Shaggy fantasy hoops 2021

shadow_operative

after having given a cursory glance to everyone's teams, it is my opinion that Rex and BO are the teams to beat as of today. both teams look very good top to bottom, and each team has some excellent drafting (or trading) from last year to thank for that, at least in part. i see a few other teams out there who i'm not looking forward to playing as well. should be a great season. good luck ya buncha jabronis. 

Edited by shadow_operative

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

after having given a cursory glance to everyone's teams, it is my opinion that Rex and BO are the teams to beat as of today. both teams look very good top to bottom, and each team has some excellent drafting (or trading) from last year to thank for that, at least in part. i see a few other teams out there who i'm not looking forward to playing as well. should be a great season. good luck ya buncha jabronis. 

Haven't looked around - whoever I'm playing this week has a nice squad. There were some great keepers so I'm assuming there are a couple of hammer teams out there. My strategy was to take high ceiling guys to have an outside chance with some potential keeper steals late to play for next year. 

Should be fun. Let's pray for no torn ACLs and minimal covid fuckery. 

46 minutes ago, BallamaticBevo said:

Well the time to buy low on LaMelo is now. Take this trash from me. I’ll trade him for some Best Buy coupons and 2 HDMI ports

How do you feel about Andrew Wiggins?

I already have Devonte Graham on my roster, though. Probably don't want them both. 

ESPN has the worst track record  for when a player gets hurt. this morning:

"KAT hurt his wrist but is expected to play tonight, as his x rays came back negative."

this afternoon:

"KAT has been diagnosed with a dislocated wrist and will be evaluated on a week to week basis."

every fucking time with ESPN. they don't know shit about fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

one of the most puzzling and amazing things about this league: Andre Drummond has never been a first round pick. he's a top 5-7 player who plays 80 games every year, and he's never been a first round pick. my buddy and i were one pick away from getting him in the 2nd round *again* this year. IIRC we got him in the 4th three seasons ago. can't really explain it, but it's true. man is a BEAST who exceeds his draft position every single year.

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

one of the most puzzling and amazing things about this league:

You mean besides @RexWilson having LeBron and KD on the same team?

Just checked: KD has missed one game, so that diminishes his value a bit, but in the other 5 he is going 28/6/4/1/1 on 51/50/90 splits with just 3 turnovers/g. And that's in 33 mpg. Per minute he is basically recreating his MVP season so far. Disgusting.

Edited by ztejas

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

one of the most puzzling and amazing things about this league: Andre Drummond has never been a first round pick. he's a top 5-7 player who plays 80 games every year, and he's never been a first round pick. my buddy and i were one pick away from getting him in the 2nd round *again* this year. IIRC we got him in the 4th three seasons ago. can't really explain it, but it's true. man is a BEAST who exceeds his draft position every single year.

I knew I had to take Drummond with my 2nd round pick. I gave up my third and knew I wouldn't be happy with the center options in the fourth. You and I tend to value certain players/stats similarly so I knew you would have Drummond high in your list.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

You mean besides @RexWilson having LeBron and KD on the same team?

Just checked: KD has missed one game, so that diminishes his value a bit, but in the other 5 he is going 28/6/4/1/1 on 51/50/90 splits with just 3 turnovers/g. And that's in 33 mpg. Per minute he is basically recreating his MVP season so far. Disgusting.

Last year, I traded away some players too early based on early season stats (Jokic) and my moves never paid off. Once it was clear I wasn't going to be contending, I acquired KD in a trade and picked Klay off the free agents and kept them on my roster preparing for this year. One of those moves worked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I knew I had to take Drummond with my 2nd round pick. I gave up my third and knew I wouldn't be happy with the center options in the fourth. You and I tend to value certain players/stats similarly so I knew you would have Drummond high in your list.

Last year, I traded away some players too early based on early season stats (Jokic) and my moves never paid off. Once it was clear I wasn't going to be contending, I acquired KD in a trade and picked Klay off the free agents and kept them on my roster preparing for this year. One of those moves worked. 

I'm salty because I had nothing worth keeping and I'm currently being handed an absolute ass beating by you. My team picked a great week to collectively shit the bed.

I kind of knew I'd be playing for next year, though.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Question - are players received in trades eligible to be kept by the receiving team? i.e. if I trade someone - does that also trade their draft "rights" for next year?

If not I think it should.

They were last year, you keep the value they were drafted at

• Hook 'Em 1

agree with everything above. i've never been a huge fan of the rosters locking the day of in the first place- seems to me you should be able to add/drop players and insert them into your lineup so long as their game hasn't started yet. but this year, with all of the sudden cancellations, you go out and add two guys to sub in *due to other cancellations*, and then those two guys have their games canceled as well. 

at this point it seems that A)there's a real chance that we once again fail to complete the season, and B)if we do make it, then everyone needs to just worry about making it into the playoffs and then just hope for the best. the seeds this year will not be a reflection of the actual best teams in order. 

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Does anyone want Jamal Murray?

lol oh yeah, this post is what set off my trade offer barrage. i remember that now. i had previously stuffed it down with some brown, but now i remember why last night was the night. my fantasy hoops season has officially started. let's get it on!

Just now, shadow_operative said:

lol oh yeah, this post is what set off my trade offer barrage. i remember that now. i had previously stuffed it down with some brown, but now i remember why last night was the night. my fantasy hoops season has officially started. let's get it on!

I see that a trade came through for you. The first one you hit me with was interesting. The brown must have been talking when you tried to take Simmons off my hands.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I see that a trade came through for you. The first one you hit me with was interesting. The brown must have been talking when you tried to take Simmons off my hands.

yeah man, i can't help myself, i do this every year lol. my late night trade offer barrages are a staple of this league. and yeah, i usually try to start off with offers that are somewhat reasonable/realistic, and then i'm eventually like, "ehhhhh, give me your no.1 draft pick/nightly triple double threat, sound good?" lol.

in the end i probably gave up more than i wanted to with the trade that did get accepted, but i'm happy with my return. i still have plenty of big men, but Lavine and Dray will really help with points, threes, assists, and steals. the trade should work out for both teams of everyone stays healthy.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

and then i'm eventually like, "ehhhhh, give me your no.1 draft pick/nightly triple double threat, sound good?" lol.

To be fair, my 3rd pick has been atrocious and just had 5 points 4 rebounds and 2 assists last night. So you weren't thst far off the mark.

But yeah, Simmons is my ONLY TD threat. Unless I'm getting one back I can't do that.