Shaggy fantasy hoops 2021

shadow_operative

3 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

looking forward to our battle.  pretty sure i've never won this before.

these two teams have been on a collision course for some time now (although capn came *this* close to derailing it all. god that was such a sweat). whoever wins this thing will have earned it. let's get it on!

@BigOrange1 @Radical Larry @Capn81  ok, weird update. i've been co-owning my team with a friend of mine for the past 5-6 years. one of our other friends (Durdy Curry) joined this league a few years back. the co-owner of my team is super tight with Durdy; they go way back. Durdy is more a friend of a friend to me. 

anyway, i just now realized that Durdy is still adding and dropping players. i dropped TJ McConnell to add Marvin Bagley on Sunday, and when i went to add TJ back just now i saw that Durdy had added him. apparently he got confused as to which league he was using (he's in multiple espn fantasy hoops leagues, and he's still alive in another league). i texted my partner, and he and i in turn texted to durdy to stop adding players in this league and to drop the players he added. durdy then for some reason dropped the three players he had added during the playoffs (D Rose, Kanter, and TJ) as well as two guys from his actual team, Nurkic and Divencenzo.

so-i first wanted to try explain wtf just happened, and i guess i would ask everyone to just leave Nurkic and Divencenzo out there, since they shouldn't be available anyway. also, i've been boned/forced to put my plans out in the street here, as obviously i was planning on adding TJ McConnell for tomorrow night's games, and now not only will i not have TJ or his stats, but i can't exactly call dibs on him, meaning anyone else is free to add him if they want to. i hope that doesn't happen, but i also don't blame anybody who wants to claim him. weird situation all around, but one that seems to happen almost every year (someone who's out still adding/dropping players). hopefully this is the end of it. 

Edited by shadow_operative

man i'm getting peeved at ESPN's DTD/OUT listings being so flimsy and last minute. i went to add Bamba but i couldn't add him because Brogdon and Wood were listed as DTD and we're on my IR. so i keep checking, and checking, and checking, and finally both are listed as OUT. i go to add Bamba, and my opponent has added him in the time that i waited for both to be listed as OUT. so aggravating.

no jinx (not that it would be possible), but this matchup is over. congrats to BO. you've got the best team for sure. a monster team in fact. definitely one of the best we've seen. congrats on a deserved win. in fact, i'm fine with getting the payouts settled right now, or at least getting the process started, as i doubt most league members are even checking the thread anymore. if you can remind me what the payouts are then i'm fine with you and me both being paid in full right now for first and second place respectively. if i saw even the tiniest sliver of hope i wouldn't be making this post, but there's no way back from this ass whooping you're laying on me. hope the premature congrats doesn't spoil the fun, lol. 

On 4/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, shadow_operative said:

man, one of these matchups is a total toss up that's gonna come down to the very end tonight. shit is gonna be close. as for the other matchup...kinda hard to compete when Zion is left on the IR and a retired player is still in your starting lineup. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886gjkfyaj7ni58ac26v3

i really doubt it would have mattered anyway. congrats to RL, and good luck to the other two competitors. shit is gonna be tight!

Dude I completely did the math wrong or didn't understand the fucking playoff setup or whatever. I had no idea I was even playing in a play in - I haven't set my lineup in weeks. I know that regardless I wasn't going to win it all. Maybe I had a weird outside chance for 3rd.

Maybe whoever was 6th during that last week got their ass beat and gave me some weird in? Idk. I've had a hectic last month. 

Sorry if I fucked up some integrity down the stretch there - we should probably outline all of this stuff better going into next year. I'm still good for my $75. 

Edited by ztejas

On 5/3/2021 at 9:30 PM, shadow_operative said:

@BigOrange1 @Radical Larry @Capn81  ok, weird update. i've been co-owning my team with a friend of mine for the past 5-6 years. one of our other friends (Durdy Curry) joined this league a few years back. the co-owner of my team is super tight with Durdy; they go way back. Durdy is more a friend of a friend to me. 

anyway, i just now realized that Durdy is still adding and dropping players. i dropped TJ McConnell to add Marvin Bagley on Sunday, and when i went to add TJ back just now i saw that Durdy had added him. apparently he got confused as to which league he was using (he's in multiple espn fantasy hoops leagues, and he's still alive in another league). i texted my partner, and he and i in turn texted to durdy to stop adding players in this league and to drop the players he added. durdy then for some reason dropped the three players he had added during the playoffs (D Rose, Kanter, and TJ) as well as two guys from his actual team, Nurkic and Divencenzo.

so-i first wanted to try explain wtf just happened, and i guess i would ask everyone to just leave Nurkic and Divencenzo out there, since they shouldn't be available anyway. also, i've been boned/forced to put my plans out in the street here, as obviously i was planning on adding TJ McConnell for tomorrow night's games, and now not only will i not have TJ or his stats, but i can't exactly call dibs on him, meaning anyone else is free to add him if they want to. i hope that doesn't happen, but i also don't blame anybody who wants to claim him. weird situation all around, but one that seems to happen almost every year (someone who's out still adding/dropping players). hopefully this is the end of it. 

@BigOrange1 this sucks because we only have a limited amount of adds, but we were all supposed to leave Divencenzo alone as my idiot friend dropped him during the playoffs. not sure what to do about it. if there's no way to give yourself another add, then fuck it, it's my friend's fault for dropping him. i'm not gonna ask you to handicap yourself with three days to play. 

ugh.

i'll drop him after tonight but i only have 2 more adds and i'm not going to just punt on one of them because someone else fucked up.  he's #110 on the player rater so it's not like i picked up steph curry.  i didn't even think twice about it because it's donte divencenzo.

personally, i think we should split the 1st and 2nd place take.  i get using a tie breaker when there is another round to advance to but you tie in the final round i think you should just split 1st and 2nd place take.  and i'm sure that comes across as convenient as i lose the tie breaker, but i'd feel the same way if i won the tiebreaker.  if you tie in the final round, just chop the pot.  but it's up to derka.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:11 AM, BigOrange1 said:

perfect.  $75 entry x 10 players = $750 prize pool.

