Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

25 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Ya know, you're absolutely right. There's nothing that WE can do. But there's plenty that you and those like you can do. The reason why these people don't want the shot is because they've consumed a mountain of disinformation, and are too committed now to give the left the "satisfaction" of getting vaccinated.

But I'm going to tell you the same thing that I told Incredulity: find someone in your life that may fit that description, and try to persuade them. We've all tried with those around us; my scientist wife has tried with some of the wing nuts in her family, but she's just a "brainwashed liberal." There's literally nothing that Biden or Fauci can say to persuade them (hence the mandates). But you're closer in ideology to them. They may listen. It's not too late. Please try. Maybe you can keep one person out of the hospital.

And, just like Incredulity, you're going to completely ignore this plea to help. Because god forbid you take a little personnel responsibility and accountability for where we are.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Deaths are also up by 2X the amount from last year. Worthless metric? That’s despite having a 3 vaccine rollout, better treatments and more people naturally infected

I don't know where you get your numbers, and I don't know what you mean by "last year", but under your boy Donnie we were 2/3 of the way to the current death toll, and it is wholly the fault of the "vaccine resistant" that things are as bad as they are.  Biden successfully pushed for a much higher early vaccine rollout than anyone thought was realistic.  (Of course, Donnie should take credit for at least 3 weeks of dead Americans post 1/20, but I'm letting that slide.)

What the fuck exactly are you trying to say?  I mean, I know you have no interest in arguing in good faith, but it's literally as if you wake up stupid and then slam your head into the wall for an hour just to cement your lunacy for the day.

image.png.bf8611d594eef1663bb6e70777aeb0ad.png

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know what you mean by "last year",

it's the latest dumb conservative meme going around comparing the first part of september last year (a trough in corona deaths as we'd come down from the summer peak b/c most places finally took masking seriously, remember greg abbott's OH YOU FOUND MY LOOPHOLE TEEHEE!, and we had no in person anything) to the first part of september this year where people have generally been free to do whatever the fuck they want for the last two-three months with delta running rampant. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

Thank goodness Joe Biden is focusing on important things like vaccine mandates for optics and pork filled jobs programs that won't even be able to find labor and not silly shit like wealth inequality, corruption, prosecuting insurrection or healthcare. I guess we all just prayed for a rewind to the corporatist good ol days of 1910-2016 but it's unbelievable how Democrats just refuse to grasp why they keep losing despite everyone supporting their policies. Christ. Nobody will be to blame for Trump 24-28 except the geriatrics in charge of the DNC.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Nobody likes being told what to do. It doesn’t work when you start doubling and tripling down the stupidity when you do start telling them. You all know this.

You’re wrong. Plenty of people have no problem being told what to do when it comes to public health. Selfish assholes don’t like being told what to do when it comes to public health, because it would require some empathy and thinking about someone other than themselves. 

Try again, selfish asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don't know where you get your numbers, and I don't know what you mean by "last year", but under your boy Donnie we were 2/3 of the way to the current death toll, and it is wholly the fault of the "vaccine resistant" that things are as bad as they are.  Biden successfully pushed for a much higher early vaccine rollout than anyone thought was realistic.  (Of course, Donnie should take credit for at least 3 weeks of dead Americans post 1/20, but I'm letting that slide.)
What the fuck exactly are you trying to say?  I mean, I know you have no interest in arguing in good faith, but it's literally as if you wake up stupid and then slam your head into the wall for an hour just to cement your lunacy for the day.
image.png.bf8611d594eef1663bb6e70777aeb0ad.png

I got my numbers the same place you did. I took the current death count and subtracted the number from January 20th.

With 3 vaccines in his back pocket,Biden has close to 250K deaths under his watch. Trump had 250K deaths between March-November. Roughly the same amount of time with no vaccines. So what are you exactly praising Biden for? Every time he comes up with some cool mandate, it makes things worse. And like I said, the second you start fucking with peoples incomes, the shit hits the fan. Should’ve left it at “here is a free vaccine..you know the risks to covid.. we strongly recommend you get it, and especially those who are most vulnerable.”

