COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Most of the Ascension hospitals used all of their first allocation on staff and are waiting on the next batch to cover the rest of staff including EMTs who were the back of the 1A line. I'd be interested where you got this info. It runs opposite of what I'm hearing from very good sources.

One could add up all the vaccine doses distributed in Travis County and determine whether or not that covers all of the 1A population. The fact that Ascension has tons of same day availability on their scheduling app tells you that there's plenty of capacity for 1As to get the shot if they want it. There's literally no waiting. We can't hold up distribution to other groups if folks in one group dawdle along too long go get it. Every 1A I know who wants it has been vaccinated. I sure as shit took the first appointment that was offered to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

My mom and a friend's grandma both called the same Brookshire Bros yesterday.  My mom called probably an hour or 2 earlier.  My mom got told to call back the next day at 9:30 to schedule an appointment and my friend's grandma got a vaccination appointment that afternoon and got her shot.  A room full of monkeys banging away on typewriters could have come up with a better distribution plan than this.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, 4th_and_18 said:

My cardiologist sent an email saying they would vaccinate according to the CDC schedule. When I responded to add me to any available standby list they told me they aren’t actually vaccinating anyone. Wtf. That’s a strange series of communications. Back to relying on H-E-B again.

Reading the HEB link above, sounds like they provide vaccines via doctor's office orders first and then will go general 1B public appointments. So there is an advantage of having your doctor call it in for you I think.

With all of yesterday's results in and even in our vast bump up in numbers reported we are still trolling along with states like Mississippi in terms of percent population vaccinated.  Even those meth heads to the north have gotten it into a higher percentage of their people's arms

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

Be interesting to see what happens with today's reporting.

Edited by Surly Bevo

One could add up all the vaccine doses distributed in Travis County and determine whether or not that covers all of the 1A population. The fact that Ascension has tons of same day availability on their scheduling app tells you that there's plenty of capacity for 1As to get the shot if they want it. There's literally no waiting. We can't hold up distribution to other groups if folks in one group dawdle along too long go get it. Every 1A I know who wants it has been vaccinated. I sure as shit took the first appointment that was offered to me.

I can tell you directly from a source that sits in executive planning meetings for Ascension that most of the Ascension hospitals gave out their initial doses already and are waiting on more. That link is meant for 1As, not Karens that have decided that the frontline workers have had their chance and it's now Karen's turn to skip the line.

Taking it even further[mention=245]royiv[/mention], if you go to that link that you've decided possession of makes you eligible to take shots meant for healthcare workers, you can see that every hospital in a 30 mile radius is blacked out until at least next Wednesday, some multiple weeks. So no, these hospitals don't just have a bunch sitting around.

Further, the text that was sent out with the sign up link reads as follows.

"You are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. For additional info, please check your email. Click here: (link) to schedule your first dose based on guidance from your Ascension manager or staff leader. Please disregard if you have opted out."

That link was meant for eligible 1As, not every dip shit that decides they're too important to let our healthcare workers go first.

And when you make an appointment, before you can confirm, you get a pop-up window that very clearly states these appointments are for 1As only
54fedafc0b9995d0d57bc32d7d18ab2c.jpg

In summary you are completely full of shit. You are trying to conjure up a rationalization of why you're very obviously trying to game the system to jump ahead of doctors and nurses who still need their shot.

Grow the fuck up and wait your turn like everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I can tell you directly from a source that sits in executive planning meetings for Ascension that most of the Ascension hospitals gave out their initial doses already and are waiting on more. That link is meant for 1As, not Karens that have decided that the frontline workers have had their chance and it's now Karen's turn to skip the line.

They have vaccine. They are literally vaccinating today. That they are out is just plain false. How long do we give people in 1A to take personal responsibility and get the damn vaccine. At some point there needs to be a deadline and open it up to 1B like DSHS has directed. That doesn't mean that 1A still can't skip to the front and have priority, it just means we're not letting people sit around at vaccination centers with open capacity.

And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, but I think it's pretty shitty to call anyone who actually wants a vaccine a Karen. You're talking about elderly folks who desperately want to hug their grandkids and get out of the house. That's hardly a Karen. If you did mean it that way, you can rightfully go fuck yourself. This process has been poorly thought out and that's not any one health provider's fault.

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Taking it even further[mention=245]royiv[/mention], if you go to that link that you've decided possession of makes you eligible to take shots meant for healthcare workers, you can see that every hospital in a 30 mile radius is blacked out until at least next Wednesday, some multiple weeks. So no, these hospitals don't just have a bunch sitting around.

