Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

51 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

And when the US Dollar falls from its international status, we can wrap ourselves up in the warm blanket of monetary sovereignty while we gas up the bombers. 

Hence, the nation's foes are those who threaten the USD as the world's dominant reserve currency. 

Crytpo and China seek to unseat the USD. Some in this nation will buy the rope to ensure the USD's demise.

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I appreciate the honesty. 

Other posters don't seem to be able to muster it. 

Regression, efforts to maintain the status quo, and progression all create negative consequences. The trick is finding the one that causes the least damage and the greatest benefits to our economy.

This bullshit reminds me, what happened to sushihorn?

Probably working on a write up to explain why Tom Herman is an offensive wizard we failed to appreciate and the likes of which we’ll never see at Texas again
  • Rage+1 1

From my Understanding, there will be 2 infrastructure plans drawn up

1 bipartisan one
1 by Bernie 
In the end we will get a Republican plan.
These pussy Democrats letting the Rs get an easy win and go on a circuit of how they are helping the American people, will claim party or working class. The Ds are giving a really easy victory to them when they should be ramming this shit

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

biden giving a speech on the importance of voting. finally calling out TFG's bullshit

Voting rights legislation is dead. Joe Biden never put the full weight of the White House behind ending the filibuster. If Democrats lose one or both houses of Congress, Joe Biden will bear some of the blame for that.

25 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Has Lord Emperor Manchin approved it?

Sounds like Mark Warner is on board - so I assume Manchin is as well (I hope). 

Bernie started high (6T) and it ended at 3.5T so I’d say yes, this didn’t get decided without approval from Manchin and Sinema.  Plus you don’t announce it if 50 aren’t in agreement on this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:58 PM, washparkhorn said:

Hence, the nation's foes are those who threaten the USD as the world's dominant reserve currency. 

Crytpo and China seek to unseat the USD. Some in this nation will buy the rope to ensure the USD's demise.

• Fuck You 1

On 7/11/2021 at 11:04 AM, Anastasis said:

This paradigm will result in spilled blood.  You guys know this. Couch it in economic theory and handwaving if that makes you feel better, but that is where we end up. 

no doubt. sad! 

all the talk of logic this and that is so out of tune with that is needed, but thats people. i found that just accepting that we are who we are helps, top to bottom, good and bad. 

you homies be cool now. i gotta no nuke friday around the corner. probably in lockdown again but thats just what it is. hope the nukes are in lockdown too

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Do you think Facebook is NOT a private company? That sure seems to be the inference from your question but would love to confirm.

Sure, it's a public company. But I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he's trying to say that "Public Company," particularly when the company literally has a hand in shaping the daily lives of probably 70% of Americans, shouldn't be able to operate without transparency or impunity. 

Im all for free enterprise, and I prefer the government stay out of business save for the very obvious stuff, but at this point, Facebook and their ilk go out of their way to NOT be  transparent and are fundamentally damaging lives and our nation with their behavior. I'm all for regulating those motherfuckers at this point at some level. If we don't let plants pour waste into our drinking water, then we shouldn't let a company pour poison into the brains of our citizens, and then hide behind "public company." 

And if that wasn't what he was trying to say, it's sure as fuck what I'm trying to say. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Do you think Facebook is NOT a private company? That sure seems to be the inference from your question but would love to confirm.

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sure, it's a public company. But I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he's trying to say that "Public Company," particularly when the company literally has a hand in shaping the daily lives of probably 70% of Americans, shouldn't be able to operate without transparency or impunity. 

Im all for free enterprise, and I prefer the government stay out of business save for the very obvious stuff, but at this point, Facebook and their ilk go out of their way to NOT be  transparent and are fundamentally damaging lives and our nation with their behavior. I'm all for regulating those motherfuckers at this point at some level. If we don't let plants pour waste into our drinking water, then we shouldn't let a company pour poison into the brains of our citizens, and then hide behind "public company." 

And if that wasn't what he was trying to say, it's sure as fuck what I'm trying to say. 

My point was less about vaccine disinformation and more about general censorship, again not vaccine related, by these platforms. Then people scream they’re a private company!! That line is wayyyyyy blurred now. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

My point was less about vaccine disinformation and more about general censorship, again not vaccine related, by these platforms. Then people scream they’re a private company!! That line is wayyyyyy blurred now. 

Is it? Does the US govt own part of Facebook? Seems pretty clear they are private. 

But hey if you’d like more regulation in the social media space I’m all for it. Should certainly help get rid of trolls who do nothing but post disinformation. You know like the former president.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Is it? Does the US govt own part of Facebook? Seems pretty clear they are private. 

But hey if you’d like more regulation in the social media space I’m all for it. Should certainly help get rid of trolls who do nothing but post disinformation. You know like the former president.

and the person you're quoting, to a lesser extent

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

This is good to hear. Can we dispense with the whole “TheYRe PrIvaTe ComPanieS” stuff?

I mean, this is specific to C-19 bullshit, not broader speech.  It's a public health issue and there shouldn't be a First Amendment right to lie about a public health issue.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, this is specific to C-19 bullshit, not broader speech.  It's a public health issue and there shouldn't be a First Amendment right to lie about a public health issue.

He knows it’s specifically about Covid but that doesn’t help him spread misinformation about fake first amendment issues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It'd not even censorship. The government is not forcing Facebook to take anything down. They are flagging shit as disinformation, which is not unique to any government task force. You can do this right now:

image.png.f74910276a2a4a135b01791568d90c01.png

So how is this blurring the line?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

you might want to read this thread:

• Like 1

Public Health Cigarette smoking Act of 1971. *Last commercial aired was for Virginia Slims. GRHorn will recognize their slogan: you've come along way baby.

Some other trivia from back then. Nixon was president, but the Democratic Party controlled the House and Senate. Passed quite a bit of legislation that were in the public's interest, including:

1. Federal election Campaign Act

2. Equal Employment Opportunity Act

3. Title IX Amendment of the Higher Education Act

4. Marine Mammal Protection Act

5. Consumer Product Safety Act

6. Noise Control Act

*Juul is somehow able to have a workaround for this I believe.