COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

I just got my shot scheduled for next Thursday from Walmart. I’m looking forward to getting this done now that the mask mandate is over. I was ok with waiting a while longer, but screw it. I’m getting a shot as quickly as possible.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

These fucking websites. The HEB one never works, and I’ve tried hundreds of times. Even when I choose one of the very rare ones with like 20 spots available, when it’s time to choose the time it always says “that time slow is already taken”. This morning I’ve also tried CVS, waited, got to where it starts asking you questions, then eventually “oops, can’t continue due to a technical glitch, bye”. But I kept at it and got farther to where it shows you a location and dates, and it asks you to choose a time, and then “sorry all time slots are taken”. Fuck this bullshit.

These fucking websites. The HEB one never works, and I’ve tried hundreds of times. Even when I choose one of the very rare ones with like 20 spots available, when it’s time to choose the time it always says “that time slow is already taken”. This morning I’ve also tried CVS, waited, got to where it starts asking you questions, then eventually “oops, can’t continue due to a technical glitch, bye”. But I kept at it and got farther to where it shows you a location and dates, and it asks you to choose a time, and then “sorry all time slots are taken”. Fuck this bullshit.

Try Walmart. That’s where I got my appointment.

33 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Keep at it.  When it says "technical glitch", use a browser in private mode or something because it is timing you out as you tried too many times or some bullshit.  I just spent the last 2 days getting appointments for my parents and I got that system figured out.  If you use your phone, once you get to the part that asks your location, just keep hitting the "use my devices location" button over and over until an appointment pops up.  Sometimes the times are taken and you just have to try again, eventually a location with times will pop up...

This appt scheduling shit is a bitch. Why do Walgreens and HEB want me to set up an account? Do you have to do that first to get an appt? @theroyalwe, where do you live? I'll fucking go during work hours now. Fucking Greg Abbott asshole...that is how they should introduce him now. The governor of Texas,  fucking Greg Abbott asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, XYZ said:

I've had the same issues for the past few weeks.   I've just decided to wait, hoping there will be a vaccine glut in April/May.  My anti-infection protocol has worked for the past year, so I'm good for the next few months.   And, my protocol only gets better with time, because each person getting vaccinated now is one less person that I can catch the virus from. 

1 minute ago, Shaggybevo said:

I've had the same issues for the past few weeks.   I've just decided to wait, hoping there will be a vaccine glut in April/May.  My anti-infection protocol has worked for the past year, so I'm good for the next few months.   And, my protocol only gets better with time, because each person getting vaccinated now is one less person that I can catch the virus from. 

I think I’ll do the same.

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

This appt scheduling shit is a bitch. Why do Walgreens and HEB want me to set up an account? Do you have to do that first to get an appt? @theroyalwe, where do you live? I'll fucking go during work hours now. Fucking Greg Abbott asshole...that is how they should introduce him now. The governor of Texas,  fucking Greg Abbott asshole. 

I'm in East Texas, my appointment is in Center of all places.  It was pretty painless to schedule it through CVS' system.

I got my MIL scheduled for Monday morning through Walmart. She’s 81 and a two time cancer survivor. She doesn’t use the internet or have a smart phone, so she probably would have been one of the last to get it despite being one of the most vulnerable. My wife and I are very relieved to get her in the books soon. My wife got her first shot today and said it was about like getting the flu shot. By the end of the month, my immediate family circle in the Houston area will be vaccinated completely. Whew.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, Hate said:

I just got my shot scheduled for next Thursday from Walmart. I’m looking forward to getting this done now that the mask mandate is over. I was ok with waiting a while longer, but screw it. I’m getting a shot as quickly as possible.

same. 

we-should-totally-hang-out.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

any olds having trouble getting appointments in the Austin area PM me.  friend has a software tool he created to get an HEB appointment and is trying to help out 1Bs (only) with it.  it basically does the mind numbing infuriating work of refreshing and trying to get the appointment and if it gets kicked out it just keeps trying until it works.  can't do a ton all at once he has others he's trying to help but I can get you in line.  it's random, you don't get a choice of when or where but it works without all the horseshit.  Austin only, gotta be flexible and take what the registration site gives.  PM me, we will chat.  1b/olds only.  fuck all you young assholes, not sure I like you anyway.  jk I like the noobs too.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, troph said:

any olds having trouble getting appointments in the Austin area PM me.  friend has a software tool he created to get an HEB appointment and is trying to help out 1Bs (only) with it.  it basically does the mind numbing infuriating work of refreshing and trying to get the appointment and if it gets kicked out it just keeps trying until it works.  can't do a ton all at once he has others he's trying to help but I can get you in line.  it's random, you don't get a choice of when or where but it works without all the horseshit.  Austin only, gotta be flexible and take what the registration site gives.  PM me, we will chat.  1b/olds only.  fuck all you young assholes, not sure I like you anyway.  jk I like the noobs too.

how much has your friend made off of RTX 3080s?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

how much has your friend made off of RTX 3080s?

I don't follow.  sorry not a tech person.  If he would do it for anyone I'd ask but he's upset that old folks are getting left behind because of the technology. nice thing to do, I told him I'd ask around.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I don't follow.  sorry not a tech person.  If he would do it for anyone I'd ask but he's upset that old folks are getting left behind because of the technology. nice thing to do, I told him I'd ask around.

just sounds like the same sort of bot that checks stock at newegg/amazon/wherever and then buys up whatever graphics cards it can. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Walmart Lampasas on Thursday. Holy crap, their customer questionnaire was a weird. Whatevs, confirmed appt for vaccine manufacturer may vary. Woohoo. 

Be sure to stop at Storm's or Bill's and get a cheeseburger.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shaggybevo said:

That's great!  So, you're telling me my 87 year old mom that lives in South Texas and has been on all wait lists for a month has a chance??

Can you get her up to Austin on a moments notice ? I’ll try and get her scheduled if you want - not sure my guys “parameters” for his bot to work well but we can try. 

8 hours ago, kevwun said:

I was really tired and had a tennis ball sized knot on my arm.  The fatigue went away over night, but the knot and sore arm lasted awhile.  Don't care, got vaccinated.

Ive heard of people getting that big ass knot on the arm.  Wife got second shot at APH this week but other than fatigue and a bit of a headache both shots were pretty much a non event for her.

Update - we can do old folks struggling in other parts of the state it looks like. Got grandparents or parents ground up in the bullshit PM me. We will need grandmas DOB name email and phone so you gotta trust I guess but it’s working for folks so PM.

F Abbott. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hey Catholic Church. Stick to religion. Don’t dabble in science.

For anybody who hasn’t heard:

https://apple.news/AVoIxWU4LTgKLLC2IKySJlw

Nevermind that numerous other vaccines use this technology (Hep A, chickenpox, shingles, MMR). Let’s scare the shit out of people by saying it isn’t morally right to take a vaccine to protect yourself and others.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Hey Catholic Church. Stick to religion. Don’t dabble in science.

For anybody who hasn’t heard:

https://apple.news/AVoIxWU4LTgKLLC2IKySJlw

Nevermind that numerous other vaccines use this technology (Hep A, chickenpox, shingles, MMR). Let’s scare the shit out of people by saying it isn’t morally right to take a vaccine to protect yourself and others.

One or two kids out of a Catholic family’s ten should survive the pandemic without the vaccine.