Further, the text that was sent out with the sign up link reads as follows.

"You are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. For additional info, please check your email. Click here: (link) to schedule your first dose based on guidance from your Ascension manager or staff leader. Please disregard if you have opted out."

That link was meant for eligible 1As, not every dip shit that decides they're too important to let our healthcare workers go first.

And when you make an appointment, before you can confirm, you get a pop-up window that very clearly states these appointments are for 1As only
54fedafc0b9995d0d57bc32d7d18ab2c.jpg

In summary you are completely full of shit. You are trying to conjure up a rationalization of why you're very obviously trying to game the system to jump ahead of doctors and nurses who still need their shot.

Grow the fuck up and wait your turn like everyone else.

Okay, no more benefit of the doubt here, asshole. Go back and read my posts and gain a modicum of reading comprehension. I'm in 1A. I took the first appointment I was offered. I'm not trying to game the system. I've had my first round of the vaccine.

I'm advocating for those that are vulnerable and want the vaccine. If you can't have a little sense of the desperation of folks that want the vaccine and be able to start to get their lives back to normal, hug their grandkids, etc, then I can't help you. The distribution has been poorly rolled out so far and that's not the fault of any one health system. There's way too much inconsistency when 1B is being vaccinated in one city or health system and not another city or health system. You're coming across as a pompous asshole at this point.

Okay, no more benefit of the doubt here, asshole. Go back and read my posts and gain a modicum of reading comprehension. I'm in 1A. I took the first appointment I was offered. I'm not trying to game the system. I've had my first round of the vaccine.
I'm advocating for those that are vulnerable and want the vaccine. If you can't have a little sense of the desperation of folks that want the vaccine and be able to start to get their lives back to normal, hug their grandkids, etc, then I can't help you. The distribution has been poorly rolled out so far and that's not the fault of any one health system. There's way too much inconsistency when 1B is being vaccinated in one city or health system and not another city or health system. You're coming across as a pompous asshole at this point.

I am a pompous asshole. But at least I'm not a shitty human being who is advocating that the fats and olds skip the line and take vaccines that are meant for doctors and nurses who are saving lives on a daily basis at risk to themselves. I could get a shot whenever I want. I want to leave my house too. But I'm going to wait, because I understand the concept of the greater good.

It's VERY clearly noted on that sign up page that it's meant for 1As. Not your parents or your fat uncle.

Now is the link not being customized or tied to your employee ID a mistake? Yep. And the CIO should be in a world of shit. But that doesn't make it okay to lie and cheat yourself into a shot.

It's not your job or authority to decide you don't like the way the rollout is going and encourage everyone to sabotage it because you disapprove.
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, BradInATX said:

I am a pompous asshole. But at least I'm not a shitty human being who is advocating that the fats and olds skip the line and take vaccines that are meant for doctors and nurses who are saving lives on a daily basis at risk to themselves.

I also don't believe you're a 1A. If you were, you wouldn't be telling people to go take vaccines meant for your co-workers who don't have theirs yet.

All of my coworkers who want the vaccine have gotten it. Maybe I'm just lucky to live in Houston. You're a shitty human being if you have no empathy for others.

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I am a pompous asshole. But at least I'm not a shitty human being who is advocating that the fats and olds skip the line and take vaccines that are meant for doctors and nurses who are saving lives on a daily basis at risk to themselves.

It's VERY clearly noted on that sign up page that it's meant for 1As. Not your parents or your fat uncle.

Now is the link not being customized or tied to your employee ID a mistake? Yep. And the CIO should be in a world of shit. But that doesn't make it okay to lie and cheat yourself into a shot.

Dude, you've missed so much of every point I'm making. Your comprehension is terrible.

The one thing I can agree with you on is not having the link personalized or tied to an employee ID. That's something that Houston Methodist did a good job of in my experience.

All of my coworkers who want the vaccine have gotten it. Maybe I'm just lucky to live in Houston. You're a shitty human being if you have no empathy for others.

Look dude. I understand your point. I have a lot of issues with the rollout myself. And if... If hospitals have gotten all of their As vaccinated and they're just sitting on doses then absolutely let's get grandma and grandpa in there. And maybe that's what's happening in Houston.

The problem is, and what got me fired up, is that you're out on a public message board making incorrect assumptions and spreading disinformation, directly encouraging people to skip over 1As here in Central Texas.

Maybe you didn't know or got bad info. In that case, sorry for going so hard. But you need to be more responsible than that. Fact check your shit. If you go to that link, only one Ascension in Texas has appointments available. And, like I said, it very clearly states it's for 1As.

