Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

I'd also think the plans call for having a ready supply on hand for when/if kid trials are finished and the 3 vaccines are approved. Even if that's not the goal, you do what the US always does, you give to the rest of the world that's not as well off as we are. This is someone looking for a crisis. No see, we're not in the tank for the libs. We're going after Biden for things that aren't even a reality yet. 

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I'd also think the plans call for having a ready supply on hand for when/if kid trials are finished and the 3 vaccines are approved. Even if that's not the goal, you do what the US always does, you give to the rest of the world that's not as well off as we are. This is someone looking for a crisis. No see, we're not in the tank for the libs. We're going after Biden for things that aren't even a reality yet. 

When I saw  the NYT lede, I was thinking 'what a good problem to have' at this point in time. I mean, it's true that surplus and over-runs can be an issue, but my Lord, they've been vaccinating people at an astonishing rate and "thank you ," is the first thing I'd say if I were to meet the WH team face to face.

I thought it was pretty cool that Biden didn’t mention how much money he has, make red or blue states distinctions, punch down on private citizens or lie like a silken rug. It was refreshing. 
I don’t get why cons insist on pressing Putin’s tired old meme of a demented Joe. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 9:12 PM, GRHorn said:

The funny thing is a unique ability to politically savvy people is they can connect names and faces. Think every politician you’ve ever met. Or Mack Brown. It’s an innate skill almost necessary for rising to that position. Even GWB could manage it. But our President needs a mugshot lineup. I’m sure Joe never needed something like that when he’s trying to rip Clarence Thomas a new one.

Yeah he’s doing great guys. 

What’s weird is you think anyone here gives a shit about this dumbass opinion or that you are accomplishing anything here at all. Maybe you need a cognitive brain test. 

On 3/27/2021 at 4:24 AM, JimmyJames said:

Looks like GRUHorn is gonna retreat for awhile to build up more rep in DT from his socks and the other idiots. Oh but he will be back. Dude is the most persistent troll on this board. Which for me the only explanation for it is he’s being paid a couple rubles an hour. 

he is winning because he is making this thread unreadable and uninformative. because people can't fucking stop interacting with him.

he has the same goal at trump. just cause noise and make life miserable. its what death cults want. the only way you beat it is to ignore it. can't believe we are on year whatever of this and people still don't fucking get that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, staboner said:

he is winning because he is making this thread unreadable and uninformative. because people can't fucking stop interacting with him.

he has the same goal at trump. just cause noise and make life miserable. its what death cults want. the only way you beat it is to ignore it. can't believe we are on year whatever of this and people still don't fucking get that. 

I agree that’s what he’s doing but I disagree that he is winning. It’s important to point out what he’s doing as opposed to just letting it slide. Most all of the DT trolls are scared to post here now because they are rightfully called on their bullshit. 

You are correct the downside is he fucks  up all sorts of threads but what exactly is the alternative? If you ban him he just comes back with some new handle like Chrispy troll has done. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I agree that’s what he’s doing but I disagree that he is winning. It’s important to point out what he’s doing as opposed to just letting it slide. Most all of the DT trolls are scared to post here now because they are rightfully called on their bullshit. 

You are correct the downside is he fucks  up all sorts of threads but what exactly is the alternative? If you ban him he just comes back with some new handle like Chrispy troll has done. 

BurroCigarro?

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, staboner said:

74 million people voted for Trump.  Ignoring his supporters is a monumentally fucking stupid tactic.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

74 million people voted for Trump.  Ignoring his supporters is a monumentally fucking stupid tactic.

Should the 63 million who voted for Hillary be ignored? How about the 81 million who voted for Joe? Should they be ignored?

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

those people need to be called for their shit.

that is not the same as arguing with Tahoehorn about Biden's walking or whatever. that shit clogged up the last two pages and is just fucking dumb. 

21 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

some posters have been disingenuous posters for god knows how long.  ignoring them is my vote. 

hope you homies are good this fine day. 

hope joe is rocking and rolling. still just beside myself to have a caring human as POTUS versus a low functioning narcissist that gets the simples excited. 

