The Trump Presidential Library Thread of Doom

horn4life

If somebody else already put something up I am sorry, I searched the site and found nothing.  I searched the internet for Trump Presidential Library the following articles popped up.. The first, an article by Forbes The New Donald Trump Presidential Library is Fake News for his Detractors

This was the most recent news article on Trump's library from the Washington Examiner Slow Start on the Trump Presidential Library. Which is a snapshot today of how many unanswered questions regarding a future Trump Presidential Library there still are at this point.  Fundraising is going to be key, and it may be tougher on Trump than past Presidents.  Now it may be I am completely wrong here, but Trump is about as likely to be making publicity with court appearances in the next 24 months as library fundraisers.  With even folks like the surviving Koch brother saying " we fucked up" will the monster dollar donors come in early?

Here is the link to the Library Vision that Forbes refers to djtrumplibrary.com

After I searched for "Trump  Presidential Library Location" I wondered about Obama, and "obama library fundraising started when?" Just wondering how soon Obama started the process, for the cost of his and fundraising and whatnot for his Library. , assuming Chicago wouldn't be cheap. This is the article that popped to the top. From December 23rd 2116, so on time from a historic perspective Obama Foundation's daunting task: Raising money for his library. Library is still not open and the digital documentation is apparently ongoing. 

The costs on these things keep climbing especially if in an Urban high foot traffic area.  College Station is a lot cheaper than downtown Houston for example, In President George Herbert Walker Bush's case.  The Libraries are also often a boon for Universities from a long term research access and tourist perspective.  I assume for Trump the Library will be in Florida, (though Moscow might look good in 24 months.) Simply from a cost perspective and the hostility of his lifelong hometown area Florida seems to be the right fit.  Anyhow it will be interesting to see University affiliations, and potential sites I am assuming close to Mira Largo. 

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see no action on a Library at all in the near term.  As a Library suggest a finality to a Presidency, that Trump will not want to face, but fundraising is so key while he still has the limelight isn't it? I also think that the only certainty from a research perspective, is that The Trump Library will likely be one, if not the smallest ever in the age of computers for researchers in the volume of historical documents available to peruse. Simply as the Trump administration views so many of these potential Trump Library documents and records as... evidence... 

14 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Just a hunch, but I don't think there will be a Trump Library, if he finds out he can't grift the money for himself.

I'm thinking maybe a virtual library rather than a brick and mortar building.  Something linked to an online university.  It will consist of thousands of tweets which are searchable by date and topic.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Desantis is is already putting pressure on Florida university system board members to find funding to jumpstart development efforts to get this thing built near FAU in Boca.  Wheels have been in motion for a year already.  

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

IThis is the article that popped to the top. From December 23rd 2116, so on time from a historic perspective Obama Foundation's daunting task: Raising money for his library. Library is still not open and the digital documentation is apparently ongoing. 

Look at John Titor here.

21 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Plenty of "colleges" nearby that I'm sure would love the attention. Hell, one of them might even be willing to change its name to Trump University. I'm sure one of them is evangelical related.

image.png.6a1fbb08f859491b7961c5f924a3eb76.png

Palm Beach Atlantic would check the evangelical box.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

If done properly, Trump's library could be the most entertaining one to visit. It would need to be an honest assessment of him and his presidency, however.  If he or his family is in charge of building it, it's going to be worthless self promotion. 

And an utterly massive gift shop, complete with wonderful merchandise with the "You're Fired!" logo prominently displayed.

15 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I've said it before, it will be a gift shop with Trump merch and a larger than life statue/cutout of Trump to take pictures in front of for $20 a pop.

This.

That’s why I can’t see it being anywhere but Mara Lago.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

This.

That’s why I can’t see it being anywhere but Mara Lago.

No, that would be like caddy day at the Bushwood CC Pool.  He does not want the ditch diggers at his club.  Think about what Judge Smails would do.

