Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

This is both maddening and also reassuring that Biden learned from 2009 that these people can fuck right off because they can't negotiate in good faith and they are only beholden to their donors and their base and not the American people. 

76% of voters back Biden's $1.9T plan, including 60% of Republicans and 70% of independents - how is this not bipartisan?

210223_Stimulus-Popularity_fullwidth.png

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

This is both maddening and also reassuring that Biden learned from 2009 that these people can fuck right off because they can't negotiate in good faith and they are only beholden to their donors and their base and not the American people. 

76% of voters back Biden's $1.9T plan, including 60% of Republicans and 70% of independents - how is this not bipartisan?

210223_Stimulus-Popularity_fullwidth.png

When republicans are in charge: "Fuck you, we're gonna do what we want!".

When they're not: "Fuck you, be bipartisan and do what we want!". 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

When republicans are in charge: "Fuck you, we're gonna do what we want!".

When they're not: "Fuck you, be bipartisan and do what we want!". 

More like:

GOP: We demand bipartisanship!

Media: Oh, ok.  So you'll vote in favor of Joe Biden's COVID proposal as a show of bipartisanship? 

GOP: Fuck no! 

• Hook 'Em 1

"President Biden will nominate a former U.S. Postal Service executive, a leading voting-rights advocate and a former postal union leader to the mail service’s governing board, according to three people briefed on the nominees, a move that will reshape the agency’s leadership and increase pressure on the embattled postmaster general.

Biden will nominate Ron Stroman, the Postal Service’s recently retired deputy postmaster general; Amber McReynolds, the chief executive of National Vote at Home Institute; and Anton Hajjar, the former general counsel of the American Postal Workers Union, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal policy.

If confirmed, the nominees would give Democrats a majority on the nine-member board of governors, with potentially enough votes to oust DeJoy, who testified Wednesday before a House panel that his new strategic plan for the mail service included slowing deliveries."

Very competent people. 

I don't know why it says "potentially"

There's 3 vacant slots and 2 current Democrats.  Moak was recommended by Schumer. Ron Bloom served in the Obama administration.  That's 5/9. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

get it fucking done. fuck republicans. leave them in the dust

The only part of this that is not bi-partisan are the members of the death cult in the House and Senate that will not vote for anything they are unable to take full credit for. When the percentage of the country as a whole is overwhelmingly behind the stimulus and yet they find themselves unable to vote in favor of it you know exactly why that is. 

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Normalcy is so comforting.

I had no clue this was a thing (Kelly Clarkson show) and the "hi y'all" seems forced, so not sure I would call it "normalcy". 

BUT it's not a soviet whore plagiarizing her way through a publicity spot trying to convince us that she's against the online bullying her narcissistic "husband" engages with on a minutely basis, while at the same time trying to convince us she's not actually Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle, so I'll allow it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

The only part of this that is not bi-partisan are the members of the death cult in the House and Senate that will not vote for anything they are unable to take full credit for. When the percentage of the country as a whole is overwhelmingly behind the stimulus and yet they find themselves unable to vote in favor of it you know exactly why that is. 

It might have more to do with their actual constituents - the people that paid to put them in power in the first place.

I had no clue this was a thing (Kelly Clarkson show) and the "hi y'all" seems forced, so not sure I would call it "normalcy". 
BUT it's not a soviet whore plagiarizing her way through a publicity spot trying to convince us that she's against the online bullying her narcissistic "husband" engages with on a minutely basis, while at the same time trying to convince us she's not actually Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle, so I'll allow it.

If a gal from Burleson, Texas can’t say y’all, then who can?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hopefully, this is the start of an unending barrage of releases of all the shit Trump knew and tried to sweep under the rug on behalf of his fascist dictator buddies ... 

A U.S. intelligence report expected to be released on Thursday will place blame for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi on Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, according to Reuters.

The report, led by the CIA, will lay out how the crown prince approved and likely ordered the murder of Khashoggi, four people familiar with its contents told the news service. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/540441-intelligence-report-will-single-out-saudi-crown-prince-for-approving-khashoggi

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bomb Syria? Hell yes!

$15 minimum wage? NOPE!

This guy is absolute garbage.

Which do you want to be, an idiot or a Troll?  The bombing in Syria was in retaliation to an attack on US and coalition forces a week or so ago.  It was proportionate and not like he went and blew up Damascus.  It’s probably just a way to get Iran to the negotiation table to discuss the nuclear deal again.  Not saying I am for bombing other countries but it seems like this was in direct response to an attack.  As for the $15 minimum wage, Biden is the one pushing for that and the Republicans are refusing to pass any Covid relief legislation with that in it so they are being forced to remove it.  I am sure if Bernie was now President all of your magical rainbows and unicorns would have already occurred, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

And Biden said he didn’t think it would get past the Byrd Rule. Imagine that, a guy who spent most of his adult life in the Senate and 8 years as Senate President when he was VP knew more about the Byrd Rule than Twitter does. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Not sure where to put this, but CNN reporting that Capitol Police say "militias" are threatening to blow up the Capitol during the State of the Union.  So that's fine.  

We live in a country with a terrorist movement that is supported by half of the government.  That is not sustainable.

• Hook 'Em 2

They can overrule the Senate parliamentarian. They won't because they don't care.

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And Biden said he didn’t think it would get past the Byrd Rule. Imagine that, a guy who spent most of his adult life in the Senate and 8 years as Senate President when he was VP knew more about the Byrd Rule than Twitter does. 

Well if he doesn't think it will happen then I guess we shouldn't even try!

#Democrats

• Hook 'Em 1