COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

My wife is a pharmacist and I asked her if she can give a Moderna or Phizer vaccine if someone has had a J&J previously. She replied that she could not and they would have to wait on the J&J booster. She’s not in Texas, but I’m pretty sure all their vaccine information gets loaded into the state database and then into the national database. Just want to pass along what she told me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

See man, it's these damn state databases man!  I ain't going into no government database to track my vaccines or lack of vaccines.  None of their business, damn HIPAA violation you ask me!  Muh freedoms!  

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go enter my register rewards at CVS which tracks every single prescription drug, OTC drug, candy, vitamin, facial cleanser, and boxed wine purchase I've made over the last 15 years with absolutely zero reservation because I sometimes get free gum.  

As a privacy nut myself, I'd take some of you anti-vaccination folks more seriously if you didn't spend half your consumer lifespan giving up all your information to save up for a new discman.  

Edited by Lobo

15 minutes ago, EE2B said:

My wife is a pharmacist and I asked her if she can give a Moderna or Phizer vaccine if someone has had a J&J previously. She replied that she could not and they would have to wait on the J&J booster. She’s not in Texas, but I’m pretty sure all their vaccine information gets loaded into the state database and then into the national database. Just want to pass along what she told me.

If I recall correctly, every entity that enrolled with the state C19 vax distribution network was required to upload their vaccination information to Texas DSHS.  Now whether they ping that database to confirm unvaccinated status prior to administering a dose is not clear to me.  That part may be highly variable based on whether you are at CVS, Walgreens, etc. vs an independent vs your doctors office. 

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

If I recall correctly, every entity that enrolled with the state C19 vax distribution network was required to upload their vaccination information to Texas DSHS.  Now whether they ping that database to confirm unvaccinated status prior to administering a dose is not clear to me.  That part may be highly variable based on whether you are at CVS, Walgreens, etc. vs an independent vs your doctors office. 

The database is called Immtrac,  and yes its run by dshs.

• Hook 'Em 1

So I had Pfizer shot 2 in early Feb.  asked my MD Tuesday if I should get a third shot since we’re approaching 6 months.  Response was surprising.  “I cannot tell you to get a third shot.  There are reasons Pfizer wants a third shot that aren’t really related to protection.  But I can tell you that if you tolerated the first two shots well there’s no reason why you shouldn’t tolerate a third.”

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

VERSA?  LOL. 

I hope that the next pandemic is transmitted exclusively through FB and nextdoor. 

Oh, it gets even better.  I follow Jerry Patterson on FB (he was a good land commissioner -- I worked with him occasionally, and he ran a good ship).  He cited the Texas Tribune article on how there have been 9k COVID deaths in Texas since February, and all but 43 were unvaccinated.  The overwhelming response was "it's because of all the illegals!"  No response, of course, to the people who noted that the biggest COVID spikes are in NON-border states.  But the real gem was the immediate link to THIS article, to get back to your VERSA point:  https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/covid-19-vaccine-related-fatalities-exceed-12000

See the headline -- which is a flat-out lie, PER the article itself: "COVID-19 Vaccine Related Fatalities Exceed 12,000."  Yet the article itself says what you and I know:

The CDC’s website says, ‘Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. This is because the U.S. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after a COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.

The LITERAL thing that the anti-vaxxer, COVID is a hoax crowd accuse hospitals of -- "they report every death as a COVID death!  if you had the sniffles, COVID death!" -- they are happy to do with respect to the vaccines -- if you were vaccinated, and later died (of ANY CAUSE), then it's a "vaccine-related fatality."  The fucking twisted lack of logic still blows me away.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

So I had Pfizer shot 2 in early Feb.  asked my MD Tuesday if I should get a third shot since we’re approaching 6 months.  Response was surprising.  “I cannot tell you to get a third shot.  There are reasons Pfizer wants a third shot that aren’t really related to protection.  But I can tell you that if you tolerated the first two shots well there’s no reason why you shouldn’t tolerate a third.”

