Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

Just now, DonkeyCigars said:

It's very strange how he's so think-skinned and impulsively reacts and then almost immediately realizes he shouldn't and reframes it as a joke or a nothing-burger. It's an amazing skill.

This criticism is steeped in bad faith bullshit. I mean, honestly, who cares?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

It's very strange how he's so think-skinned and impulsively reacts and then almost immediately realizes he shouldn't and reframes it as a joke or a nothing-burger. It's an amazing skill.

Did you hit your head or something? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This criticism is steeped in bad faith bullshit. I mean, honestly, who cares?

Just an observation from this year; not a criticism or even a comment isolated to this one clip. Just interesting to see his unique personality and draw some inferences over time.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Did you hit your head or something? 

sorry! i typo'd "think" for "thin" and it was quoted before I could edit so, yes, clearly it was impossible to understand intent there and obviously I must have damaged the part of the brain that regulates communication!

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The typo isn't the main problem with your post.

Apologies to all; I have heard the feedback and now understand I made an error in communicating and I was unclear. That was not my intention and not my character. I'm listening and learning and commit to you all and my employer that I will do better and will be looking into better communication training because this is not who I am. Again, I'm sorry to you all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

lol. these lame 'gotcha' attempts do nothing but continue to highlight just how much of an abject turd of a human being his predecessor was. normal human behavior pales in comparison. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I'm so sorry. I'm listening to the community and can--and will-- be better. I'll take some time away form social media to reflect for you.

Start by finding a new bit that doesn't make my eyes roll to the back of my head 6 words into every post.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Start by finding a new bit that doesn't make my eyes roll to the back of my head 6 words into every post.

Listening to your feedback-- and understanding intention versus impact on marginalized people of society and underrepresented minority groups-- like aggies on longhorn messageboards-- is absolutely something I'm committed to. I will be doing some introspection as you suggest. Amen.

• Fuck You 6

You assholes quoting DonkeyCigars are totally undermining the ignore I have on him. 

At least Swam believed in his bullshit.  Donkey's posts reek of insincerity and have the tone of a TexAgs tourist riling up the Cloak Room for screenshots and their own amusement. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Wait…there are people trying to lay criticism on someone saying “it’s ok, don’t worry about it” to a parent whose baby starts to cry unexpectedly?  Lemme guess, it’s the “boy or girl, whichever” part.  

Any parent has been in that mortified moment when your baby starts crying out of the blue, particularly in crowds when everyone stops to stare and you’re hearing in your head a dozen people thinking ‘shut that damn thing up’.  And unless the damn thing was naked, it’s impossible to tell boy/girl…I take that as trying not to offend in case he got it wrong, not as ‘oh I shouldn’t have said that’ CYA moment.  

Call me when he makes fun of a disabled person on live tv.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Apologies to all; I have heard the feedback and now understand I made an error in communicating and I was unclear. That was not my intention and not my character. I'm listening and learning and commit to you all and my employer that I will do better and will be looking into better communication training because this is not who I am. Again, I'm sorry to you all.
You might consider fucking off.
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 7/15/2021 at 12:52 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, this is specific to C-19 bullshit, not broader speech.  It's a public health issue and there shouldn't be a First Amendment right to lie about a public health issue.

Science changes, does that mean that everyone who was right beforehand have their posts brought back? What if it could save more lives. Hell, the mask stance by Fauci is probably the most famous change. I don't like the government saying things should be censored, if it was just Facebook, fine, but not the government.

11 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Science changes, does that mean that everyone who was right beforehand have their posts brought back? What if it could save more lives. Hell, the mask stance by Fauci is probably the most famous change. I don't like the government saying things should be censored, if it was just Facebook, fine, but not the government.

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Good thing the government never provides misinformation. 

You two are the reason we can't have nice things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Good thing the government never provides misinformation. 

At least they aren’t actively trying to kill people with the misinformation they post like you are constantly doing here and no doubt elsewhere. 