On 3/26/2021 at 4:13 PM, Dr. Teeth said:

Joe needs to make sure we get local heroine producers back to work. We can’t have Mexico beating us in getting the best drugs into the hands of the people of Montana. 

Total bunch of flapping cunts.

22 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Probably. He’s much more long winded but it’s basically the same tactic. Spew bullshit while trying to sound reasonable. 

I have not waded into the last few pages of idiocy because I usually only try and weigh in when I have a point of view, but...obsession noted 😉

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/03/30/president-biden-announces-intent-to-nominate-11-judicial-candidates/

Biden with the largest slate of judicial picks in the first 100 days

• 10 circuit and district court judges
  • One superior court judge for DC

This group also includes groundbreaking nominees, including three African American women chosen for Circuit Court vacancies, as well as candidates who, if confirmed, would be the first Muslim American federal judge in U.S. history, the first AAPI woman to ever serve on the U.S. District Court for the District of D.C., and the first woman of color to ever serve as a federal judge for the District of Maryland.

Stark contrast from Trump's 220 judges, most of whom were just white men.

Included in today's announcement is Ketanji Brown Jackson who will be filling Garland's DC Court of Appeals seat and is likely the Breyer replacement, when it happens. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Biden makes a splash with his first judicial nominees:

President Joe Biden announced Tuesday his plans to nominate 11 candidates to the federal judiciary, the most any recent president has put forth in his first 100 days. The slate of candidates reflects a range of diversity in both personal and professional backgrounds.

“This trailblazing slate of nominees draws from the very best and brightest minds of the American legal profession," Biden said in announcing the slate.

"Each is deeply qualified and prepared to deliver justice faithfully under our Constitution and impartially to the American people — and together they represent the broad diversity of background, experience, and perspective that makes our nation strong," he continued.

Among the nominees are jurists who have experience on military and family courts, professionals with backgrounds as public defenders and prosecutors, a county administrator and an intellectual property lawyer.

The group also includes three Black women nominated to serve on the powerful Circuit Courts, the first Muslim American to be nominated to a federal court and the first Asian Pacific American woman to serve on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

An especially notable nomination is Biden's intent to place U.S. District Court Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to serve on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. The D.C. Circuit Court is widely seen as one of the most influential courts in the country and has long been viewed as a steppingstone for Supreme Court nominees.

Biden’s $2.25 trillion proposal, the first of two packages, includes approximately $650 billion to rebuild the country’s physical infrastructure, $400 billion toward home care for the elderly and disabled, $300 billion for housing infrastructure, and $300 billion to boost U.S. manufacturing—plus major investments in the electric grid, high-speed broadband, and clean drinking water. 

Is this a massive issue in the US?  I'm all for it if it's needed, but this is not something I am aware of.  Are old people dying alone in their homes in squalor?

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Biden’s $2.25 trillion proposal, the first of two packages, includes approximately $650 billion to rebuild the country’s physical infrastructure, $400 billion toward home care for the elderly and disabled, $300 billion for housing infrastructure, and $300 billion to boost U.S. manufacturing—plus major investments in the electric grid, high-speed broadband, and clean drinking water. 

Is this a massive issue in the US?  I'm all for it if it's needed, but this is not something I am aware of.  Are old people dying alone in their homes in squalor?

It’s a version of Long Term Care (think nursing homes, assisted living centers, etc...) and this is the alternate version where a nurse or aide comes in to the persons house to take care of them.  Going into a facility is really expensive and bankrupts most people over time so yes it is an issue.  However, WTF is this doing in a infrastructure bill?  This should be part of a separate health care bill that addresses the problems of our healthcare system in the US.  This is why all these bills suck.  They bring in so many items that have nothing to do with the actual type of bill that is proposed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It’s a version of Long Term Care (think nursing homes, assisted living centers, etc...) and this is the alternate version where a nurse or aide comes in to the persons house to take care of them.  Going into a facility is really expensive and bankrupts most people over time so yes it is an issue.  However, WTF is this doing in a infrastructure bill?  This should be part of a separate health care bill that addresses the problems of our healthcare system in the US.  This is why all these bills suck.  They bring in so many items that have nothing to do with the actual type of bill that is proposed. 

