Markets still falling like whoa

3 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

I think I finally learned my lesson in December 2018.  I watched it plunge 20% but sold right before Christmas vacation so I wouldn't have to worry about it during the holidays, and missed a huge chunk of the recovery.

You panicked.  You thought you weren't gonna be able to afford the GI Joe with the kung-fu grip.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

I’m lazy. I’ll just keep buying as it goes down and back up and down again at some point. I’ve never timed anything right and learned my lesson

This is where I am with most of my retirement stuff.  If it doesn't go back up by the time I retire it won't matter because we'll all be stabbing each other in the face over cans of cat food anyway. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Continental Op said:

This is where I am with most of my retirement stuff.  If it doesn't go back up by the time I retire it won't matter because we'll all be stabbing each other in the face over cans of cat food anyway. 

yeah but the question is whos going to have money for the sharpest knife

On 2/24/2020 at 11:58 AM, jimmyjazz said:

I like to swing trade SOXL because I hate money.  Looking to get back in, but I imagine it's gonna be a few days at least.

Still watching.  SOXL was at $246 or so when I posted, and looks like it will open today ~ $205. 

I'm 100% confident the administration will do everything it can to keep the market propped up this year, but a global recession would be impossible to overcome.  I'm just going to look at very simple technicals (moving averages) to signal a jump back in.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Still watching.  SOXL was at $246 or so when I posted, and looks like it will open today ~ $205. 

I'm 100% confident the administration will do everything it can to keep the market propped up this year, but a global recession would be impossible to overcome.  I'm just going to look at very simple technicals (moving averages) to signal a jump back in.

The market needs to fill the gap between 2948-2972 with S&P, once it hits that you should be good to buy I think. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've never paid a whole lot of attention to gaps on an index . . . when did that set up?

There were 5 unfilled gaps as of last Friday, we filled every single one of them. The only one left is the one I mentioned.

Edited by hornhorn

Thanks for the link . . . I'm not sure where you get "5" when he's pointing at "9" gaps, but regardless, I see the fills.

FYI, over the timeframe that he charted, volume by price shows pretty big support around 3004, which is roughly what the S&P 500 touched (so far) today.

SOXL was at the 178-182 range when those gaps occurred on the S&P, so it's close now (198) as well.  I have little faith in trying to correlate moves on a 3X ETF to those of a broad index, though.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Thanks for the link . . . I'm not sure where you get "5" when he's pointing at "9" gaps, but regardless, I see the fills.

FYI, over the timeframe that he charted, volume by price shows pretty big support around 3004, which is roughly what the S&P 500 touched (so far) today.

SOXL was at the 178-182 range when those gaps occurred on the S&P, so it's close now (198) as well.  I have little faith in trying to correlate moves on a 3X ETF to those of a broad index, though.

Yeah I was going by memory and went with a random number 5. My bad. 

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Christmas bonuses could be....And now that dozens, possibly hundreds of people were exposed to the guy in California, well, hang on to your butts.

Didn't you hear, we have nothing to worry about, this is all under control.
Don't believe what you are reading in the (fake) media, and that you are seeing in the stock market

Image result for trump head on baghdad bob

Sorry for Cr'ing this thread, I would certainly neg this post if I could, maybe you should do it for me

Edited by Wally Fairway

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

so how many more days can we do this shit? 

how long until the virus is contained or a pandemic is declared?
how long until the primaries settle the nomintation?
how long until the general election?
how long until the next black swan comes onto the horizon?

Hitchihiker's guide says the answer is 42, so I'm going with that 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

how long until the virus is contained or a pandemic is declared?
how long until the primaries settle the nomintation?
how long until the general election?
how long until the next black swan comes onto the horizon?

Hitchihiker's guide says the answer is 42, so I'm going with that 

Congrats!

Just now, Texas Jeff said:

CNBC is broadcasting live from the stock exchange ... where evidently they had a musical performance scheduled for after the close.  The music sounds like someone screaming over and over...

Ok that’s what they said, but that just sounds like someone spouting off apocalyptic stuff.