Obscure movies from your youth

Parliament

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, Gotcha...saw that when it came out. With her movie accent and “yes, I am spy” attitude, I thought she was the sexiest woman I’d ever seen. And in her prime...I think I win that argument.

019a77f3ab9144a9f755b812ac7845da.jpg

She liked wergens.....

Parisian Cafe scene :

Anthony sitting alone at his table trying to order, and drink Pernod, and the waiter is kind of a dick ( I know a French waiter a dick... no way)

Anthony: Mon crayon est rouge.....

Waiter:  Goody for you....

That scene always cracked me up.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, Gotcha...saw that when it came out. With her movie accent and “yes, I am spy” attitude, I thought she was the sexiest woman I’d ever seen. And in her prime...I think I win that argument.

019a77f3ab9144a9f755b812ac7845da.jpg

Great 80s flick. Fiorentino was quite fetching in Men in Black as well.

image.jpg?w=1920&h=1080

Great John Hughes flick with a super hot and young Jennifer Connelly in a tight shirt, Frank Whaley Jr, John Candy, Dermot Mulroney, and William Forsythe.

8bf09e229239f658729f3de713a855a6.jpg

Loved this too. Andrew McCarthy, hot Kim Cattrall, James Spader, and GW Bailey. The soundtrack was very 80s good too.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray

One that I appreciated as I got a little older and didn't need quite as much mindless screwball comedy/T&A.  Still though, Rebecca.  Would it have killed you to show some ass in that flight suit?:

Yall are some old motherfuckers...

220px-Blank_Check_film_poster.jpg

Some scenes shot at Fiesta Texas

512A64CG0TL._SY445_.jpg

Abysmal movie, but I liked the uniforms

Whatdreamsposter.jpeg

My parents should've been paying attention because a 10 year old ain't ready for this, but I watched it over and over again.

For the fans of High Art (though not really obscure they aren't "Lion King popular")...

61uVxxl71nL._AC_UL600_SR477,600_.jpg

Indian_in_the_cupboardposter.jpg

MV5BM2Q4MjNjNmYtOGYyZS00OGUzLWI4OTQtZjI0

61uyUaxgqBL._AC_UL600_SR480,600_.jpg

91kN-ewIlHL._RI_.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

I watched too much tv/movies as a kid. I have seen 90% of the obscure movies listed here and their sequels. (Loved Trancers)

Uncommon Valor (not really that obscure but less so than Platoon Leader)

Surf Nazi’s Must Die

There was some Mummy movie with little glowing balls in it (kind of like in StarMan).

I watched too much tv/movies as a kid. I have seen 90% of the obscure movies listed here and their sequels. (Loved Trancers)

Uncommon Valor (not really that obscure but less so than Platoon Leader)

Surf Nazi’s Must Die

There was some Mummy movie with little glowing balls in it (kind of like in StarMan).

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai (1984)

B-movie with awesome cast - John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin, Peter Weller, Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum, Jamie Lee Curtis

OK it was mentioned already but didn't get the love in the description.

bb.jpg

Edited by beer
missed this on page 4

On 11/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, C-Man said:

Loved Kidco. Haven’t thought about that movie in 100 years. Not sure how obscure this one is but:

aa5b0508a6164621b99cee3127b5fcfd.jpg

I do know this movie was hard AF to find on VHS in the 80’s.

"give in to the dark side of the force you nob"

How about this one. Ralph Bakshi, a very young Brad Pitt, and a very nicely drawn Kim Basinger.

poster-342.jpg

VERY nicely drawn.

tumblr_miwxhn0M1E1qedb29o1_500.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, beer said:

B-movie with awesome cast - John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin, Peter Weller, Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum, Jamie Lee Curtis

bb.jpg

Bigger fan of its would-be-sequel-rewritten-into-an-even-bigger-cult-classic:

Big_Trouble_in_Little_China_Film_Poster.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes, very obscure movie that "Top Gun" was.  Only did a half billion at the box office and literally became a Naval recruitment video.  ;) 

Have a weird one I can't remember the name of, maybe y'all can help.  This would have been late 80's, or even early 90's (or at least that's when I saw it on some relatives' cable).  All I know is it takes place in the aftermath of a nuclear war in America.  It's not "By Dawn's Early Light", but that was posted above and it made me think of this other movie.  As usual, the President and several other key figures are killed in the blast. All I remember is the teenage son of either POTUS or VP becomes the de facto leader of some half-assed resistance or new government and is even whisked away in a military helicopter.  And he's a total douchebag but somehow ends up the leader.  And there's a guy in a wheelchair named 'Boomer' (not from OU), he was once the head of the CIA or NSA or something like that and is the guy in charge of putting shit back together electronically/communications/etc.  I can only see a few scenes in my head.  It was cheesy but had decent production value, a largely forgotten cast, and was probably made straight for cable.  Anybody?  Anything?  thanks.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:57 AM, beer said:

bb.jpg

"Laugh while ya' can monkey boy!" I still enjoy this one.

11 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Bigger fan of its would-be-sequel-rewritten-into-an-even-bigger-cult-classic:

Big_Trouble_in_Little_China_Film_Poster.

I tried to name the Doomlet Jack Burton [Doom] but Mrs. Doom vetoed. 

For a few years running, American Airlines had Buckaroo Banzai as one of the in-flight movie options, so any time I was planning on going to sleep anyway, I would put on Buckaroo Banzai just to confuse anyone who happened to look over at the screen, and also to kick the $0.0003 of royalty payments to whoever would get them. It makes me chuckle to think that there's some dipshit getting paid to work up a profile of their frequent fliers who thinks I've watched that movie on an airplane a hundred times. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 2

On 11/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Krull was my first exposure to the phenomenon of a movie not holding up over time. I first watched it on HBO when I was 7 or so, and then I saw it again only a couple of years later, and 9 or 10-year-old me was disgusted with how terrible it was. I was embarrassed to think about how much I had liked it the first time around. 

It was, and still is, so difficult to find good fantasy genre stuff. You have the original Conan the Barbarian, LOTR, and that's basically all of them. From there on, you get either some awful misses, cult classics, and that's about all.

Krull at least had some original ideas.