I'm sure Pfizer wants to make money but this opinion also says just as much about the person saying it as Pfizer. A fair question back to that doc is whether the point of the annual physical is money for the doc not healthcare purposes.

I'm not naïve about profits but I assume Pfizer has data that tells them that the 3rd shot offers material, increased protection and not just 95% to 95.2%. Just like the annual physical and tests helps the doctor identify problems early on.

6 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Brisket is Tucker Carlson? That explains soooo much.

The only thing we have in common is that we both like frozen turkey tv dinners.

If I ever wear a bow tie, it will be the only thing I wear.

Kind of like this:

JoeyPena-73finalcropped.jpg

Except, ummm, more like this:

Over-25-years-later-the-sketch-that-laun

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure Pfizer wants to make money but this opinion also says just as much about the person saying it as Pfizer. A fair question back to that doc is whether the point of the annual physical is money for the doc not healthcare purposes.

I'm not naïve about profits but I assume Pfizer has data that tells them that the 3rd shot offers material, increased protection and not just 95% to 95.2%. Just like the annual physical and tests helps the doctor identify problems early on.

I think the doc was saying "my bosses won't allow me to tell you to get a third shot, and there are some ulterior motives on Pfizer's part, but it's probably fine."

10 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I think the doc was saying "my bosses won't allow me to tell you to get a third shot, and there are some ulterior motives on Pfizer's part, but it's probably fine."

Makes sense. I'm right there with in thinking of a 3rd shot. I'm not worried about it killing me, but I went from basically no problems but a sore arm with shot #1, to feeling like hell for 1-2 days with shot #2. I do wonder if that trend would continue with a 3rd shot. 

However it seems less likely that a 3rd shot side effects could last more than 2 days since my understanding is that the vaccine itself is out of the body within that time.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, rpspeed said:

Y'all still think we are going to get herd immunity

spacer.png

So it sounds like this guy's 'moral' stand is that nobody can tell him what to do.  And he'll die before he lets someone tell him what to do.  

I would like to read the arrest report if he actually pulls a gun on someone because they come to his door.

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I may be misremembering, but wasn't a booster dose always part of what we would do as the virus evolved?  

I think that most people expected a booster at something like 12 months.  I think that the current discussion is slightly different, since it's really playing out around the idea of whether an early booster is needed to protect against delta. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that most people expected a booster at something like 12 months.  I think that the current discussion is slightly different, since it's really playing out around the idea of whether an early booster is needed to protect against delta. 

I imagine that like most things, it's on a bit of a curve. I'd bet (note: speculation without supporting data) that getting a booster does improve your protection against delta on the order a few percentage points if you already had both doses of an mRNA vax. Compared to say, a J&J vaxxed person who may see more like a 10-15% net increase in protection (assuming there's no medical risk to mixing vaccines, etc etc)

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I imagine that like most things, it's on a bit of a curve. I'd bet (note: speculation without supporting data) that getting a booster does improve your protection against delta on the order a few percentage points if you already had both doses of an mRNA vax. Compared to say, a J&J vaxxed person who may see more like a 10-15% net increase in protection (assuming there's no medical risk to mixing vaccines, etc etc)

I think that's right.  Seems to me that the biggest opportunity to see a meaningful incremental benefit is among those (in order): 1) that got JNJ and are frail elderly or immunocompromised; ; 2) that got 2 mRNA shots and are frail elderly or immunocompromised; 3) that broadly got 1 shot JNJ.

Today, Travis County crossed the 70% first shot boundary for the population over 12, using 2021 population estimates.  So if everyone gets second shots, we are 5-6 weeks away from "herd immunity" using just the vaccinated numbers.  Between the high vax rate and the delta spike, I think this is really the last wave for Travis.

Rural Texas ... y'all have a ways to go.

