Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hell yeah, it’s a secret plan that only Joe knows and he can’t just tell all the idiots because it’s super secret and if anyone finds out it won’t work. He’s playing 4D chess here people. 

This is the go to defense every time. You’re just too stupid to understand how it really works in DC!  As if I didn’t just witness a fucking moron declare the border wall a national emergency and circumvent Congress to fund the idiotic project with military money, without any consequences.  And yes, I want the democrats to be just as ruthless as Republicans because their ideas actually help people. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

jesus christ, no wonder republicans keep winning national elections with no majority of voters. democrats are the worst. take it a step at a time, the minimum wage is and always was going to play second fiddle to the stims and the vaccines. 

jesus fucking christ, calm down, people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

NYT alert: Biden won't penalize Saudi Arabia's crown prince over Khashoggi killing, fearing a break with a key ally.

So that's fun.  And cowardly.  And wrong.

On the bright side it sends a clear message to journalists about what the US is willing to do, regardless of which party is in power, when one is tortured and chopped up into pieces. Criticize a totalitarian regime and maybe you end up in several suitcases and Joe Biden issues a strongly worded note telling those dang Saudis to knock it off. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The COVID unemployment benefits from the last bill run out March 14. Can’t delay this bill any longer or there’s going to be a lapse for people - gonna have to figure out minimum wage increase a different way. 

Cool what is the plan to get a $15 minimum wage?

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

On the bright side it sends a clear message to journalists about what the US is willing to do, regardless of which party is in power, when one is tortured and chopped up into pieces. Criticize a totalitarian regime and maybe you end up in several suitcases and Joe Biden issues a strongly worded note telling those dang Saudis to knock it off. 

I spoke too soon, this is some really hard hitting stuff by the Biden administration and I have to give them credit for taking a stand and really going after MBS and the Saudis. 

The greatest thing about Biden is he actually gives a shit.  He is not a narcissist, who would gladly put a great many people in their grave simply as a distration to divide out country over mask wearing.  

I honestly laugh my fucking ass off at the folks trying the throw shade at Biden. Especially, after being willing to pretend they have had some sort of principles the last four years, as they post today's criticisms. 

But yes Biden is not perfect. But you have to compare him to the scumbag we had before, who EMBRACED a murder. NOT for the good of the American people, but for the good of the finances of Trump and Kushner.  Thankfully we now have a man who knows what SERVING the American people is rather than ONLY SERVING HIMSELF.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ, no wonder republicans keep winning national elections with no majority of voters. democrats are the worst. take it a step at a time, the minimum wage is and always was going to play second fiddle to the stims and the vaccines. 

jesus fucking christ, calm down, people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Answer me this:  if Biden could get a $12 minimum wage through w/o much hassle, would that be a good thing?

It's as if nobody around here has ever paid attention to politics, ever.

Jesus fuck, yes that would be an amazing first step.  $12 would be a huge win.  Last time, it was raised by 38%.  You're talking about a 65% increase this time.

Take the short term win, win more Senate seats in 2022 and then raise it again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

NYT alert: Biden won't penalize Saudi Arabia's crown prince over Khashoggi killing, fearing a break with a key ally.

So that's fun.  And cowardly.  And wrong.

Now this, this is something worth being infuriated about. Fuck everything here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yes.  The purpose of posting that tweet is we could use 2019 Biden right now, you know, advocating for good stuff publicly. Applying pressure, publicly. You know, politics. 

see, if you had said that instead of vague posting something that comes on the heels of all your criticism of Biden recently it wouldn't have come across as whining. just some food for thought

Y'all remember when posters here were totally outraged over psychotropic use among kids detailed under the Obama administration being uncovered under the Trump administration and other posters were hoping that people could maintain their attention span. Yeah, I remember. 

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Are you surprised?

That we still care that much about Saudi Arabia even though we are nominally energy independent and fast moving away from fossil fuels? Honestly, a little bit, yes. They are hardly an ally. And I don't see much justification for calling them "key" anymore. 10 years ago, that may have made sense, at least from a pure power politics perspective. It doesn't anymore. 

47 minutes ago, horn4life said:

The greatest thing about Biden is he actually gives a shit.  He is not a narcissist, who would gladly put a great many people in their grave simply as a distration to divide out country over mask wearing.  

I honestly laugh my fucking ass off at the folks trying the throw shade at Biden. Especially, after being willing to pretend they have had some sort of principles the last four years, as they post today's criticisms. 

But yes Biden is not perfect. But you have to compare him to the scumbag we had before, who EMBRACED a murder. NOT for the good of the American people, but for the good of the finances of Trump and Kushner.  Thankfully we now have a man who knows what SERVING the American people is rather than ONLY SERVING HIMSELF.

Did you not see that Biden wears an expensive watch?  And his dogs are dirty. He's terrible. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Answer me this:  if Biden could get a $12 minimum wage through w/o much hassle, would that be a good thing?

It's as if nobody around here has ever paid attention to politics, ever.

Has nobody paid attention to the extremely online and progressive twitter response to the $1400 vs the $2000?

If you talked endlessly about $15/hr and passed $12/hr, twitter would crash from an accidental DDoS attack from the brute force of everyone losing their crap about that extra $3 an hour that they are now entitled to and owed, simply by virtue of everyone talking about it and assuming it is going to happen, and mostly because they've already mentally spent it.

