Obscure movies from your youth

Parliament

I saw this for the first time a few months ago. Tom Hanks is probably my favorite actor of all time. This movie is not good. 

It’s meh, but has some scenes and lines that crack me up just thinking about them.

The bathtub scene kills me.

The pizza driver and accompanying song is used plenty when I make our kids pizza at the house.

5 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

It’s meh, but has some scenes and lines that crack me up just thinking about them.

The bathtub scene kills me.

The pizza driver and accompanying song is used plenty when I make our kids pizza at the house.

1. It's not obscure

2. It's not an Oscar worthy movie, but comedies never are. It stands up pretty well.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, AustinMT said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Krull was my first exposure to the phenomenon of a movie not holding up over time. I first watched it on HBO when I was 7 or so, and then I saw it again only a couple of years later, and 9 or 10-year-old me was disgusted with how terrible it was. I was embarrassed to think about how much I had liked it the first time around. 

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Krull was my first exposure to the phenomenon of a movie not holding up over time. I first watched it on HBO when I was 7 or so, and then I saw it again only a couple of years later, and 9 or 10-year-old me was disgusted with how terrible it was. I was embarrassed to think about how much I had liked it the first time around. 

I really is terrible, but didn’t realize at the time.

Videodrome, on the other hand, is still bizarrely awesome

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/25/2020 at 9:35 AM, Tylerocks said:

Money Pit, Strange Brew and Star Wars?!  C'mon Man!

Gotcha!

Damn, beat me to it! Great 80s flick and Fiorentino was smoke.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:17 PM, HenryJames said:

spacer.png

Quaid, Cassevetes, Sheen, Ozzy Osbourne and cool 80s cars. Love it!

918KCy93vaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The great Dabney Coleman and one of the best and most unappreciated car chases in movie history imo. Great flick

MV5BY2E1MjQxZWYtNDY3Yy00NzJmLTkwMTktNzIy

Loaded. Goldie Hawn, Woody Harrelson, Wesley Snipes, Mykelti Williamson, Nipsy Russell, Bruce McGill, Swoozy Kurtz, and M Emmet Walsh. Hilarious and great football flick.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Like 1