• Hook 'Em 2

^re:  College Station

I know nobody will admit to it on this thread, but some of y'all have to be so fucking embarrassed that your little "taking a stand" moment lumps you in with nothing but Aggies and dead people.  What an esteemed dais you find yourselves on in a futile effort to finally do something with your life.  Call your parents, they must be so proud.

I pointed out to my dumbass antivax brother that the states and areas with the lowest vax rates are also uniformly at the top of the least educated, poorest, fattest, unhealthiest, methiest places in the goddamn country. So either these people literally can't figure out a single good decision for their health OR they always choose poorly EXCEPT here they all uniformly somehow got it right on not getting vaxxed. 

It worked roughly as expected. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

NINTCHDBPICT000667614451.jpg?w=620

OOOPS.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15668743/man-dies-of-covid-after-posting-99-problems-tweet/

A VOCAL Covid vaccine denier who quipped, “I got 99 problems but a vax ain’t one” has died from the virus after fighting it for a month.

Have to immortalized this idiot with his picture. Funny he was praying for a miracle at the end. Oddly enough had he gotten just 2 simple shots, he wouldn't be a pathetic bitch wishing on a star to save his life. I have no sympathy for idiots willingly choosing this path and crowing about it.

NINTCHDBPICT000667614228-1.jpg?w=620

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

I pointed out to my dumbass antivax brother that the states and areas with the lowest vax rates are also uniformly at the top of the least educated, poorest, fattest, unhealthiest, methiest places in the goddamn country. So either these people literally can't figure out a single good decision for their health OR they always choose poorly EXCEPT here they all uniformly somehow got it right on not getting vaxxed. 

It worked roughly as expected. 

You knew the expected results before you started talking but I know you enjoyed having him listen to it.

• Haha 1

https://www.kcra.com/article/dying-to-ask-podcast-mike-sayers-tokyo-olympics/37022022

She said she spent the last year urging her brother to get vaccinated as soon as he could.

"I said, 'Brad, I'm begging you.' And it just got to where I had to stop. As a big sister, because I'm his oldest sister, it's always, 'nag, nag, nag,'" Burdell said. "I feel guilty sometimes for not pushing it harder."

She said she stopped texting him and talking with him about the COVID-19 vaccine because she felt it was driving a wedge between them.

"Not in a million years did I think I would lose my brother to something like this," Burdell said. "So I am begging my friends and my family to take this seriously."

Mia said she and Brad didn't seek out the COVID-19 vaccination. They weren't ready.

"We weren't vaccinated. We wanted to wait and see how people reacted to it," Mia said. "But we waited too long."

On July 11, six days before his death, Brad shared his final message to friends on his Facebook page.

"His last post was, 'Please go get vaccinated .... This is nothing nice,'" Mia explained. "That was his last post."

Now, Mia is determined to do her part, trying to protect others, by sharing his story. She said it's what Brad would have wanted her to do.

"If I can save one life for Brad then, you know, it doesn't have to be in vain," said Mia. "It's not gonna go away until everybody's vaccinated."

Just within the past week, Mia said at least two dozen of the couple's "vaccine hesitant" friends have sent messages to her saying that after holding out, they have either received or scheduled their first vaccine shots after hearing Brad's story.

Brad's famous last words. This is what happens when stupid people try to outsmart doctors and science.

But hey, all his facebook friends Liked these posts. At least he had that going for him, until he died.

Brad Bradster Vinnard
February 1 · 

It's not about fighting a disease

Benefits as to why one should take a experimental vaccine :

1. Can I stop wearing a mask?
No

2. Can they reopen restaurants etc and everyone work normally?
No

3. Will I be resistant to COVID?
Maybe, but they don't know exactly. It probably won't stop me getting it.

4. At least I won't be contagious to others, right?
No, you can still carry covid and pass it on. Either internally or by external contact

5. If we vaccinate children, will schools resume normally?
No. Absolutely NO research has been done on children or Pregnant women.

6. If I'm vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?
No

7. If I'm vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands?
No. You should have been doing this long before covid.

