What will happen to Herman if we make the CCG but lose?

perfectchaos007

What happens to Herman if we lose the CCG?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What happens to Herman if we lose the CCG?

• He's fired after the season
    • He's not fired after the season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/20 at 06:06 AM

It's year 4 in the Tom Herman era and I think it's pretty clear that if Texas doesn't make the CCG this season, Herman is shown the door. It's also a safe bet that if we win the Big 12, Herman is retained. 

But What happens if Texas makes the CCG and loses? My nightmare is we make the CCG and lose and Herman is retained because it's 2020 and everything sucks. 

Herman will get “stolen away” from Texas by taking the Houston Texans job. His ego is too big to get fired. Texas won’t have to pay his buyout, and he has to sulk back to Houston like the Judas he is, tail between his legs. Poetic justice.

Edited by MrBig
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Herman will get “stolen away” from Texas by taking the Houston Texans job. His ego is too big to get fired. Texas won’t have to pay his buyout, and he has to sulk back to Houston like the Judas he is, tail between his legs. Poetic justice.

Really?  The Texans would hire Herman?  Seems like an odd choice.  But I saw on Deadspin they just fired some gal everyone thought was great.  Maybe they are really into mediocracy.  

9 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Both teams started the season like pure shit. One team was replacing a fuck ton of players with a 1st year QB.  The other team is filled with JRs and SRs with a 4th year starter at QB.  One team is improving week by week and looks fucking good rolling through their opponents.  The other team is just now learning how to barely win games against sub par opponents looking like shit doing it.

ou is going to roll us in the championship game. We were fucking lucky to make that come back against them.  Herman is 1/10th the coach Riley is.  He is about to be 1-5 against our main rival.  Fucking embarrassing.  This used to be an actual rivalry, where we were the better team most years.  We are ou’s bitch and we’re a fucking game winning field goal from being 0-5 against them under Herman.  

Fuck Herman.  Fire his incompetent ass and pay Urban 10 million.  Fucking pay him 15 million, I don’t care.  I’m tired of us being a terrible program.  We are irrelevant on the national stage and we are irrelevant with all the elite recruits in our own state, on our own city, and with our own fucking legacy players.

Yep, we have become another OSU, and not the good one. Might as well change RRR to Bedlam.

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Somebody should remind CDC we haven’t won this goofy conference in 11 seasons despite being the most talented team year in and year out. This season we have 17 players back and 4th year senior QB. If he doesn’t win the Big 12 this year he needs to gtfo point blank

Exactly.  This was a down year in the big 12.  If he can’t win it this year, he never will.  That tcu loss was very telling.  He has now lost to tcu two years in a row.  Tcu didn’t even make a fucking bowl game last year and they look fucking terrible this year again.  Fire turtle Tom.  

ISU won’t even call us in the morning after fucking our faces raw. But OU looks like OU every week hanging 60 getting better and actually practicing the game.  We look like case McCoy fucking Connor wood level of football each week with a supposed loaded team and a once upon a time heisman and playoff dark horse 

12 hours ago, TexasEd said:

With OU winning would we see an OU OSU rematch before Texas even gets in?

I have not done the math

First tie break is head to head. In this case you would throw that out since there are (theoretically) 4 teams at 2 losses, assuming we win out.  We would have a 2-1 record against the other 3. (W vs ISU and OSU L OU). I think that puts us in with OU (w TX and Osu and L vs ISU) 

8 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

It should depend on who his replacement should be. If Urban will come, you hire Urban and fire Tom. If Urban will not come, then you probably keep Tom.

Exactly what I was going to post. IT DEPENDS. If Suburban is coming, bye bye Tommy. Otherwise, you take the chance of not only not doing better, but possibly doing worse. Someone has to enlighten me on who other than Suburban has at least an 80% chance of being better than Tommy boy? Saban and Swiney aren't coming to TX, neither is Stoops and Mack is past his time.

41 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

It should depend on who his replacement should be. If Urban will come, you hire Urban and fire Tom. If Urban will not come, then you probably keep Tom.

Yeah. If you can get Urban, it shouldn't matter what Herman does from here out...you get Urban. He's a top-10 all-time coach. If you can get him, you get him, regardless of whether Herman can slop out some wins against the likes of Iowa State and Kansas State and even Oklahoma in a potential CCG. None of that changes the fact that Herman has already failed and that he is far, far inferior to Urban Meyer.

That said, if you can't get Urban...then yeah, who are we talking about, and is it worth the Herman buyout, etc? Don't get me wrong, I think Herman is completely mediocre and that he's going to be somewhere between 6-6 and 9-3 every year that he's here...but if you can't get Urban, I don't know who figures to be available this year that excites me that much.

That's not to say I don't think guys like Cristobol or Fickell or whoever aren't better coaches than Tom...I'm just not sure how much better, or if the value they add over Tom is worth the investment. 

tl;dr: get Urban. 

40 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Exactly what I was going to post. IT DEPENDS. If Suburban is coming, bye bye Tommy. Otherwise, you take the chance of not only not doing better, but possibly doing worse. Someone has to enlighten me on who other than Suburban has at least an 80% chance of being better than Tommy boy? Saban and Swiney aren't coming to TX, neither is Stoops and Mack is past his time.

Matt Campbell. There are no guarantees he would make this team elite but he would still be an upgrade.

2 hours ago, Hard Times said:

Exactly what I was going to post. IT DEPENDS. If Suburban is coming, bye bye Tommy. Otherwise, you take the chance of not only not doing better, but possibly doing worse. 

No, that's a chance you have to take.  When you know someone's not the guy, you have to move on.  Repeat until we luck into a good coach.  And it will be luck since the powers that be obviously can't reliably find one.