I just texted a golf buddy who is in administration at Seton and he hasn't even gotten it yet because he's waiting for docs and nurses to go, and their first batch is gone.

Anyway, I hope you and your family all are able to get it soon and get back to normal. This sucks for all of us.

PS.. I'm convinced the numbers being reported are fucky. Time will tell on that one.

Fortunate to get my first injection this morning.

I have the rest of the day off and was so relieved and excited that I came home and had a double vodka. I havent had a drink in over a week. 

According to the Russian scientists that developed their vaccine I just substantially hindered my immune response or nullified it altogether.....fuck.

Anyone else heard this?

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Look dude. I understand your point. I have a lot of issues with the rollout myself. And if... If hospitals have gotten all of their As vaccinated and they're just sitting on doses then absolutely let's get grandma and grandpa in there. And maybe that's what's happening in Houston.

The problem is, and what got me fired up, is that you're out on a public message board making incorrect assumptions and spreading disinformation, directly encouraging people to skip over 1As here in Central Texas.

Maybe you didn't know or got bad info. In that case, sorry for going so hard. But you need to be more responsible than that. Fact check your shit. If you go to that link, only one Ascension in Texas has appointments available. And, like I said, it very clearly states it's for 1As.

I just texted a golf buddy who is in administration at Seton and he hasn't even gotten it yet because he's waiting for docs and nurses to go, and their first batch is gone.

Anyway, I hope you and your family all are able to get it soon and get back to normal. This sucks for all of us.

PS.. I'm convinced the numbers being reported are fucky. Time will tell on that one.

There's actually a lot you and I can agree on here. I just want to make clear that I've never once encouraged anyone to sabotage the system. That strikes a bad nerve when you said that because it's patently false if you read my posts. I have never said people should skip over 1As. I have said 1As should ALWAYS have priority. 

• Like 1

Also, I really, really hope you're right about this. That would be really good news.
People cite the state numbers but if you actually go to the Seton link you and I are discussing, you can see every single place but Bastrop is backlogged at least through Wednesday next week if not multiple weeks.

Just doesn't make sense. How is Central Texas using almost all of their first batches and the state is at 20% or whatever? Rural areas are probably much lower than Austin but even still..

We saw how long it took to get accurate case and hospitalization reporting. So I'd be surprised if there isn't some lag.

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

People cite the state numbers but if you actually go to the Seton link you and I are discussing, you can see every single place but Bastrop is backlogged at least through Wednesday next week if not multiple weeks.

Just doesn't make sense. How is Central Texas using almost all of their first batches and the state is at 20% or whatever? Rural areas are probably much lower than Austin but even still..

We saw how long it took to get accurate case and hospitalization reporting. So I'd be surprised if there isn't some lag.

I would be thrilled if we found out that 600k people had been vaccinated in less than three weeks. That would be an unqualified success. 

30 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

Fortunate to get my first injection this morning.

I have the rest of the day off and was so relieved and excited that I came home and had a double vodka. I havent had a drink in over a week. 

According to the Russian scientists that developed their vaccine I just substantially hindered my immune response or nullified it altogether.....fuck.

Anyone else heard this?

Anyone else heard what?

23 hours ago, David Dennison said:

My mother is 1B. When she called HEB and Baylor Scott & White today she was told the same. They are only offering the vaccine to 1A and do not expect to move to 1B for two to three weeks. They are also not putting people on a list of any kind. You just have to keep checking for updates.

19 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

My parents (mom is technically overweight, dad is a cancer survivor, obese, diabetic) and my aunt (3x cancer survivor, obese) got the moderna vaccine today in Tyler. They went to the Super 1 on the north side of town after signing up with them on Saturday. They called them yesterday night and gave them an appointment today at 1:30 PM.

My FIL who is 65 and has a heart issue got the moderna shot at Harvey Hall in Tyler. My MIL needs to speak with her oncologist at MD Anderson before she can get it as she’s having surgery next week and starting chemo soon after.  Glad he was able to get it. Phase 1B in full action in the home of the Tyler Rose. 

Yep.  Wife (no pics) is a 1B cancer survivor.  She went to Christus in Tyler, where I got it on Tuesday and they let her get it there because I had gotten it there.  We also heard (after the fact) they were offering it at Harvey Hall where they "were not turning any 1B away."  Wait supposedly was around 2.5 hours there yesterday morning and 3--4 hours yesterday afternoon.

This morning, they purportedly had a 4 hour wait at HH and ran out. 