These stupid mandates aren’t going to help. Companies will lose very fine employees. Unvaccinated will stay unvaccinated but become desperate as they look for a job with a company that has 99 or less people-because covid is much deadlier when you have over 100 people.

Fuck it. If Biden had any balls, he doesn’t, he’d mandate you get the vaccine to receive welfare checks
  • Fuck You 5

Here come the socks with dumbass takes.

Sarcasm meter is off. I’m ready to let hospitals turn away unvaccinated people because they basically have a death sentence now and are taking up beds. Most of those folks are GQP. I’ve lost almost all compassion / care for folks they put themselves in this position.

Biden is doing the right thing. He’s just fucking up getting rid of a giant voter block….
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Should’ve left it at “here is a free vaccine..you know the risks to covid.. we strongly recommend you get it, and especially those who are most vulnerable.”

These stupid mandates aren’t going to help. Companies will lose very fine employees. Unvaccinated will stay unvaccinated but become desperate as they look for a job with a company that has 99 or less people-because covid is much deadlier when you have over 100 people.

Fuck it. If Biden had any balls, he doesn’t, he’d mandate you get the vaccine to receive welfare checks

Here is the part where you are stubbornly not acknowledging, what health professionals are saying, the hospital systems are over run by the unvaccinated that "know the risks". It is putting so many others at risk because they can't get procedures and surgeries that they need due to the over whelmed system. A 40 year old cancer patient who needs a procedure to help in her care can't get that and must suffer the consequences because the PEOPLE THAT KNOW THE RISKS are flooding our healthcare system. Why should we continue to be patient with people that think it is okay to put others at risk like this? And I argue that they actually don't really know the risks because they are believing facebook people and news sources that down play it.

He is mandating what he can legally. If mandating vaccines for welfare checks is something that is constitutionally legal then I am cool with that because that sure would cause people to move quicker towards getting vaxxed. I don't know legally what he can do but we are here, man. We are having to move from the carrot to the stick in order to get more of our population vaxxed.

And if you are saying we should be afraid of what these anti-vaxx people will do, then fuck that. Just as we don't negotiate with terrorists, we shouldn't negotiate with the stupidly stubborn. You got vaxxed so tell me why you empathize so much with the stupidly stubborn? If you get in a terrible car accident today, what kind of quality of care will you be able to get due to these people? Huh? Should your child have to deal with no father the way that the children of the 40 year old cancer patient now have to deal with not having a mother due to the quality of her care? 

I couldn't find the story of the cancer patient that I was mentioning but here is another sad tale of one who died in discomfort and maybe pain because they couldn't perform a procedure and discharged her. 

COVID surge cost wife with cancer a bed, NC man says | Charlotte Observer

Edited by burntorangebongos
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

With 3 vaccines in his back pocket,Biden has close to 250K deaths under his watch. Trump had 250K deaths between March-November. Roughly the same amount of time with no vaccines. So what are you exactly praising Biden for? 

I'm not praising Biden for anything other than getting shots in arms faster than most thought possible.

Here's a little thought experiment:  how many Americans do you imagine would have died year-to-date had there been no vaccines available?  When Trump left office, some 4,400 of your fellow citizens were dying each day.  That number rapidly started to wane as more people got vaccinated, down some 70% in just two months.  Had there been no vaccines, the resulting death toll could have been far more horrific.

The simple fact that some 51% of Americans are fully vaccinated and this delta surge is still climbing on the whole should really scare you, but sure, point the finger at Joe Biden.  He's at least trying to solve the problem.

Edited by jimmyjazz
speling

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

With 3 vaccines in his back pocket,Biden has close to 250K deaths under his watch. Trump had 250K deaths between March-November. Roughly the same amount of time with no vaccines.

So we’re just going to ignore the November to January surge under dotard’s watch?  You are dumbass. 