How many people did you help kill today? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, workswithseed said:

The government isn’t very censoring anything.

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean are they really 'spying' or are they just looking at shit people post on public forums and reporting it to fb, Twitter, etc., as false info, which it is, just like i or anybody on here could do?

you forget, these "critics" are not speaking from a place of honesty. it's the 13-year-old bully way of looking at the world. it's fucking maddening

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean are they really 'spying' or are they just looking at shit people post on public forums and reporting it to fb, Twitter, etc., as false info, which it is, just like i or anybody on here could do?

Now, what if Cuomo was just take down info about putting sick patients into old folks homes, that be considered covid misinfo? What if Joe heard that hydroxychloroquine could help prevent the disease, and that possibly couldn't be misinformation. I don't like this power grab by the government saying what's wrong and what's not. What makes this the only time? Why couldn't they do this on any other time there is a state of emergency? 

It kinda reminds me of this.

17 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Just now, workswithseed said:

Now, what if Cuomo was just take down info about putting sick patients into old folks homes, that be considered covid misinfo? What if Joe heard that hydroxychloroquine could help prevent the disease, and that possibly couldn't be misinformation. I don't like this power grab by the government saying what's wrong and what's not. What makes this the only time? Why couldn't they do this on any other time there is a state of emergency? 

It kinda reminds me of this.

What power grab? They have no more power here than anyone else in the world. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

What power grab? They have no more power here than anyone else in the world. 

right...The Government isn't taking down anything. people are reporting shit to social media platforms (private companies) who are making their own policies. 

how is it that much different than an online fatwa against known racist Daniel Figurelli organized by shagsters that hate known racist Daniel Figurelli? 🤔

in the hypothetical Cuomo counter-example, anybody could report those posts as well and Twitter might or might not remove them. and if the market gets pissed enough either way, Twitter et. al. will suffer. 

i thought that was how it was supposed to work 🤨

Just now, mchookem said:

right...The Government isn't taking down anything. people are reporting shit to social media platforms (private companies) who are making their own policies. 

how is it that much different than an online fatwa against known racist Daniel Figurelli organized by shagsters that hate known racist Daniel Figurelli? 🤔

in the hypothetical Cuomo counter-example, anybody could report those posts as well and Twitter might or might not remove them. and if the market gets pissed enough either way, Twitter et. al. will suffer. 

i thought that was how it was supposed to work 🤨

It’s not even a fatwah. It’s just basic flagging of posts. 

Just now, workswithseed said:

No, just telling companies that things that are "misinformation," whatever that means in this case, should be blocked. Not even in one forum, but all. Seems power grabby to me. 

You literally think the US govt shouldn’t be able to say “that’s untrue”? They are making any decisions on what is being removed. These private companies evaluate the claims the same way they would for any other users claim. They aren’t grabbing any power of any kind. They have the exact same power as you or I in this case. I can flag the same things as misinformation. Seriously how hard is this for y’all to understand?

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

No, just telling companies that things that are "misinformation," whatever that means in this case, should be blocked. Not even in one forum, but all. Seems power grabby to me. 

I thought guys like you got off on authoritarian leadership?

It's a fine line, but as someone who is familiar with some of the things Mercola has proclaimed in the past, having these posts flagged across platforms in the interest of public health only has people's jimmies ruffled because the pandemic has been politicized to such an extent. You cannot assert in your product literature that if GRHorn buys your  male enhancement product made up of oleander and nightshade he will grow three inches. The FTC (I think) along with the FDA try and keep tabs on fraud in that regard, so this type of misinformation would, IMO, fall into that category but due to the platform it is more difficult perhaps. The FTC recently won a case against a dietary supplement marketer for making phony health claims. But as far as I know, it isn't something where they necessarily involve the medium that bought the infomercial/air time.

Unfortunately, social media has advanced more quickly than the regs and laws can seem to keep up with malicious actors.