Shaggy fantasy hoops 2021

shadow_operative

Starting this thread so that everyone can check in. I can speak for myself and for my two buddies that all three of our teams are back in. Also, as I recall we made this a keeper league last year, so we should make sure that we have all of that squared away well before the draft actually takes place. so check in here if you're back in and down to clown. 

This year would be a hella weird year for keepers, but people made decisions based on that it seems like we should stick with it. I say that as somebody who had constructed a win now team last year instead of a keeper focused team and had to chop the pot anyways.

Speaking of which is BO still around? He still owes me $75. I'd prefer just putting that to my entry fee

I can't remember but when the season cancelation was announced was there a scramble to pick up players? If so I think those should be disallowed as keepers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

On 11/21/2020 at 10:21 AM, RCRanger03 said:

This year would be a hella weird year for keepers, but people made decisions based on that it seems like we should stick with it. I say that as somebody who had constructed a win now team last year instead of a keeper focused team and had to chop the pot anyways.

Speaking of which is BO still around? He still owes me $75. I'd prefer just putting that to my entry fee

I can't remember but when the season cancelation was announced was there a scramble to pick up players? If so I think those should be disallowed as keepers

Dude, my bad.  When COVID hit I kind of took a step back from Surly and completely fucking forgot about fantasy basketball.  Yes, I will cover your entry fee this year and I am back in again. 

Agree that it feels like a weird time to start keepers, but decisions were made last year based upon that premise so we should go ahead and try it out.  Someone else needs to come up with the rules for all of that though as I really don't care to right now.

• Like 1

Dude, my bad.  When COVID hit I kind of took a step back from Surly and completely fucking forgot about fantasy basketball.  Yes, I will cover your entry fee this year and I am back in again. 
Agree that it feels like a weird time to start keepers, but decisions were made last year based upon that premise so we should go ahead and try it out.  Someone else needs to come up with the rules for all of that though as I really don't care to right now.
No worries i figured you were good for it and intended to play again. The ol Surly money laundry

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to get 10 if we can, just to keep the wire from being so juiced that it becomes a streaming contest rather than legit team building

I've been using all of my fantasy hoops brain in the stonks thread this year since I was bored. I've won money twice here totaling less than $1k I've made approximately $50k over there lol.

I tried to look up my roster to determine my keepers but the league needs to be renewed. I know I am keeping Durant just don't remember the round (5/6ish). The plan last year was to keep Klay for the late round pick but that didn't work out so I need to see who else I might keep.

Off the top of my head, I think we established you could keep up to 2 players but you could not keep your 1st round pick. You gave up one round higher than the original pick for the keeper. Free agents adds counted as 10th (not sure if that or 12th).

Long term thinking is the limit on how many years you can keep a player or until they count as your 1st pick.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:45 AM, BigOrange1 said:

michael knight is out so spot #10 is yours @ztejas

Word. Forgot to check this yesterday among my 50 Urban Meyer thread notifications. I'm in.

Do I get to pick keepers from his roster last year or will I just draft clean with everyone in the pool?

15 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

how exactly do keepers work again?  i can't keep either of my first 2 round picks and anyone i keep means i give up the pick of the round before they were taken last year?  ie if i want to keep a guy i picked in the 6th round i forfeit my 5th round pick this year?

Correct. I went back to last season's draft recap. It only highlights the players you drafted. If you acquired a player through trade you'll need to see who/when drafted them. If there is any easier way I'll hang up and listen. 

On 12/2/2020 at 10:04 PM, BigOrange1 said:

here is the count by my hand:

1. derka
  2. derka friend #1
  3. derka friend #2
  4. rex wilson
  5. radical larry
  6. rc ranger
  7. capn81
  8. bigorange

i don't remember who the other two members are.  ztejas is #1 on the wait list.

with ztejas and ballomatic were all set, yeah? say the word and we'll have our draft order today. 

20 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

go for it.

you guys good with sunday evening december 20th for the draft?  season starts 12/22.

let's say keepers have to be declared by 12/18?

Fine with me. 

So how are keepers working? Going by what ESPN is telling me they take away your first and second round draft picks - and the rounds in which "my" players were taken isn't displayed.

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fine with me. 

So how are keepers working? Going by what ESPN is telling me they take away your first and second round draft picks - and the rounds in which "my" players were taken isn't displayed.

here is the draft recap: https://fantasy.espn.com/basketball/league/draftrecap?seasonId=2020&leagueId=113346

Oh damn I just saw Jonathan Isaac is out for the whole upcoming season from that last injury... There goes my top keeper lol 

To make sure I understand I can't keep any 1st or 2nd round pick, even if it wasn't me that picked him correct? Also anyone I picked up off the wire or traded for is valued at their initial draft level? If so what are undrafted waiver wire pickups valued at?

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i wasn't necessarily in favor of this, but i remember it being said that UDFA guys couldn't be keepers. the rule was that you had to draft the guy. 

We had to draft them, or they just had to be drafted and  it doesn't matter however we ended up having them at the suspension of the season whether it was by picking them up, or trading for them?

In case you're trying to remember like me who was drafted where last year, and how to value your keepers