Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

A couple interesting lines in there. 

Measures imposed under the Obama administration, such as fitting migrants with ankle monitors to ensure that they attend court hearings later, are only sparingly used.

and

“What we’re hearing back home is that the new president is facilitating entry, and there is demand for labor,” said Rodrigo Neto, who came from Brazil, where the pandemic killed his business and left him overwhelmed by debt.

Edited by GRHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

36 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well, if Rodrigo Neto says Biden is facilitating entry then it has to be true.

Right? Despite Biden saying over and over that the border is closed. 

The liberal MSM doesn’t cover his winks and having his fingers crossed behind his back. 

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

How does one relate to the other? 

They don't. One is a natural gas pipeline that is the main supply for Germany's nat gas. The other would be moving Alberta oil sands crude (worst environmental impact of any oil exploration) from Canada to tie into the existing Keystone line. Keystone phase 1, 2 and 3 are in operations and moving oil as we speak. Keystone 4 wasn't ever coming close to Oklahoma, so not sure what Oklahoma jobs it would have possibly provided. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

They don't. One is a natural gas pipeline that is the main supply for Germany's nat gas. The other would be moving Alberta oil sands crude (worst environmental impact of any oil exploration) from Canada to tie into the existing Keystone line. Keystone phase 1, 2 and 3 are in operations and moving oil as we speak. Keystone 4 wasn't ever coming close to Oklahoma, so not sure what Oklahoma jobs it would have possibly provided. 

It was a rhetorical question because  Grhorn was spreading that around as some gotcha. Appreciate the response. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

How does one relate to the other? 

Biden’s domestic energy policy hurts us, while his foreign energy policy helps our enemies. Specifically the one that this whole board had a coordinated freak out about for 4 years. You’re right. Nothing to see here. 

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Biden’s domestic energy policy hurts us, while his foreign energy policy helps our enemies. Specifically the one that this whole board had a coordinated freak out about for 4 years. You’re right. Nothing to see here. 

I don't agree with helping Russia in any way until they have leadership change and I'd be very interested to see what other parts of the deal are not public (eg: German help in some way). However, decisions for a pipeline here are different than decisions for a pipeline in some other country. Tying them together to make this out like some grand hypocrisy is the joke here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I don't agree with helping Russia in any way until they have leadership change and I'd be very interested to see what other parts of the deal are not public (eg: German help in some way). However, decisions for a pipeline here are different than decisions for a pipeline in some other country. Tying them together to make this out like some grand hypocrisy is the joke here. 

And the environmental impact is what?

26 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

And the environmental impact is what?

To what? The German pipeline? Dont know. Personally, I wish globally that we would scrap all plans to expand infrastructure around non-renewables in favor of renewables. That wasn't GR's concerns with the tweet and a wholly different discussion though. I'm not defending this decision by the Biden administration, just pointing out the absurdity of it being some gotcha or both sides moment. Germany has autonomy to make decisions that are best for them, has done more to combat climate change than our country, and didn't back out of the Paris Climate Agreement like the previous American administration. 

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Well, if Eric Trump thinks Biden is lazy then it must be true.  What a choad.

Eric Trump slams Biden and Harris, says they are 'lazy' and 'lack motivation' (msn.com)

It's been said thousands and thousands of times but, JFC, every single fucking accusation they make is a goddamned confession.  It's truly amazeballs. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why the fuck does the twice impeached former president's charity stealing disgraced child think we give a shit about his opinion on the current administration?

Because the media needs something to gin up the outrage machine since Biden is providing very little. 

Edited by mdmost

19 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Joe ripping around the Ford test track in a disguised Lightning was awesome.

I wouldn't have minded sitting in the back seat with my mouth shut just to get that pedal to the floor experience. He put the pedal down.

Seriously, I was seeing a base price of $40,000-42,000. Considering what one of my neighbors paid for a truck lately, that seems like a lot less. I think neighbor had a lot of bells and whistles because they have to tow a horse trailer, but isn't that below what most non-electrics start for base?

I wouldn't have minded sitting in the back seat with my mouth shut just to get that pedal to the floor experience. He put the pedal down.
Seriously, I was seeing a base price of $40,000-42,000. Considering what one of my neighbors paid for a truck lately, that seems like a lot less. I think neighbor had a lot of bells and whistles because they have to tow a horse trailer, but isn't that below what most non-electrics start for base?
It's only $2500 more than a base F150 crew. Factor in that Ford hasn't burned thru the $7500 ev tax credit yet and it's $5000 less.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Giving a quick shout out--today President Biden will be awarding the Medal of Honor to Army Colonel Ralph Puckett.  The highest military decoration given for valor. Puckett is being decorated for actions taken during the Korean War.

The colonel is a Georgia native and I am relieved that he does not live in you-know-who's Congressional District.

In late afternoon, the President will have a press conference with H.E. Moon Jae-in, President of the Republic of Korea.

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Corporate America doesn’t want to raise wages because it cuts into profits. That’s why there is a worker shortage. Which is why we get articles and reports like that one. It’s that simple. 

Just raise wages! 

You have Fortune 500 CEO written all over you. Brilliant!