Saw a long line at the old Luby's on Rice Road (now Brookshire's corporate office) yesterday, rain be damned.  When DHHS opened up 1B, she called several Brookshire's and Super 1 locations to get on the waiting list.  Not sure how many people in that line were called off a waiting list.  I think a lot probably just were showing up.

Currently, both adults in my household are vaccinated and one out of 2 kids has had the virus.

My mom is in assisted living and got the shot on Monday.

Still being cautious, masking, distancing, etc. 

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

I am a pompous asshole. But at least I'm not a shitty human being who is advocating that the fats and olds skip the line and take vaccines that are meant for doctors and nurses who are saving lives on a daily basis at risk to themselves. I could get a shot whenever I want. I want to leave my house too. But I'm going to wait, because I understand the concept of the greater good.

It's not your job or authority to decide you don't like the way the rollout is going and encourage everyone to sabotage it because you disapprove.

You really aren't giving yourself enough credit.  You are a morally superior smug pompous asshole. Which is pretty amazing given your name is fucking Brad, Brad

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

and jk, happy new year!  

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

I know for a fact the state numbers are wrong. And careful about bagging on rural areas, our county has received 500 vaccines and every single one of them is in a fucking arm (futureman pun intended). Because we are hiring Urban Meyer...
And the state shows we have only given about 250 or so last I checked. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Foosters said:

I'm an essential worker that got lumped into group 1C (don't even get me started). Is there a way we can figure out a rough estimate of when we can receive the vaccine depending on state/county?

No because there is not a central lead on managing vaccinations. The state, at least for Texas, decides how many doses to send to a location along with some basic guidance on who should be getting it. Then it’s up to that healthcare provider to take it from there. I’m not even sure if the county or city is in the mix at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

Something else interesting.  Of the administered doses, ~30K have been administered by pharmacies.  If you look in DFW area, almost no pharmacy activity.  Look at Houston, Austin, San Antonio....thousands of pharmacy administrations.
HEB is open I guess?

CVS and Walgreens are dosing nursing home residents like crazy right now. That’s why they state that the don’t have them when people call. They’re getting a lot and dosing on schedule, just not done with their obligations yet.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, scottsins said:

CVS and Walgreens are dosing nursing home residents like crazy right now. That’s why they state that the don’t have them when people call. They’re getting a lot and dosing on schedule, just not done with their obligations yet.

just curious, how do you know this? or maybe my real question is, is there a way for the public to know when CVS/Walgreens are done with their obligations, and will move on to the next level?

1 minute ago, strangulation! said:

just curious, how do you know this? or maybe my real question is, is there a way for the public to know when CVS/Walgreens are done with their obligations, and will move on to the next level?

You will know when they announce it. What’s odd in this whole scenario, is that no one is under the obligation to inform anyone. The govt has washed their hands of helping anyone to get the vaccine. It’s the private industry’s role to manage it, and they’re not getting much money for it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You will know when they announce it. What’s odd in this whole scenario, is that no one is under the obligation to inform anyone. The govt has washed their hands of helping anyone to get the vaccine. It’s the private industry’s role to manage it, and they’re not getting much money for it.

thanks. just trying to help some riskier folks know when to get in line.

Just now, strangulation! said:

thanks. just trying to help some riskier folks know when to get in line.

I hear you. I’m disappointed of the lack of govt coordination and clear instructions for people. My assumption is that with any big program, it’s a cluster in the initial days and will get figured out in the upcoming weeks.

if you have the flexibility, I would ask places, with the vaccine, if there is a waiting list that you (or others) can get on. You might get a call asking you to show up right now as vaccines that will be wasted if not used today.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Retail locations do not know when they will be vaccinating individuals in stores.

I know this because my wife runs a pharmacy.

ETA: Vaccine doses are not even being stored, etc at most retail locations. They are being distributed from a centralized location, I believe.

CVS handling nursing homes is what allows H‑E‑B to immunize 1a in stores currently.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I hear you. I’m disappointed of the lack of govt coordination and clear instructions for people. My assumption is that with any big program, it’s a cluster in the initial days and will get figured out in the upcoming weeks.
if you have the flexibility, I would ask places, with the vaccine, if there is a waiting list that you (or others) can get on. You might get a call asking you to show up right now as vaccines that will be wasted if not used today.  

This.

An H‑E‑B pharmacist called my wife’s CVS the other day because she had an appointment a few days away to get the first dose at H‑E‑B. They had a cancellation so they offered that dose to her, rather than letting it expire that day.

Mrs. Scottsins was stuck closing her store, so the H‑E‑B pharm brought it to her and administered the dose, which I find pretty awesome and encouraging.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1