Brockmire

mbtex

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

You didn't see the one where they go on a bender together in that mansion?  And then he ends up in rehab?  

Nope, damned DVR at the time must have fucked me. It tried to do the same thing with last night's episode. It was set to record Ep2 but for some reason did not consider the season premiere as a first run showing, had to tell it to record it once.

The fake Ken Burns intro about the first guy with the Yips was amazing.  

Dolores Karns-Godwin

"Some say having the game taken from him drove him insane.  I would argue it was the syphilis."

Edited by WBT

I'm not going to read this thread because I don't want to see spoilers, but I don't know how in the hell I never discovered this fucking genius of a show.

I happened to catch a couple of episodes on a flight home from Europe in Feb, and the synopsis looked interesting enough.  Holy shit I was blown away.  I've only been able to watch through half of S2, but I'm stuck because YouTubeTV doesn't have the back catalog.  I've recorded all the S3 episodes, but I don't have a way to watch the back half of S2.  Hopefully my United flight out to Germany in May will have them.

This is one of my favorite shows ever, and the Brockmire character has to be one of my Top 10 characters ever.

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are they not all on the ifc app?

There's an IFC app?  Fuck me.  Usually I just tag a show and the back catalog comes up.  I tried using the USA app to get all the Shooter episodes, but they weren't all there, which makes no fucking sense.  Do you want me to watch your damn show or not?

On 4/20/2019 at 5:32 PM, Wiler77 said:

I'm not going to read this thread because I don't want to see spoilers, but I don't know how in the hell I never discovered this fucking genius of a show.

I happened to catch a couple of episodes on a flight home from Europe in Feb, and the synopsis looked interesting enough.  Holy shit I was blown away.  I've only been able to watch through half of S2, but I'm stuck because YouTubeTV doesn't have the back catalog.  I've recorded all the S3 episodes, but I don't have a way to watch the back half of S2.  Hopefully my United flight out to Germany in May will have them.

This is one of my favorite shows ever, and the Brockmire character has to be one of my Top 10 characters ever.

I have told anyone who would listen about Brockmire, and usually the response I get from people is that they can't find it on their TV / streaming / etc.

Last week I finally had someone text me out of the blue and mention that they watched Brockmire on my rec and that it's amazing and damn why couldn't they have watched this sooner because it's so great, etc. etc. 

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Damn, Alice plays a damn good villain.   

It might be my asperger's acting up but she said there were 9 possible pitch counts.  I count 12, or 11 if you assume the announcer never says 0-0 at the start of the bat.

I am assuming she is not counting 0-0, 4-0, 4-1, 4-2 and no counts ending in 3.

45 minutes ago, bamachine said:

I am assuming she is not counting 0-0, 4-0, 4-1, 4-2 and no counts ending in 3.

There are still 12 counts or 11 not counting 0-0.  4 (0, 1, 2, 3) × 3 (0, 1,2).

That line jumped out to me too.  The writing staff can't do math and didn't take the time to just list them out.

Edited by WBT

48 minutes ago, WBT said:

There are still 12 counts or 11 not counting 0-0.  4 (0, 1, 2, 3) × 3 (0, 1,2).

That line jumped out to me too.  The writing staff can't do math and didn't take the time to just list them out.

I even forgot 0-1 and 0-2, hence I was counting only 9 as well. Maths is hard, yo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the opening with the stunt guy was pretty funny in a dark way.  Amanda Peete isn't funny enough to carry a whole episode on her own though.  They'd better hurry up and get funny fast otherwise this show is going into the Eternal Flame.  Maybe Brockmire will start drinking/partying again, I'd watch that. 

The rant by Brockmire about New York a couple episodes back, that was the only time I laughed out loud.  The stuntman and eternal flame visitor center had me chuckling a bit in murmured breath.  I realize everything right now is through a lens despite it being made months ago, and some of the apocalypse jokes are actually incredibly well-timed given they didn't know what would be happening in 2020, let alone 2030.  So I'll give 'em bonus points there, but it's just too scattered.  Anyway, let's be honest---we're gonna keep watching because new content is few and far between and this is literally a show about what happens if there's no baseball in America due to political and public health strife.  

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Couple one liners each episode but more the most part this final season has been pretty blah

Yeah well, maybe you should observe Cocaine Wednesdays with Jules.