Shaggy fantasy hoops 2021

shadow_operative

I went back to last season thread to see what was discussed on keeping undrafted players. The two options discussed were 1- can be kept for 10th round or 2- last round pick. No formal decision was made.

Klay went undrafted last year and I stashed him on IR when I was out of the running. Didn't work out.

If a drafted player was dropped and added later on, it was decided you could keep them but the drafted player rule still appplied (same with traded players).

Edited by RexWilson

1 minute ago, RexWilson said:

I went back to last season thread to see what was discussed on keeping undrafted players. The two options discussed were 1- can be kept for 10th round or 2- last round pick. No formal decision was made.

Klay went undrafted last year and I stashed him on IR when I was out of the running. Didn't work out.

If a drafted player was dropped and added later on, it was decided you could keep them but the drafted player rule still appplied (same with traded players).

this makes sense as to why i had that 11th round number in my head. i'm find with it being any pick from round 10 and on.

also, we should probably add a third IR spot if possible due to the unpredictable nature of this season. 

I just tried to mock draft and it's literally impossible until the Keepers are established, and even then I don't think it's going to be helpful since nobody else in a mock would be operating under those parameters... 

Guess I'm gonna wing it

you got this wing it GIF

Edited by RCRanger03

did we decide if you can keep guys until it would cost you a second round pick?  ie if i want to keep a guy i picked in the 6th round last year for the next 3 years it would cost me a 5th round pick this year, a 4th round pick next year and a 3rd round pick the following year (then I couldn't keep him anymore)?

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

And actually, just put me down for no keepers. Holy fuck what an awful draft. 

lmao wow i just looked at that.  yeah i see why you aren't super excited to keep any of those guys.

the scoring is 12-cat head to head.  the categories are:

• FG%
  • Free Throws Made
  • 3 Pointers Made
  • Offensive Rebounds
  • Defensive Rebounds
  • Assists
  • Steals
  • Blocks
  • Turnovers
  • Double Doubles
  • Triple Doubles

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

lmao wow i just looked at that.  yeah i see why you aren't super excited to keep any of those guys.

the scoring is 12-cat head to head.  the categories are:

• FG%
  • Free Throws Made
  • 3 Pointers Made
  • Offensive Rebounds
  • Defensive Rebounds
  • Assists
  • Steals
  • Blocks
  • Turnovers
  • Double Doubles
  • Triple Doubles
Y'all don't have to offer me strategy advice - but I would think with 12 cat you are probably best off just taking the best player available from a holistic stats perspective. At least, that's probably what I'll go for - not sure it's worth ovethinking it to try and punt some and double down on others.

Never played a 12 cat.

On buy in - still $75 per that message on the homepage?

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Y'all don't have to offer me strategy advice - but I would think with 12 cat you are probably best off just taking the best player available from a holistic stats perspective. At least, that's probably what I'll go for - not sure it's worth ovethinking it to try and punt some and double down on others.

Never played a 12 cat.

nah, we just use venmo to pay out the winners at the end. 

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Never played a 12 cat.

There is also the element of scheduling since you are playing the same opponent the entire week. It might be different since most teams are playing every other night. In the past, your opponent might cumulatively have more total games being played in a week. This is where actively working the free agents/waivers helps.

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm asking that you declare them by the 15th so i have as much time as possible to try and setup the draft order and assign keepers without fucking it up.  

yeah, being that this is our first time doing this we should try have all of our ducks in a row well before the time comes to actually do the draft. 

16 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

F me, I don't know who in going to pick, but seeing yalls keepers just makes me realize that I'm going to have to nail every draft pick to catch up on value

I'll have mine in tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Some are less of an advantage than others. Whoever is getting Durant for a 6th round pick can fuck off. 

Just looking at the schedule - I think we should draft on either the 20th or 21st - after the preseason games have ended but before the regular season tips.

If we do it before then then it could get messy as not every team might be playing after that and if someone gets injured or puts some shitty ball on tape it will be info that wasn't available to whoever drafted that guy.

59 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Ingram in round 11 is stuuuuupid value. 

Yeah this is not going to be my year lol

What was the final decision on Undrafted Free Agents, whether we can keeper them and at what draft cost?

Most of my team was carefully traded for 1st and 2nd rounders, and undrafted free agents. Those in the middle are either injured, injury prone, or otherwise not exactly high quality keepers lol

yeah, the talk surrounding UDFA's involved them being kept at rounds 10 and later. i'm cool with it being 10, but i wouldn't want it to go any higher than that, as i've spent the whole offseason under the impression that my UDFA keeper would be an 11th round pick, and moving that up several rounds at this point would throw a monkey wrench in all of the prep/research i've been doing.

Edited by shadow_operative