8. If I vaccinate myself and my grandpa, can we hug each other?
No

9. Will movie theaters, stadiums etc. be reopened thanks to vaccines?
No

10. Will the vaccinated be able to gather?
No

11. What's the real benefit to vaccination?
The virus won't kill you.

12. Are you sure it won't kill me?
No

13. If statistically the virus doesn't kill me anyway, why would I get vaccinated?
To protect others.

14. So if I get vaccinated, is everyone sure that I'm not infecting them?
No

15. Have some died as a side effect of being Vaccinated?
Yes

16. Will they publically keep track of deaths due to being vaccinated.
No

17. Is this FDA approved?
No, it's been "approved" for emergencies only.

18. So I can die of Covid and I can die from receiving the vaccine?
Yes

19. What are the long term effects?
Nobody knows, this is a global mass experimental vaccine.

20. Does this vaccine have any effect on DNA?
Yes, it attempts to alter your mRNA effecting your bodies immune response.

21. Is there some religious or ethical issues with ingrediants use.
Yes.

22. Is this vaccine safe for the sick elderly, aged and/or weak?
Zero research has been done.

So, the EXPERIMENTAL vaccine doesn't give immunity.
Doesn't eliminate the virus.
Doesn't prevent death.
Doesn't guarantee you won't get COVID.
Doesn't prevent you from getting COVID.
Doesn't stop you from passing it on.
Doesn't eliminate the need for travel bans.
Doesn't eliminate the need for business closures.
Doesn't eliminate the need for lockdowns.
Doesn't eliminate the need for masks.
So...why should I be vaccinated?🤷‍♀️

(Copied because somebody needs to share truth)

Brad Bradster Vinnard
January 3 · 

Funny thing is, since I stopped getting flu shots every year , I stopped getting the flu every year ... very strange!!

• Rage+1 1

and another. this lady was s special kind of stupid who tried her best to downplay covid and vaccines. 

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-supporter-who-protested-against-vaccinations-dies-covid-19-1611673

Zuern opposed local vaccinations efforts, both as a member of the county government council, the Barnstable County Assembly of Delegates, and as a volunteer with a local conservative group called United Cape Patriots.

Last December, while serving her third term on the Assembly, she pushed for local doctors to use hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 patients. Trump had also promoted the same anti-malaria medication for that very purpose. But in June 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said that scientific evidence didn't indicate any significant benefits that outweighed the drug's potential risks.

In the same meeting, Zuern also criticized the Barnstable County Department of Health for not examining methods to prevent people from contracting COVID-19. The department's director, Sean O'Brien, said the department's prevention plan was focused on testing and rolling out the newly-developed vaccines.

Last week, Zuern was one of four people who protested in Provincetown against the state's VaxBus program. The bus is a mobile vaccination unit to help inoculate rural residents who might lack access to nearby health clinics.

On her social media, Zuern shared posts claiming that COVID-19 was a man-made virus used by "globalists" to push the "UN Agenda 2030" for a one-world government. She also shared posts pushing the QAnon conspiracy theory, opposing Critical Race Theory in schools and repeating the claim that voter fraud "stole" the 2020 election from Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

I dunno, on the one hand...I wanna reach herd immunity and we need many more stubborn adult Texans to get the shots.  On the other hand, I like watching people pay for their ideologies and misplaced worship.  Human suffering isn't the bad thing it's been historically made out to be.  

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I signed up for a 3rd Pfizer shot later today. I will document my transition to a zombie over the weekend in this thread.

I'm planning to go on a vacation in 2 weeks and wanted a booster. FYI, 2 weeks ago I hit 6 months since my 2nd pfizer shot.

I didn't realize this is a thing yet. Googling now.

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I didn't realize this is a thing yet. Googling now.

It's not but I don't believe there is a process to prevent it. To my knowledge, Israel is the only country allowing a 3rd Pfizer shot. Worse case, I'm turned away if they somehow find out.

Also I wouldn't be doing this if I thought I was taking the shot away from someone else. But I don't believe that is the case.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1