Agree - and this bill is before it goes through all of the negotiations with Congress to get it passed. Just wait until what comes out the other side, it will be covered in even more "extras" that have nothing to do with infrastructure. I support an infrastructure bill as many of the roads/bridges/dams across the country are shit. Just don't stuff it full of shit that doesn't have anything to do with this.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Does the $650B for "physical infrastructure" include decaying transit systems (roads, bridges, etc.)?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/business/economy/biden-infrastructure-plan.html

$115b for roads and bridges
$85b for public transportation
$80b for Amtrak and freight rail
$42b for ports and airports

10,000 bridges would be repaired, along with the 10 most economically significant ones (cough Lake Charles Bridge cough

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/business/economy/biden-infrastructure-plan.html

$115b for roads and bridges
$85b for public transportation
$80b for Amtrak and freight rail
$42b for ports and airports

10,000 bridges would be repaired, along with the 10 most economically significant ones (cough Lake Charles Bridge cough

Yeah, but he killed Keystone XL, costing 11,000 (temporary) jobs.  Checkmate, libs.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

We have a lot of home healthcare places that do this and for a lot of the patients Medicare foots the bill already.  So what exactly would this money be going to then?

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

We have a lot of home healthcare places that do this and for a lot of the patients Medicare foots the bill already.  So what exactly would this money be going to then?

Just an example.  Many people need the services below and either pay for them out of their pocket or buy insurance policies that cover nursing home and/or home health care.

What Medicare Doesn’t Cover:

24-hour home care

Meals brought to your home

Home chores like cleaning, shopping, and laundry

Personal care (like bathing, dressing, or taking you to the bathroom) when it’s the only help you need

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Senior care is a huge issue.  The more than can be done to keep them in their homes the better.  I might be wrong here but I'm close but something like half of all nursing home bills are paid by Medicaid.  

Might not be "infrastructure" but glad it's being addressed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just an example.  Many people need the services below and either pay for them out of their pocket or buy insurance policies that cover nursing home and/or home health care.

What Medicare Doesn’t Cover:

24-hour home care

Meals brought to your home

Home chores like cleaning, shopping, and laundry

Personal care (like bathing, dressing, or taking you to the bathroom) when it’s the only help you need

Ah gotcha thanks for the clarification, I didn’t know that. 

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Senior care is a huge issue.  The more than can be done to keep them in their homes the better.  I might be wrong here but I'm close but something like half of all nursing home bills are paid by Medicaid.  

This is pretty much the case.  People spend down their money and then the state Medicaid program takes over.  Some people figure out ways to hide their money before "spending it down" although there are rules in place that make that harder to do.  You can't just give your life savings to your kid and then go to a nursing home and have the state pay.  It is a very big issue as the costs are crazy high for this kind of care whether at home or in a facility and most can't afford it for a long period of time/years.  You can buy insurance policies for this but those are incredibly costly also due to the fact that there is a good chance the customer will use it and they will ring up a pretty good bill.  The government should step in to figure out how to help solve this problem I just don't think it should be part of this infrastructure bill.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'll give you real world example.  My grandmother is 96 and lives with us.  She lived with my parents when she got to the point she couldn't live on her own, but they are in their 70s and my Mom is in bad health herself with my Dad basically being her full time care giver.  My Grandmothers money ran out a little while back and the $700 a month she gets in social security basically pays for one week a month of part time home health.  Fortunately she doesn't need full time care yet, but it's coming.  My family, cousins, siblings, etc is footing the bill for the other 3 weeks a month because we want to keep her here as long as possible instead of having to go into a home.  She's medicare-pending which means we've applied and are waiting for approval, but since she's destitute that's just a matter of time.  It would be nice if we could get a little help with home health.  We're lucky we can afford to do it ourselves, barely, but most can't.  Thus Grandma ends up in a shitty medicare nursing home and wastes away, basically alone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Healthcare infrastructure. 

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Gotta pay salaries for those death panels.

• Like 1