COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

from what I've read, we're supposed to have 140 million doses of the two dose vaccines before the end of March and 20 million of the one dose vaccine as well so there should be a lot more available in the coming weeks

Edited by Viper

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

I've been reloading the heb site constantly for the last two weeks and have gotten "all times are booked" every time but 3.

Those three I went through every date and time available and all were booked. 

I've never seen the westlake/360 or bee cave/71 ever listed.

Yeah Ive been refreshing like a mother fucker the lat couple days 

13 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

cool!  only 1 site within 10 miles of my hood, but it's in Mesquite and who wants to go there, right?  not 1a or 1b anyway but if there were dozens of places with wide open bookings i might try to sneak in there.

If you are within 10 miles of mesquite, you basically live in mesquite. 

Well, this first dose thoroughly kicked my ass. It felt like my mid/late March COVID experience yesterday and today. I felt worse yesterday but could not get out of bed this AM. Debilitating fatigue, head fog, etc. I *think* I'm starting to break through late this afternoon, though. But that sucked. I hope my second shot doesn't bring more of the same. (A buddy who got his second at the same time/place I did Tuesday sells surgical equipment. He said some surgeons he was talking to said I might not even need the second shot based on my reaction to the first, since it's just a booster. But I won't go down that road because if somebody requires a vaccine to do something, I won't be "fully" vaccinated.)

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Well, this first dose thoroughly kicked my ass. It felt like my mid/late March COVID experience yesterday and today. I felt worse yesterday but could not get out of bed this AM. Debilitating fatigue, head fog, etc. I *think* I'm starting to break through late this afternoon, though. But that sucked. I hope my second shot doesn't bring more of the same. (A buddy who got his second at the same time/place I did Tuesday sells surgical equipment. He said some surgeons he was talking to said I might not even need the second shot based on my reaction to the first, since it's just a booster. But I won't go down that road because if somebody requires a vaccine to do something, I won't be "fully" vaccinated.)

Your reaction to the first shot sounds like my reaction to the second shot.  Moderna or puh-fizer?

47 minutes ago, C-Man said:

when did you start feeling bad in relation to the shot

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

He said some surgeons he was talking to said I might not even need the second shot based on my reaction to the first, since it's just a booster.

So a surgeon doesn't know that the two shots are exactly the same?    It is actually possible you don't need a second.  Same for a ton of people but its not a booster.

9 minutes ago, midtown said:

So a surgeon doesn't know that the two shots are exactly the same?    It is actually possible you don't need a second.  Same for a ton of people but its not a booster.

thought I read that if you already had covid, then a second shot was unnecessary.

21 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

sign up for City of Houston Emergency text alerts. The past two days they've sent two texts with 2000 extra spots open. My neighbor signed up this morning, got a text at 4pm, she has a spot tomorrow. 

I helped 12 people sign up yesterday - today 8 of the 12 got spots for this week. The other 4 had user issues. Go sign up for the text alerts if you're in Houston. 

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

So is it just a free-for-all now? 1a and 1b be damned?

they send out a text with a link, '1800 extra spots available asap'. they're not asking many specifics other than name / address / email / cell. as long as you get that QC code, you're golden. 

in houston, they opened smaller vaccine centers 100% focused on the elderly, people without cell phones and people without vehicles. the city also moved teachers into priority for group 1A/1B. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Anyone know of a “last minute” appointments for Collin County alert system to take shots that may be wasted?

Wife and I are 31, in shape, healthy, etc and don’t want to bend the rules to take an appointment, but also don’t want anything to go to waste.

Just poking around I found several openings and only didn’t book because I couldn’t bring myself to check the “meets 1A/1B” box.