Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

I’ll give it a listen later, but color me skeptical. One of his two quotes in the intro is straight up wrong. Maybe he’s just delusional. 

“If, essentially, six weeks of shouting from the window that the sky is falling is enough to alter Fed policy, you don’t have Fed policy.”

Umm

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/fed-chief-powell-just-walked-back-his-autopilot-remark-and-the-financial-markets-love-it.html

• Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

has anyone given an estimate of how much each shot costs? Even at $5 a pop that's a $2.5B donation. Guessing it's more than that, though

It's worth it if it can slow the spread elsewhere, for national security reasons, and because we can't do shit to stop variations from showing up here.

3 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Are you saying that you are unwilling to entertain or keep as a possibility that some of the political policy (e.g. stimulus, minimum wage, etc.) is not at least contributing to an inflationary phenomenon above and beyond a transitory, re-opening short term spike that will level off?

3 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You said it; as a layman. When economists and leaders are published and quoted as saying "hey, we should keep an eye on this because it looks like it could potentially be a bigger deal, however unlikely" I think it's fair and apolitical to take note and even start thinking and having discussions about it. 

But economist aren't saying "because of stimulus and minimum wage."  DonkeyCigars is the only one saying that and it's why this is neither a fair nor an apolitical point.

You asked if you're creating an original opinion and claimed to just be quoting the NYT.  But the article you reference (the exact quote you posted!) says, "Short-lived bursts of inflation that are tied to ... stimulus-check spending wouldn’t do lasting damage to the economy". So again, you're not honestly evaluating all opinions offered by experts, you're manufacturing your own BS political crisis.

And it's fine to float your own hypothesis here.  But if your premise is that temporary stimulus and temporary minimum wage increases are going to cause a long-term inflationary trend, you should show your work.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

has anyone given an estimate of how much each shot costs? Even at $5 a pop that's a $2.5B donation. Guessing it's more than that, though

Depends on the vaccine but in general much more expensive than that. But still, ROI and simple ethics make it a no brainier.

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Depends on the vaccine but in general much more expensive than that. But still, ROI and simple ethics make it a no brainier.

yeah, that wasn't really the point of my question. it was more general curiosity than anything. but agreed, it's not just a token of goodwill, but something that is a sound investment

17 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

Follow. The. Money. Seriously, everyone hates money in politics but people mistakenly think they have no means to stop it. 

Call out Manchin's ties to the Koch network. Call out Sinema's meeting with big donors where she gloated about killing $15 minimum wage.

You might find it hypocritical for Biden to call out money in politics, but I think the fact that he just raised a record BILLION DOLLARS gives him the biggest megaphone in which to do it. "Look. I raised more money than everyone else. I've been raising money for 40 years and let me tell you, folks. It can be a good thing or a bad thing. I want to get bridges built. These other guys are paid to make sure that won't happen."

As far as the rest of us go, boycotts and protest are both great ideas. There should be billboards in downtown Phoenix ripping Sinema. Investigate the Manchin family's multiple conflicts of interest. You find corporate donors and organize boycotts against those donors. Even if it is a small fraction who participate, it's the negative publicity that does the most damage.

Some of us forget the spine that Democrats suddenly grew in early 2017 once they found out what the base thought of their initial efforts to work with Trump. It's easy to forget because it didn't last long.

Exactly, call those fuckers out and it works. Look how crooked Hillary stuck and dementia Biden etc. calling someone out works as our dumb ppl love a good reality show in politics. The Rs embrace it and their fans love it. Ppl gravitate towards a leader who appears though/hard and dems are seeing as pussies. This is a show and you need to get ahead to be seen. 

They Dems are always playing defense when Rs make up shit, go after them, play offense. It lets the Rs control the narrative. They are playing the long game, going after Harris now so they weaken her if she wants to run in the future.

they need to have coordinated attack daily to call them out, same taking points, on repeat 

Stolen from another thread, when you call our the Rs, repeat this shit daily and see how they run like roaches 

Why haven’t the Ds been preaching how no Rs voted the COVID relieve bill daily.

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, elfenix said:

Completely agree.  It will be Spring/Summer 2022 before we know, and it might be later than that.  The reason is Global Pandemic and continued lockdowns/partial shutdowns through end of May/Mid June 2021 in some parts of the US and in Europe.  Then there is the whole situation going on with the Delta variant.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Also, just want to give an atta boy to Joe Biden for the 500M doses of Pfizer he is sending to the rest of the world.  So nice having a President who is ready to make sure the US is still the leader of the free world.

Yes, a much more direct and effective way of accomplishing the same goal as that "waive patents" nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Kinda spilled over from Trump thread but maybe he did it as a favor to Germany 

He's also concerned (as is Merkel) of the rising RW groups. Remember last August the AfD attacked the Reichstag in a protest. Merkel is stepping down this year, and it is during transitions that democracies are vulnerable (hmmm, you think?). So there is some 'there' there.

Also, if this is true, I hope he's reading some other good books along those same lines:

I don't agree with all of her point partially because the President is one man and the Congressional Democrats--some of them seem out of touch and not interested in much of any goal (beyond staying in office) and thus everything is obstructed, but we'll see I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/10/2021 at 2:21 PM, GRHorn said:

I’ll give it a listen later, but color me skeptical. One of his two quotes in the intro is straight up wrong. Maybe he’s just delusional. 

“If, essentially, six weeks of shouting from the window that the sky is falling is enough to alter Fed policy, you don’t have Fed policy.”

Umm

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/fed-chief-powell-just-walked-back-his-autopilot-remark-and-the-financial-markets-love-it.html

NEEDS MORE BITCOIN. 

Hey GRU, Newsflash. I'm starting my own crytocurrency.  I'm calling it Bullneck's MagmaCoin.  It's generated by steam heat and volcanoes and lots of computers.  Care to buy some?  It's 100% trustworthy.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't even imagine how much the rest of the world is ecstatic that they don't have to do anything with Donald fucking Trump anymore.

Can you imagine how that made them feel about our country? We knowingly sent a fat, corrupt, failed-businessman as our national representative.

4 hours ago, Bookman said:

Can you imagine how that made them feel about our country? We knowingly sent a fat, corrupt, failed-businessman as our national representative.

Sadly, as we learned, for a big chunk of our population, he's the perfect representative.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:51 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Your last picture is very apt because she is likely one of the smartest people standing there. I expect she gets that expression a lot whenever she is around PM Johnson.

She is the smartest person in that picture. I would imagine her thoughts about Prime Minister Johnson are mostly feeling bad for the UK having him as their leader. That's just about the same thoughts she had about Trump. 

14 hours ago, Bookman said:

It’s completely embarrassing and shows that millions of Americans are emotionally retarded morons. The Republican created this monster in their greed for power and money and now they can’t control it any more. Fuck them and their supporters like GRUHorn. 

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s completely embarrassing and shows that millions of Americans are emotionally retarded morons. 

Jimmy you're a good poster that I enjoy reading and conversing with on here and not just because of political viewpoints that you make. I would ask that you please refrain from using the R word. It's a word that needs to be taken out of our lexicon completely. I have mentioned this before but I have a friend and her nephew is autistic and the r word is something that sets her off and rightfully so. You have a pretty colorful language and I am sure you can think of about a 100 other words to describe what you think of the death cult without using that one in particular.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Well that does it. Here I am smack dab in the middle of Texas and half the time I call one of my children by another's name and apparently that disqualifies me to be President of the United States. You don't know how broken hearted that makes me.

Yeah, but the evil lib cabal made fun of Trump's many....many.....many....many gaffs, so fair game now. 

Yes GR, fair game.