Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

31 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Actually now that you put it that way I’m on board. I’ll earn some nice coin when Pres DeSantis needs outside help going after BlueAnons online. I could blend in quite well as a CR poster. I know the lingo. 

Well when they're plotting the bombing of bridges to kidnap a sitting governor and erecting gallows on the capitol lawn to "hang mike pence", it's more than just lingo

47 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Actually now that you put it that way I’m on board. I’ll earn some nice coin when Pres DeSantis needs outside help going after BlueAnons online. I could blend in quite well as a CR poster. I know the lingo. 

Let us know and provide proof of “BlueAnons” (are you 7?) plotting to storm the capitol to overthrow the election results (hint: Biden shut down 2016 challenges in his capacity overseeing the counting) or plot to kidnap Abbott or to execute McConnell and McCarthy. 

Until then - it’s all your side. It’s why the DOJ has to do this shit. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

This got haha rep because that's some funny shit.

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Well when they're plotting the bombing of bridges to kidnap a sitting governor and erecting gallows on the capitol lawn to "hang mike pence", it's more than just lingo

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Let us know and provide proof of “BlueAnons” (are you 7?) plotting to storm the capitol to overthrow the election results (hint: Biden shut down 2016 challenges in his capacity overseeing the counting) or plot to kidnap Abbott or to execute McConnell and McCarthy. 

Until then - it’s all your side. It’s why the DOJ has to do this shit. 

If/when DeSantis beats Kamala for Pres I would expect a large amount of irrational thinking to take place here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, GRHorn said:

They’re trying to circumvent legal limits to their surveillance powers. I’m glad you’re expressing your support for it. 

That strikes me as a very hysterical article by CNN.  There's a lot of supposition and hypothesizing.

Edited by TwiceHorn

The lens they used was super weird, because it makes Jimmy and Rosalynn look like dolls. Haha. 

Should have had Bill in there and we'd have the last 3 Democrats to win Georgia. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The lens they used was super weird, because it makes Jimmy and Rosalynn look like dolls. Haha. 

Should have had Bill in there and we'd have the last 3 Democrats to win Georgia. 

Yeah... why would you take that picture? Reaching out to the little people and dollhouse enthusiast communities? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

Not helped by the chairs being a little deep and low to the ground.  Carter is actually not much shorter than Biden, but that lens, those chairs make it look weird.

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

They’re Democrats, so I assume they’re all vaccinated.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

No masks Joe?  Saving that line for reporters I guess. 

Was reading today actually that Biden was getting crap for wearing masks now that he is vaccinated because it's signaling that vaccines don't matter and it's stalled out the vaccine momentum and he's being criticized for not doing enough to market/sell the benefits of getting a vax.

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Was reading today actually that Biden was getting crap for wearing masks now that he is vaccinated because it's signaling that vaccines don't matter and it's stalled out the vaccine momentum and he's being criticized for not doing enough to market/sell the benefits of getting a vax.

Yes, there are many stupid people in this country.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Not sure if this the right place to post this since this thread appears to more devoted to feeding trolls than to discussing the Biden Presidency. But here goes. Biden is setting out to undo the malicious child abuse of Trump/Sessions/Miller. Seriously, no decent person supports Donald Trump (or Jeff Sessions or Stephen Miller). They can all get fucked.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-reunites-families-separated-trump-zero-tolerance-policy/

U.S. begins reuniting families separated under Trump's "zero tolerance" policy

For 18-year-old Bryan Chavez, Tuesday felt like a dream. It was the first time he'd seen his mother in nearly four years after they were separated at the U.S.-Mexico border by the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy in 2017. 

Chavez spent Tuesday anxiously waiting for his mother, Sandra, at the port of entry in San Ysidro, California, where they reunited. 

Seeking a safe haven from Mexican gangs, Bryan, who was 15 at the time, was placed in a refugee shelter while his mother was deported. Finally tonight, a family ripped apart is reunited and mother and son hold each other tight.

"There's clearly no words to describe the happiness that I'm feeling right now. I'm really grateful with all the people that did this amazing work to allow my mom to come back," Bryan told CBS News.

More than 5,500 families were separated under the Trump administration and more than 1,000 children have still not been reunited with their parents. In February, President Biden created a task force to reunite them.

