Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

Just now, Jiggy-Z said:

While I have not looked at PPs books, I suspect the 100 MIL you are referring to is total annual revenues i the form of services and grants which may include the sale of body parts.

Nope. That's net after expenses. (And the sale of body parts.)

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No, that's a nice anecdote though.  WTF does that have to do with some other woman's body?  

It informs my position in that I've lived the consequences of NOT having aborted my child. That's pretty easy to understand I should think. Even for a doctor.

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

This is a joke, right?  

No. When someone whines about whether or not they are "allowed" to have an opinion, they are claiming victimhood. When they say you want to load them in a cattle car, they are claiming victimhood. It is the bread and butter of reactionary conservatives.

58 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Grassroots movements promoting safe sex education, compassion, love, and alternatives for mothers considering abortion.

That all sounds like roses and sunshine.

There would clearly need to be some restriction on latest termination time.

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No,  you're not allowed your own opinion. You are under arrest by the government. Enjoy jail, sucker!

Why are you so whiny? Why do you pretend to be a victim?

lol what? I'll just make fun of you on the Internet, Captain Victimhood

"Don't talk about abortion until you've paid for a few of them." - smart people

I honestly do not think your opinion is any more informed now than it was when you were paying to have babies killed because you didn't know how to be responsible*. What you have done is gone from one selfish motivation ("Raise a baby? Ain't nobody got time for that!") to another selfish motivation ("I love my baby! Now I'm King Righteousness!"). All of it flows through your own selfishness and self-centeredness.

And fuckin' LOL at the idea of you being "informed" when your role was to fork over some cash while the women actually had to go through with it.

I've never had to deal with any side of it. I wore a rubber until I got married and then we had kids then I got snipped when we didn't want any more kids. Even though I've never had to deal with it, I have no idea why I would want to interfere with other peoples' choices or want the government to interfere on my behalf. I'm an asshole, but I'm not that much of an asshole.

Yes i am terrified of your anti-abortion ideas that you share with tens/hundreds of millions of Americans. You are a wildman and a true rebel

* - from your own logic. I don't think you paid to have babies killed. I think you and your sexual partners had to make difficult decisions and I do not think the government should have prevented you from making your own choices in this regard

This was YOUR thread. What did you want from it?

Didn't I just give you EXACTLY what you wanted? Someone to look down on and feel superior to? Go back and reread your OP. You didn't want an honest discussion. You wanted a foil and I volunteered.

I have been through both sides. I didn't just pay for either the abortions or the pregnancy. It wasn't my body but it was my life.

Sometime around the second or third month after my son was born I was doing the 3am feeding, (with a bottle of course), and my opinion on abortion began to change for the reasons I've given and that you seem to believe are not valid.

So be it.

Do you have kids?

Fair enough. You're entitled to be ignorant, but you're not going to change MY mind about it.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Grassroots movements promoting safe sex education, compassion, love, and alternatives for mothers considering abortion.

Hell yes. Hell yes.

Offer a truckload of services for pregnant women. Free healthcare. Maternity leave. Cash. Healthy food.

9 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

This was YOUR thread. What did you want from it?

a pony

Didn't I just give you EXACTLY what you wanted? Someone to look down on and feel superior to? Go back and reread your OP. You didn't want an honest discussion. You wanted a foil and I volunteered.

You're not wrong, but I don't understand what the point of your questions/statements here might be. I'm not telling you not to participate. NO one is going to arrest you for talking, Mr. Victim.

Do you have kids?

nope I didn't even mention it in the post you quoted.

Kids are awesome. I'm glad you had a transformative experience with your own child. It's truly amazing and it changes a man like nothing else can (except war, I guess). I think it is interesting/annoying/funny that people like you go through those experiences and decide to increase their judgment and disdain for other humans; that they become less empathetic instead of more empathetic.

It's almost like you want to punish your past self by scolding others who made the same choices you did. Weird psychological shit happening.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoobieWah said:

The official platform is that abortion should be on demand literally until natural birth. AND that the government should pay for ALL of them.

No shit. They don't advertise it of course, (well they do the government paying for it part), but go find a pro abortionist that sets any time limit at all. Go ahead.

I know what it means. PP calls itself a non-profit while booking a cool $100,000,000 a year.

No shit.

Do YOU call that a non-profit?

Hint: If you have to use strawmen and half baked conspiracy theories over a budget surplus, you should probably rethink your position.

I think a fair number of liberal voters could be convinced to ban abortion from months 7-on, except for immediate health of the mother in extremely rare circumstances, if this came with an agreement to increase benefits for people who choose to carry those kids to term and increases to sexual education and public health programs to reduce unwanted pregnancies and help pregnant mothers identify that they are pregnant early. 

