Texas opens as a pick em v Iowa State

TexasMan

It was the 2010 Iowa State game at DKR, in my opinion, that begins the Dark Decade for Longhorn football that we are still mired in today.  So I wish you nice Cyclone fans a happy, safe, and Covid-19 free Thanksgiving.  But come Friday morning, y'all can go fuck yourselves.  

I’m really envious that you’ve just completely erased the ass kicking UCLA laid on Texas, at home, from memory.

Some guy on Cyclone Fanatic is claiming that we have a significant player who will miss the game.  No one is talking about COVID numbers being bad.
If it's Hall, I'll probably just go outside and start breaking things.  It's also possible that it's nothing as this guy was sure that Farmageddon was getting canceled.

TBF, Kansas State obviously thought the game was cancelled too.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I immediately thought you were talking about 1997’s Rout 66 but with all the losses of this decade I forgot about the 34-12 game, where we couldn’t stop the fucking Pistol formation, that The Weasel unleashed. Fuck me.

I was at the ISU loss in ‘10 that Lobo references. It was the most lackluster pathetic effort to a bad team I’ve ever seen and if memory serves it was right after we were “back” after upsetting #6 Nebraska in Lincoln to pull to 4-2. My drive back to Dallas was not at all fun.

Edited by Ignatius
I’m drunk

57 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Holy shit that would be a massive loss. He is one of or not the best LB in the country. 

Why wouldnt they cook up justification not to play? Seemingly better justification than FSU. Make the bitchass B12 call a forfeit during a pandemic, lulz. Why would they play this game if they have a potential out? 

16 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That offensive rank is skewed by injuries. OU and then Texas have the best offenses by far in this league. ISU is adequate but just as Sam has seemingly regressed (I contend he’s been hurt the last 3 games), Purdy has probably regressed further. 

This game could be tight for much of the game with ISU’s D, and our resurgent D. Chris Ash and our boys have done work the last several games and it shows. I still think we’re gonna open it up at some point and win like 38-21. I foresee balance early, heavy Bijan use in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and then Sam is responsible for a few TDs in the 4th. 

Our offense looked good against UTEP and Tech. Otherwise we've been regressing every game. Sam has to be injured, but we aren't doing anything to help him either. We've had weird personnel decisions (Bijan getting 5 carries in a half, everything we do with our TEs), crappy o-line play, conservative play calls, receivers can't get separation, etc.

23 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

I'm rooting for this. Don't tar and feather me, he'll live. Just need him to miss Friday. 

Yeah, screw this thought. I want everyone's best shot with their best on the field. What a defeatist attitude and lack of sack. No tar, but damn, our fanbase needs a gut check and manhood restored. If we lose it should be because the other team was better and wanted it more. Fuck luck. Go out and impose your will on the team in front of you and make sure they know you are going to knock them down and will do it again if they get back up. Take the win, Pussy. 🤘😈🤘

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

People on the ISU board are pretty confident he's playing.  The question is how hampered he'll be/how many snaps he can take.

Good, I hope he plays. Also, hope he regrets it.  😀

• Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Yeah, screw this thought. I want everyone's best shot with their best on the field. What a defeatist attitude and lack of sack. No tar, but damn, our fanbase needs a gut check and manhood restored. If we lose it should be because the other team was better and wanted it more. Fuck luck. Go out and impose your will on the team in front of you and make sure they know you are going to knock them down and will do it again if they get back up. Take the win, Pussy. 🤘😈🤘

Good, I hope he plays. Also, hope he regrets it.  😀

Lol fuck you, Rudy. Did you practice that in your mirror this morning? You act like this team we are fielding is just full of bad asses. Since when in the last 10 years has a longhorn team done any of those lame ass coach speak things you mention? If another team is missing a guy, fuck it we'll take the charity. Fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

Lol fuck you, Rudy. Did you practice that in your mirror this morning? You act like this team we are fielding is just full of bad asses. Since when in the last 10 years has a longhorn team done any of those lame ass coach speak things you mention? If another team is missing a guy, fuck it we'll take the charity. Fuck off. 