"I think when we saw babies being ripped out of their mom's arms at the border, when we saw children crying in cages, when we saw that level of cruelty, we really needed to move quickly to a moment like this," said Lindsay Toczylowski, the executive director of the Immigrant Defenders Law Center.

Chavez's family is the first of four celebrating reunions this week. Bryan graduated from high school two years ago and his experience affected him so deeply that he is now working with an organization helping refugee children who are going through a similar crisis. "We're going to try to recover and spend the most time that we can together," he said.

Bryan is a permanent U.S. resident. His mother, Sandra, may still have to make her case for asylum. When her grandson saw her, he ran up and asked, "Grandma, will you stay here forever?"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I see you’ve been in the DT Covid thread.

I see you’ve been in the DT Covid thread.

McConnell said today their mission is to stop Biden’s agenda at all costs

Psaki responded (paraphrase) that their mission is to help the American people as much as possible. 

Unlike last time, Bitch McConnell doesn't have a big scary program to rail against (Obamacare). It's a little more difficult to rail against infrastructure and Covid relief. But he'll get it the old college try. 

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Shades of 2009

It helped Obama himself, seemingly. (Easy re-election).

Obviously in 2010, McConnell had the following helping him, which is not the case for him in 2022:

A demographic (WWC) not fully switched to the GOP yet — in fact, GOP still has room to drop in the suburbs and not many places left to make rural WWC gains 

Obamacare — ARP and infrastructure are extremely popular 

Lots of Dem senators and reps in McCain states/districts — no Dem senators in Trump states and GOP has 2 seats in Biden states, plus purple NC. Less than ten R reps in Biden districts and less than ten D reps in Trump districts 

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

@GRHorn I'm going to dinner at Bob's tomorrow and expensing it to the surly business account simply to re-take the picture that is your avatar, and I'm going to replace it with one that actually looks appetizing instead of a turd on a plate.

Yeah show them the pic and ask them for that particular meal. Then post their horrific reaction to such insane bullshit. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Unlike last time, Bitch McConnell doesn't have a big scary program to rail against (Obamacare). It's a little more difficult to rail against infrastructure and Covid relief. But he'll get it the old college try. 

Me thinks Turtle is trying to provide cover to Republicans that Trump and Sons are looking at primarying.

Stocks hit another record high today. So you know what that means. And I say this not as a big burly man straight out of casting but still for the first time with tears in my eyes. 

Thank you Joe, Mister President, Sir, for creating the greatest economy the world has ever seen! 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Stocks hit another record high today. So you know what that means. And I say this not as a big burly man straight out of casting but still for the first time with tears in my eyes. 

Thank you Joe, Mister President, Sir, for creating the greatest economy the world has ever seen! 

I have a huge bleeding erection and I am crying hysterically. Thank you Mr. President!  What a guy!

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Js1 said:

McConnell said today their mission is to stop Biden’s agenda at all costs

Psaki responded (paraphrase) that their mission is to help the American people as much as possible. 

McConnell "Our mission is to stop Biden's agenda at all costs."

Manchin:  "We can't touch the filibuster.  We need to find a way to work in a bipartisan manner with the minority."

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Manchin's only concern is staying in office. To do that, he will push as far over to the right as possible because he knows how easy it will be for the right to put up a Trumpie light to beat him in the next election cycle. 

On 5/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, GRHorn said:

If/when DeSantis beats Kamala for Pres I would expect a large amount of irrational thinking to take place here.

the GOP would really go for Ivy League coastal elite?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

McConnell "Our mission is to stop Biden's agenda at all costs."

Manchin:  "We can't touch the filibuster.  We need to find a way to work in a bipartisan manner with the minority."

Wasn’t this the same mission for McConnell under Obama?  I find it funny that McConnell flat out is an obstructionist yet you can’t call him and the Republican Party out on it since it doesn’t seem to stick.  They literally do nothing and have zero ideas other than let’s give more money to the Uber rich and corporations and then they will pass that money down to everybody else and all will be great.  The social issues they support are just for votes. They don’t give a shit about abortion, gay rights, etc...  Just gets them the votes from their base.  If you guaranteed Ted Cruz he would win every election going forward if he became Pro Choice he would be marching in the streets with a Pro Choice sign in a minute.  Sadly, Biden will get nothing done because of this and the Republicans will win the House and Senate back campaigning that the Dems don’t do anything and let us have another shot.