Sensible dems and moderates and centrists would celebrate, the far left would mock and meme it a lot, and the craziest of the far left would be infuriated worse than if nothing happened and it actually stayed at $7.25, because at least then (in their mind) they weren't robbed by vampire democrats of $3/hour.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Has nobody paid attention to the extremely online and progressive twitter response to the $1400 vs the $2000?

If you talked endlessly about $15/hr and passed $12/hr, twitter would crash from an accidental DDoS attack from the brute force of everyone losing their crap about that extra $3 an hour that they are now entitled to and owed, simply by virtue of everyone talking about it and assuming it is going to happen, and mostly because they've already mentally spent it.

Sensible dems and moderates and centrists would celebrate, the far left would mock and meme it a lot, and the craziest of the far left would be infuriated worse than if nothing happened and it actually stayed at $7.25, because at least then (in their mind) they weren't robbed by vampire democrats of $3/hour.

The frustration about stuff like this is there are no good excuses. The $2,000 check was a pre GA runoff talking point.  It has overwhelming public support.  The people voted and gave power to Dems with the idea that $2,000 checks would be on the way.  Then we get the lawyerly, well actually Trump already gave you $600 of that money we promised so we’re only going to do $1,400 now for literally no good reason. It’s bad politics and unnecessary.   This also applies to to the $15 minimum wage which also has enormous public support. The democrats CAN do this, the voters are behind them, but they’re deciding not to fight that hard for it because I don’t know why.  And $15 minimum wage isn’t a living wage these days either but it’s doable. Why not do it? Because of a filibuster held up by two dem Senators? Come on man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Biden making Harris do that is like the political version of the QB leading your star WR over the middle into a Darren Woodson helmet-to-helmet collision, back when that was legal. You picked her for VP because she can run the stretch post for a TD, not to get killed on the first series.

We were a football messageboard fandom first so some of you still speak football and aren't completely corrupted souls, I hope.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

3 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Biden making Harris do that is like the political version of the QB leading your star WR over the middle into a Darren Woodson helmet-to-helmet collision, back when that was legal. You picked her for VP because she can run the stretch post for a TD, not to get killed on the first series.

Excellent, what fantastic and winning moves will VP Harris be making other than this?

Look it's fucking STUPID AS SHIT to push so hard to include the $15 an hour raise in this recovery package. 

POLITICALLY it is SOOooooooooo much smarter to make them vote on stand alone bills starting at $15... then $14.5... Then $14... Then $13.50... $13.25... $13.00...$12.75... $12.50... and so on.  Have the vote WEEKLY every Thursday afternoon at 4 pm Eastern for each decrease.  Those pussy fucking snowflake Republicans will cave within the month. Because you simply cannot come up with a LIE to explain why you keep voting against.

I would also be doing massive voter registration in white rural communities over this issue by democratic organizations.  

As an INDEPENDENT issue the minimum wage is awesome.  And if you are listening to the fucking genius political strategist that gave us Trump... tell Bernie that nuclear war isn't as smart as winning a lot of hearts and minds by showing the working man exactly who the republicans are.

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, horn4life said:

Look it's fucking STUPID AS SHIT to push so hard to include the $15 an hour raise in this recovery package. 

POLITICALLY it is SOOooooooooo much smarter to make them vote on stand alone bills starting at $15... then $14.5... Then $14... Then $13.50... $13.25... $13.00...$12.75... $12.50... and so on.  Have the vote WEEKLY every Thursday afternoon at 4 pm Eastern for each decrease.  Those pussy fucking snowflake Republicans will cave within the month. Because you simply cannot come up with a LIE to explain why you keep voting against.

I would also be doing massive voter registration in white rural communities over this issue by democratic organizations.  

As an INDEPENDENT issue the minimum wage is awesome.  And if you are listening to the fucking genius political strategist that gave us Trump... tell Bernie that nuclear war isn't as smart as winning a lot of hearts and minds by showing the working man exactly who the republicans are.

The Republicans won't ever have to vote against it because of the filibuster.

11 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

EvKvRbuUUAknApj?format=jpg&name=large

So I guess I'm missing something.  We are the most powerful military force in the world and just did a targeted airstrike on a purely military position, but this is somehow a bridge too far?  Are we never supposed to retaliate for anything again?  Is it Dems or Rs that are suddenly Super Doves?

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So I guess I'm missing something.  We are the most powerful military force in the world and just did a targeted airstrike on a purely military position, but this is somehow a bridge too far?  Are we never supposed to retaliate for anything again?  Is it Dems or Rs that are suddenly Super Doves?

The deal with this air strike is it was almost purely political. The administration made a big production about it to make a statement. It isn’t going to make America safer. Our military could retaliate against isolated attacks without the Biden administration directing the bombers.  Like remember when we killed 200+ Russians in Syria during the Trump administration and no one really noticed?  Wasn’t that weird AF? This was nothing like that. 

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Your transformation over the past couple of months from "I'm one of the few rational Republican disgusted by the last 4 years" to disingenuous-just-asking-questions guy to full blown MAGA, "Me alpha, you beta" pathetic bullshit would have been entertaining if it wasn't so god damned predictable.

We all had you pegged since Day 1 (RIP Now this). All it took was a little AOC talk and some flailing attempts at whataboutism, and you just couldn't help yourself.

Some of us saw through this BS from the beginning 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1