This Is Texas Tour

Viper

"Texas coming on strong" in 2012 was fucking brutal. Charlie Strong as usual, barely took a breath between words and fumbled through a speech. Patterson was the cheesiest fucker on earth and a bit creepy really. Overall it was a bit ridiculous. All of it was forced. I drank beer and talked to Trey Newton all night because he was working with LHF and gave me his direct extension anytime I had account questions. Don't waste your time. 

10 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

"Texas coming on strong" in 2012 was fucking brutal. Charlie Strong as usual, barely took a breath between words and fumbled through a speech. Patterson was the cheesiest fucker on earth and a bit creepy really. Overall it was a bit ridiculous. All of it was forced. I drank beer and talked to Trey Newton all night because he was working with LHF and gave me his direct extension anytime I had account questions. Don't waste your time. 

Isn't this a little like saying you shouldn't go see Pantera because of their Glam tour of the early 80s? 

• Like 1

I went to the tour for Strong in Houston back in 2014. Got autographs from Strong, autographs/pictures with Vince and Earl, the LHN guys, and even got a picture with Coach Elliott and he let me wear his championship ring that the volleyball team had just won. All in all, I had a good time. I'd imagine it would be even better with Herman and CDC

I too will be attending the one in Midland tomorrow night.  I went to the "Comin' on Strong" tour back whenever that was and enjoyed have a couple of minutes to talk to the coaches one on one.  I've managed to arrange myself as the transportation for to coaches to/from the airport tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to a few extra minutes to talk to them during the drive.  I do have four years of eligibility left, so I'm considering nonchalantly doing some curls during the drive and maybe Herman will decide he needs me on the team.

They did one of these barnstorming things in Fort Worth when Mack hired all the new assistant coaches in his last gasp attempt to save the program. It was really cool because they actually had all the coaches attend. They were milling around and you could talk some football with them after all the clownshow fans got done getting their stupid pictures taken with them or getting autographs or whatever.

I just remember that the OL coach Stacy Searels was convinced that my buddy and I were $9.95 bloggers or sportswriters who had infiltrated the event to get some info undercover. He would "answer" any question we had with questions back to us about we do for a living. Harsin was a weirdo. Major cussed a lot.

I wish I knew which / how many coaches were attending at Fort Worth. If it's just like Beck and the kicking coach then I don't know I'll probably blow it off.

• Like 1

Wait, we have a kicking coach now?

I remeber Dicko talking about how the kickers pretty much do their own thing, (under both coaching staffs) and then the piece about how he had to show his cuz how to set up the kicking net before the spring game,

I went to the poorly named "comin' on strong tour" when it was in Dallas.  It was worth attending.  Ricky was really cool about taking pics with the kids.  Soccer coach talked to the little ones.  Most importantly, they served booze and gave the adults a chance to talk football.

I assume Del Conte will put on a much better event than that shithead Patterson.  Even he didn't mess up Charlie's tour too badly.

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

They did one of these barnstorming things in Fort Worth when Mack hired all the new assistant coaches in his last gasp attempt to save the program. It was really cool because they actually had all the coaches attend. They were milling around and you could talk some football with them after all the clownshow fans got done getting their stupid pictures taken with them or getting autographs or whatever.

I just remember that the OL coach Stacy Searels was convinced that my buddy and I were $9.95 bloggers or sportswriters who had infiltrated the event to get some info undercover. He would "answer" any question we had with questions back to us about we do for a living. Harsin was a weirdo. Major cussed a lot.

I wish I knew which / how many coaches were attending at Fort Worth. If it's just like Beck and the kicking coach then I don't know I'll probably blow it off.

Pretty funny

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little worried when the Texas Exes sent me an email this morning saying the event started at 6am next week. Anyone else get this? I replied back and asked if they meant 6pm and they just replied to say yes it's 6pm and not 6am.