This is a pretty bad take.  For starters, you're using numbers that go back to the very beginning of the pandemic before it had fully ramped up.  But mainly, you're giving Trump credit for lockdowns, mask mandates, and other measures that he opposed every step of the way that are no longer enforced.  Last summer, many places were just opening back up, but restaurants had to be at 25% capacity before eventually hitting 50% capacity.  Movie theaters were mostly closed, and the ones that were open had blocked out huge amounts of seats so that you weren't sitting near anyone.  The last movie I went to less than a week ago I had people sitting directly in front and behind me.  You go into a store now and maybe a quarter of the people are voluntarily wearing masks vs everybody a year ago.  Things are mostly back to normal in public, and nobody is enforcing any of these measures anymore, because conservative messaging is once again louder and is winning out.  So even though half of the population is vaccinated, half isn't, which is making the overall impact of a vaccine muted while everyone is running around in crowds maskless and filling up hospital beds.  
I've never been a huge Joe Biden cheerleader and I don't really agree with the idea of the government being able to enforce medical decisions on its people, but things are kind of getting desperate.  Conservatives that happily took every vaccine required growing up that were mandatory to go to public school and to travel to certain places are now freaking out over this one because they made it political, and you keep moving the goal posts.  First it wasn't fully FDA approved.  Then it became FDA approved but you're still against it.  Many of you will, however, take experimental treatments that aren't fully FDA approved and only have emergency use approval.  Half of this country is digging their heels in the sand because they believe a bunch of nonsense they either read online or heard from Tucker Carlson about fake deaths reported on VAERS or their refrigerator magnets sticking to them.  

Something needs to be done, and I'm all ears.  What is your alternative to get people to treat this seriously?

Pay them. It worked in Houston.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

So now all those deaths are real? I thought it was a liberal hoax perpetuated by greedy hospitals claiming everything was a COVID death to get more money and the whole thing would disappear after the election? 

History will look back at the beginning of the pandemic when the FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES was saying that the virus wasn't real or would magically disappear and be like, "wow, that was fucking insane."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

History will look back at the beginning of the pandemic when the FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES was saying that the virus wasn't real or would magically disappear and be like, "wow, that was fucking insane."

2 weeks

By Easter

Gone by summer

Will disappear after the election

Well we are 10 months from that election.....so the liberal hoax that is out to destroy Joe Biden's presidency sure looks pretty stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

He's changed the narrative and his base is buying it.  He now says that yes, he knew it was airborne in February and that everyone knew that, and if Bob Woodward thought it was such a big deal then why did he wait until June to report their interviews?  "Blame Bob Woodward, not me!"  No acknowledgement that he misled the public about the degree of spread or the severity of the viral illness, no acknowledgement that he actively opposed mitigation efforts like masks, social distancing, and eventually business shutdowns, nothing.  He's just a run of the mill con man whose narcissism lets him believe that not only can he say anything, but that he doesn't ever contradict himself, and he does that often.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Is there a legitimate reason for this?  

Members of Congress and Their Staff Are Exempt From Biden's Vaccine Mandate

Members of Congress and Their Staff Are Exempt From Biden's Vaccine Mandate (msn.com)

Nope. Just another example of politicians creating a separate set of rules for themselves.

• Hook 'Em 3

Ugh. Here we go again. They didn't go out of their way to exempt anybody, it is an executive order that applies only to the executive branch. Misleading headlines, basically all headlines these days.

However, Biden's order on federal workers applies to employees of the executive branch. The House of Representatives and the Senate belong to the separate legislative branch, and the courts to the judicial branch of the federal government.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Ugh. Here we go again. They didn't go out of their way to exempt anybody, it is an executive order that applies only to the executive branch. Misleading headlines, basically all headlines these days.

However, Biden's order on federal workers applies to employees of the executive branch. The House of Representatives and the Senate belong to the separate legislative branch, and the courts to the judicial branch of the federal government.

oh shit, you mean he's acknowledging there are 3 branches of government that set their own rules and standards? shock!