Calling for abortion to be eliminated while simultaneously cutting public benefits for kids and not funding proper adoption programs or proper sexual education is an intellectually dishonest position, but it's the position the bulk of the GOP supports.

There are lots of ways we can reduce abortions. We should be trying to utilize as many as possible.  

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

a woman should have control over their own reproductive rights until they infringe on the rights of the baby they're carrying. those little humans should be the most protected of our protected classes.  they are completely unable to defend themselves, the most vulnerable of the vulnerable.  

Wait, so we gotta give them guns in the womb now?!

4 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

I know what it means. PP calls itself a non-profit while booking a cool $100,000,000 a year.

No shit.

Do YOU call that a non-profit?

Holy crap, either you're doing some hardcore 4D trolling or you're way out of your league in terms of understanding finance/accounting...well, hell, I should just say understanding how business works.

Wildcat has tried to explain it to you multiple times, yet, somehow, you still can't wrap your head around the very simple concept of how PP can be a 501(c)(3), while not having expenses be higher than revenue.

Do you even Joel Olsteen, bro?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Let's protect babies in the womb, but not give a flying fuck about them after they're born. 

because those are mutually exclusive?  you ARE allowed to form an opinion on whether or not abortion is an immoral injury to a helpless human independent of anything else. 

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

you ARE allowed to form an opinion on whether or not abortion is an immoral injury to a helpless human independent of anything else. 

If it were "just an opinion" nobody would care...but anti-abortion folks want to require everyone else to abide by these... opinions

5 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

So can we agree that abortions should be forbidden after say twelve weeks?

I would consider that a vast improvement over the current situation.

Why do you care? Not your decision. Not your money. Not your problem. There’s nothing to debate.

I think it’s child abuse to force your kids to be indocturined into religion or to circumcise them. But it doesn’t matter what I think.

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

If it were "just an opinion" nobody would care...but anti-abortion folks want to require everyone else to abide by these... opinions

Anti-holocaust folks wanted to require everyone else to abide by their opinions.  Bastards. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Of course not. You're the one who brought up women and combat.

She apparently thinks men don’t get and opinion on abortion or that hers is more valid because she has a pussy and might could have an abortion. 

Does that also mean women’s opinions on combat should be disregarded since Bama Chick and women won’t be dying in combat?

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

She apparently thinks men don’t get and opinion on abortion or that hers is more valid because she has a pussy and might could have an abortion. 

Does that also mean women’s opinions on combat should be disregarded since Bama Chick and women won’t be dying in combat?

See, the difference is women do die in combat. A man will never get pregnant.

• Like 2

Kill all the unborn babies you want, just dont force me to pay for it. 

Planned parenthood is an absolute scam, there's some weird shit going on with sellin baby parts and how they are a DNC money laundering scheme. The umbilical cord is much, much better for stem cells but its illegal in America for whatever dumb reason.

baby_sacrifice_Planned_Parenthood.jpg

Edited by SmokeyBear1861

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Is this really how your brain works?

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Is this really how your brain works?

No. I don’t think being a male or female or cisgender or any of the other 50 made up gender classifications liberals have fabricated has anything to do with thr merits of the argument on abortion. 

24 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

it would be morally bankrupt to NOT be vocal about an issue one believes to have literal life and death consequences especially in the case of a victim who has no ability to defend himself or herself and whose very existence is marginalized for convenience.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

it would be morally bankrupt to NOT be vocal about an issue one believes to have literal life and death consequences especially in the case of a victim who has no ability to defend himself or herself and whose very existence is marginalized for convenience.  

They shout black lives matter while holding a pro abortion sign when abortions kill more black lives than any other cause of death.

2 minutes ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

They shout black lives matter while holding a pro abortion sign when abortions kill more black lives than any other cause of death.

But you see that’s good for society they argue. I mean those darkies were going to grow up and be criminals. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

No. I don’t think being a male or female or cisgender or any of the other 50 made up gender classifications liberals have fabricated has anything to do with thr merits of the argument on abortion. 

Right... so your brain is on the low functioning end of the spectrum.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You subsidize abortions with your insurance premiums.

I don’t. Bought a non compliant policy now that the mandate is gone. And have encouraged others to do so. All the coverage I need with much lower premiums and deductibles.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don’t. Bought a non compliant policy now that the mandate is gone. And have encouraged others to do so. All the coverage I need with much lower premiums and deductibles.

ITT Johnny Sack demonstrates his deep knowledge of how insurance pools work