MNF - Vikes at da Bears

GhostOfTomJoad

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Kris Boyd being Kris Boyd. Glad to see he's starting at least. 

He's starting because of injuries to 3 of Minnesota's top 4 corners (one of whom is Holton Hill), but he's done a really good job handling the starting role.  Tonight was his second start, and he looked very good.  Granted, the Chicago and Detroit offenses aren't exactly worldbeaters, but Boyd has done a good job.  He did miss a tackle that allowed a TD against Detroit, but he balanced that out with several nice plays in that game.

16 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's starting because of injuries to 3 of Minnesota's top 4 corners (one of whom is Holton Hill), but he's done a really good job handling the starting role.  Tonight was his second start, and he looked very good.  Granted, the Chicago and Detroit offenses aren't exactly worldbeaters, but Boyd has done a good job.  He did miss a tackle that allowed a TD against Detroit, but he balanced that out with several nice plays in that game.

Agree with all of this. I knew Hill was out, but forgot about the other. He did really well like you said. He's talented, and I hope he continues to get better. 

Is Hill injured or is he still suspended? I knew he got popped again at some point 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, just heard. Didn't realize that and was curious as to why. Thought he earned it (which he obviously did as a backup), but he still did well even though it was the Bears. 

Yeah - I wasn't trying to knock him at all - just clarifying.

He always had elite measurables. Getting his head right and being put in a good scheme could turn him into a solid NFL DB.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Agree with all of this. I knew Hill was out, but forgot about the other. He did really well like you said. He's talented, and I hope he continues to get better. 

Is Hill injured or is he still suspended? I knew he got popped again at some point 

Hill hurt his foot several weeks ago -- not sure of the exact nature of the injury.  Zimmer and the entire Vikings organization are very tight-lipped about injuries, so it's difficult to get any info.  They put Hill on IR about a week ago, and he'll be eligible to return to the roster after he sits out three weeks.  

In terms of off-field shenanigans (i.e., weed), Hill has kept his nose clean so far this season.  He served two four-game suspensions last season, so he missed half the 2019 season.  But during the offseason and so far during the 2020 season, Hill hasn't had any issues.  Knock on wood . . .