Nope, shot from the hip, Francis. Off the top of my head, Georgia, Utah, LSU, Oklahoma (2018 until Tom went Turtle and it took the kicker to do it.). Conversely, how many times have we had the more talented team only to get hit in said mouth and fold like bitches? (Too many to list. Thanks Tom!) 

We can go back and forth, but hoping for the other team's best defensive player to not play so we get a win is fairly weak, imo. You even hedged your statement with, "Don't tar and feather me,..." because you know it's weak. I'll take a win over a loss any day, but won't act like a bitch and hope the other team shows up limping. Did you cross your fingers on each hand and your toes when you typed that? 🙄 Happy Thanksgiving!

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Then I don't understand what you're saying. That, depending on the weather, it could wind up going over or under? 

Mentioned this on page 1 of this thread on Sunday....

Interesting O/U 58.5... A bit higher than last four ISU/TEXAS games

ISU vs Texas Results for Matt Campbell

• 2016     Texas Won             27 - 6 
  • 2017      Texas Won.           17 - 7
  • 2018·    Texas Won             24 - 10
  • 2019      Iowa State Won     23 - 21

Just saying as we get closer to the game and rain chances of 70% seem more likely, the recent O/U line of 58pts (Tuesday)  "Might be an interesting over/under bet".

Btw, Vegas seems to agree with my statement.... the over/under bet has been  lowered to 56.5points. 

Iowa State now favored at -1

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/23/2020 at 6:27 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

That offensive rank is skewed by injuries. OU and then Texas have the best offenses by far in this league. ISU is adequate but just as Sam has seemingly regressed (I contend he’s been hurt the last 3 games), Purdy has probably regressed further. 

This game could be tight for much of the game with ISU’s D, and our resurgent D. Chris Ash and our boys have done work the last several games and it shows. I still think we’re gonna open it up at some point and win like 38-21. I foresee balance early, heavy Bijan use in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and then Sam is responsible for a few TDs in the 4th. 

I followed along in agreement with everything until the until the game plan part. What you said made to much sense. No Cade brewer out wide, no waiting till the 4th quarter while down to run our best offense, and no head scratching special teams play? Fuck it I’ll drink the kool aid you’re selling. Show me a loss. 

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

Nope, shot from the hip, Francis. Off the top of my head, Georgia, Utah, LSU, Oklahoma (2018 until Tom went Turtle and it took the kicker to do it.). Conversely, how many times have we had the more talented team only to get hit in said mouth and fold like bitches? (Too many to list. Thanks Tom!) 

We can go back and forth, but hoping for the other team's best defensive player to not play so we get a win is fairly weak, imo. You even hedged your statement with, "Don't tar and feather me,..." because you know it's weak. I'll take a win over a loss any day, but won't act like a bitch and hope the other team shows up limping. Did you cross your fingers on each hand and your toes when you typed that? 🙄 Happy Thanksgiving!

My main rationale right now is that if TH is going to somehow save his ass by weaseling his way to a winning streak then I at least want him to earn it and not get things handed to him through injuries or illness.  And if he can't win against an opponents best then we're finally rid of him.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:54 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Some guy on Cyclone Fanatic is claiming that we have a significant player who will miss the game.  No one is talking about COVID numbers being bad.

If it's Hall, I'll probably just go outside and start breaking things.  It's also possible that it's nothing as this guy was sure that Farmageddon was getting canceled.

K State certainly thought it was canceled.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 3:02 PM, LTtxfan said:

Interesting O/U 58.5... A bit higher than last four ISU/TEXAS games

ISU vs Texas Results for Matt Campbell

• 2016     Texas Won             27 - 6 
  • 2017      Texas Won.           17 - 7
  • 2018·    Texas Won             24 - 10
  • 2019      Iowa State Won     23 - 21

Down to O/U 56.5         Iowa State -1