$150 - regular season winner

$300 - 1st place

$225 - 2nd place

$75 - 3rd place (keep entry fee)

that work for everyone?

according to this there is $525 in the pot for 1st and 2nd, but i don't think that can be split up evenly, can it? i legit can't do math, so you'll have to correct me if i'm wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

yeah i didn't realize the difference between first and second was only $75.  i'm not worried about splitting that, derka can take it.

i have mine, rex wilson and rc ranger's payments which equals my $225.  radical larry keeps his $75 for finishing 3rd.  everyone else owes derka.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

according to this there is $525 in the pot for 1st and 2nd, but i don't think that can be split up evenly, can it? i legit can't do math, so you'll have to correct me if i'm wrong. 

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah i didn't realize the difference between first and second was only $75.  i'm not worried about splitting that, derka can take it.

i have mine, rex wilson and rc ranger's payments which equals my $225.  radical larry keeps his $75 for finishing 3rd.  everyone else owes derka.

Yes. There are these things called "cents". It would come out to $262.50 each. 

My gambling winnings from last week are conveniently $78 and should hit my cash app soon - whoever I'm paying can I cash app you rather than venmo? Just pm me. 

I'm also fine with just rolling it over into my 1st place winnings for next year. 

Edited by ztejas

9 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

lol i can do the math, just saying that with only a $75 difference, im not worried about splitting it.

I would hope so. I was just getting a cheap shot in. 

@shadow_operative if you have cashapp pm me and we'll figure it out. I guess whether you do or not we'll figure it out. 

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yes. There are these things called "cents". It would come out to $262.50 each. 

My gambling winnings from last week are conveniently $78 and should hit my cash app soon - whoever I'm paying can I cash app you rather than venmo? Just pm me. 

I'm also fine with just rolling it over into my 1st place winnings for next year. 

yes, i'm aware that cents exist. i'm referring to the fact that the pay structure of this league is set up so that each non-winning member simply has to send his $75 to one other member at the end of the year. you can't do that with two guys splitting $525.

also, even if we had split the money i just want set the record straight for anyone that the tie breaker does go to the best regular season record. the app even game me one of those congratulatory ticker tape parades when i checked the box score monday morning. feels great to win another title, especially with the insane rash of injuries my team sustained throughout the playoffs. it's kinda felt like an unceremonious win to this point though, so just wanted to set that in stone. 

3058FFC3-9668-44B0-A3A1-AD59F65E70E2.png

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

yes, i'm aware that cents exist. i'm referring to the fact that the pay structure of this league is set up so that each non-winning member simply has to send his $75 to one other member at the end of the year. you can't do that with two guys splitting $525.

also, even if we had split the money i just want set the record straight for anyone that the tie breaker does go to the best regular season record. the app even game me one of those congratulatory ticker tape parades when i checked the box score monday morning. feels great to win another title, especially with the insane rash of injuries my team sustained throughout the playoffs. it's kinda felt like an unceremonious win to this point though, so just wanted to set that in stone. 

3058FFC3-9668-44B0-A3A1-AD59F65E70E2.png

So basically, yes, I'll send you your $75 cocksucker. 

Even though you didn't have to be so cocksuckery about it. 

16 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

edit: never mind

proposal for next year: 

make the buy-in $80, and the payouts as follows:

regular season: $200

winner: $400

runner-up: $200

or

make the buy-in $100, and the payouts as follows:

winner: $500

third place: $100

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

proposal for next year: 

or

First - sorry for being such a cunt last night. I am uh... kind of a mess right now personally.

I like 3rd getting their money back because it gives import to the 3rd place game. 

I'm not sure about the regular season winnings since it will likely go to whoever wins regardless (as it did this year...). I'd be down for a weekly bonus-type deal though for biggest ass-kicking off the week. We'd have to do some math on that but I know of leagues (esp fantasy football) where high score of the week gets a little cash.

Edited by ztejas

i agree that i like to have the top three all get paid out + the regular season winner, but i definitely think we should up the entry fee, and both are for the same reason- it's such a long season of daily-weekly managing. the payout in the end should reflect that

also, while i don't have the stats in front of me, i feel like regular season winner almost never wins the playoffs in this league. could be mistaken thought.

anyone else have any thoughts about the entry fee/payout structure?

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2021 at 11:48 AM, shadow_operative said:

proposal for next year: 

or

anybody else want to weigh in on this? 

• 2 months later...

respect for the honesty. it's been a pleasure having you in the league.

now then: do we send out the surly bat signal? does anyone have a friend who wants to join? have we already had someone request to join and i've just forgotten because of the benzos, beer, and sleep deprivation? what are horse shoes? are there horse socks? is anybody listening? 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 7:52 AM, RCRanger03 said:

Apologies to this league, I've been a shit league member this year, but it has just found itself way below family, work, home reno, and stock trading this year. Probably my last season anyways, so will not firesale as to not cause turmoil. If anyone watching from the sideline wants to take over the team they can ride free the rest of the way on my entry (or rather BO's lol) and prepare a team for next season. PM me if you're interested

ok so it looks like rc is out and we still have one open spot. anyone else wanna help me find a 10th league member?