotion.

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

what are your thoughts on the timing on McCarthy's leaked audio tape condemning Trump for the Insurrection?

Looking around, some are claiming Elise Stefanik or somebody at her level leaked the audio - if so, then the Trump squad is looking to take down McCarthy as leader of the GOP Reps.

Man. You foment insurrection against your country and republican politicians run to your defense. 

but you casually mention secret orgies one time in public, and suddenly you are getting pulled over every week and having your bags checked at security lines again and all the shit that’s been hidden that you did starts getting made public. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’d say trying to take a gun through security again is evidence that he’s a supremely entitled moron, but it will net him votes, which is likely why he did it. So he’s still supremely entitled, but it can be seen as a rational, though cynical, political move.

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I’d say trying to take a gun through security again is evidence that he’s a supremely entitled moron, but it will net him votes, which is likely why he did it. So he’s still supremely entitled, but it can be seen as a rational, though cynical, political move.

or maybe he's just an asshole. did you consider that?

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

They should have taken that gun, stuck it up his ass and pulled the trigger till it went click.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Why am I not surprised?  Of course nothing will happen, just like all those traffic stops.

5 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They should have taken that gun, stuck it up his ass and pulled the trigger till it went click.

You said it, man.  

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

The Washington Examiner is breaking a story about him insider trading?  Interesting...

Even more smoke that the GQP is trying to get rid of him in the primary, if not get him completely disqualified.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Even more smoke that the GQP is trying to get rid of him in the primary, if not get him completely disqualified.

I'd say it's more than smoke.  The Wash Examiner is basically the newsprint version of FoxNews.  They don't actually do investigative journalism; they just print what the GOP tells them to print.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It fucking enrages me that I've been arrested twice, once for a joint and once for jaywalking (srsly), while this sawed off cocksucker gets mere citations for repeatedly trying to bring loaded guns onto planes, driving without a license. Not to mention getting no sanction for trying to destroy our democracy. 

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

54 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Isn't attempting to bring a firearm through security an automatic arrest and federal felony?

It's my understanding (not a lawyer) that getting one on the plane is a federal offense, but trying to bring one through security is a State offense, and state laws vary. In Texas, if you have a CCL, they will actually give you an opportunity to take the weapon elsewhere for storage (lock it in your car or whatever) and re-screen at the security checkpoint.