Edited by TexasEd

Glad my alma mater already has one and doesn't have space for another. Even if it is one of the more frowned upon entries.

(Not that we'd ever let Trump in a million years put it here)

And it doesn't HAVE to be attached to a university. Clinton's isn't.

Edited by ztejas

He will announce the library will be somewhere prestigious (it won’t be)

He will say it will be the most expensive and best one ever (it won’t be)

No matter what happens, he will try to grift off it, and the library will go bankrupt 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There's been a discussion of his future library before.  

Here's my position:  

1) Massive fundraising will occur.  Of course, it will be a "non-profit" that raises the cash.

2) The "perfect" site will be chosen

3)  The perfect site will be on land that the Trump Org. either already owns, or has some kind of option to purchase at a set price

4) The non-profit will purchase the land from Trumpco, and of course, Trumpco will profit greatly

5) The non-profit will contract with a Trumpco entity to do the construction, further lining Trump pockets. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

All I can tell you is that... this is the point where the page turned...  https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-pick-for-the-federal-reserve-fails-amid-covid-quarantines-gop-defections-205834096.html

The GOP Senate has been confirming unqualified nut bags for lifetime federal court positions for nearly 4 years,  This nut bag is the same is all the others,  

Sad the GOP is so fucking hypocritical and unprincipled, that the pretend stand of principle is a FED appointment nobody cares about.  

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, having worked in Florida real estate, I can tell you that single owner trailer parks are a gold mine.  Buy the park and condo the lots and you'll make a lot of money (you can do the same with marinas, too).  But it's hard to do because everyone knows about it and the moment has passed.

So, how would they be able to pull this off?  Eminent domain, maybe?

How does he make money in that situation? If the answer is he doesn’t then there’s now at this is happening. More likely he sets it up at a golf course he owns that has a hotel on site and he can make money for years to come. Or maybe in Trump tower so that his building has additional security forever paid by taxpayers. Elevators maintained by the taxpayers. Lobby and gift shop paid by taxpayers. Yep. That’s more like trump.

• 1 month later...

Figured it might be almost time to bump this up.   What city is gonna want to build the new Mecca for White Supremacists to gather at annually? Who is going to fund this thing now? 

Usually you need some corporate money and major fucking fundraising don't you?  I just think it's sort of fascinating to think of what might happen here?  As right now what company in their right mind would want to be associated with a Trump Library?  Who are going to be the major contributors? The Saudi's The Russians? Would you want your company name associated with Trump at this point, even if you loved the guy?  I think not.

I am almost starting to wonder if there will be a Trump Presidential Library at all..

Yeah, you'll see some loyal HNWI contributors come in, but no company or public entity is gonna donate $1 for the foreseeable future.  Not anymore.

I'm sure he'll come up with some bullshit "challenge grant" deal though.  "For every $5000 you donate to the Trump library, Mexico will pay for all of it three-fold and so I will I"  Which of course makes no sense mathematically, but he'll attract enough dumbasses to click "donate" and they'll pocket 90% of it to sustain their lifestyle.  

I'd say the frontrunners are Liberty and somewhere in Florida.  Don't think Florida has a Presidential Library, just a museum (Harry Truman Little White House in Key West). 

Texas A&M would blow up the Bush Library to get it.  He's dead, who cares. But that seems like a long shot.

It's going somewhere, they are planning on it already:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/15/presidential-library-gifts-moved-out-of-the-white-house/

Edited by Js1

Brooks and Andy could docent! 

Yeah, given DeSantis continuing to double down on support of Trump plus leaks of him leaning on his state's higher ed board (with many of them already being big Trump donors).....I think there's still a very high chance it ends up at Florida Atlantic University.  It's only 20 miles from Mar-a-Lago, they can grift a shit-ton of state money for it, Trump can put up a hotel next to it, etc.  And the school is about as academically focused as Eric watching his older brother in the throes of a coke binge.  

It's a win-win.