Markets still falling like whoa

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That's going to leave a mark.  How can you forget about one of those pinless hand grenades?

my results last few weeks

all realized positions:  +3%

all realized levered positions:  -10%

fucking hand grenades.

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Somehow I'm going to fuck around and end up buying back in at a higher point than I sold off. Because that's just my luck.

Lol.  Still need another day even hotter than this before I’m coming in around where I left...and it’s one thing to get this bounce, it’s a whole other thing to not test lows again.  Would be only such recession ever, I don’t buy it.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RexWilson said:

All the oil gains from last week are about to be wiped out.

Think again sucka! 
Life is good.

All the majors are up baby.

WTI down 4-5%?
Who gives? We gunna get that 10... 15... idk maybe 20 mil bbl cut. Saudis and Russians are going to make nice and everything will be ok.

Hell, maybe it’ll be 30 million. Can you imagine a 40 million bbl cut? That would really help prices.

42 million bbls is a very substantial number.

Buy, buy, buy!

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Can anyone explain this shit to me?  I'm at a loss as to how the market keeps trending up.  I get "it's the fed" but can anyone dumb it down for me?

If anybody actually knew anything about how and why the stock market reacts, everyone would be a 1%er.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Can anyone explain this shit to me?  I'm at a loss as to how the market keeps trending up.  I get "it's the fed" but can anyone dumb it down for me?

In this case, it really may be as simple as people with money just waiting around for some semi-positive news. This weekend was "supposed to be" worse than it was.

Or it's all artificial. Who knows.

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

What's Zoom going to look like in 4 months when all those accounts are cancelled?

I still like it at $100 or less. Many of the accounts being used are non being paid for and they are just indoctrinating all the school aged kids on preferred platform.

Just now, ZB'Tejas said:

I still like it at $100 or less. Many of the accounts being used are non being paid for and they are just indoctrinating all the school aged kids on preferred platform.

True and going forward, I would think that all the schools that get used to Zoom will have to start paying for it as part of their contingency planning. 

Just now, CooterBrown said:

True and going forward, I would think that all the schools that get used to Zoom will have to start paying for it as part of their contingency planning. 

Yep, if there is a lasting impact on school and work where more is done remote overall usage of this and similar platforms should go up. But hey, I'm also buying under valued Oil companies  ($MTDR) so what do I know?!?

26 minutes ago, 4thgenhorn said:

I’m underwater in some BYND that I bought on the way down. I think in 2-3 yrs you’ll be happy you grabbed some in the 60s. 

Agree. My kids eat it all the time. I’m in.

EDIT - I also saw the CEO give an interview a week or two ago and was impressed. 

Edited by Tailgate

23 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Fyi:  "New York City bans Zoom in schools, citing security concerns"

https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/05/zoom-new-york-city-schools/

Also:  "Skype rolls out Meet Now feature to take on Zoom: How to use and everything to know" (47 minutes ago)

https://www.msn.com/en-in/finance/technology/skype-rolls-out-meet-now-feature-to-take-on-zoom-how-to-use-and-everything-to-know/ar-BB12ehLl

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Thye're taking heat for security lapses.  I guess HS kids can get into random meetings and start drawing dicks and stuff.  Not good.

I can't think of a single meeting that I've ever been in that that wouldn't improve.

• Like 4

Zoom is a pretty good product, but its not exactly revolutionary. The biggest issue they face is that Microsoft will eventually get it right with Skype/Teams etc.... and it will be bundled with every office 365 subscription that they already sell to just about everybody. At today's market cap, ZM has a price to sales ratio of  about 60. Thats a bit pricey for me when they don't have much of a technological moat, and the majority of their enterprise customers  also already buy from Microsoft.

Short term, I can see the stock get a pop when they  next announce quarterly numbers. Getting a handle on how much their revenue grew with Covid will provide a lot of clarity on how sustainable their price level is. 60X price to sales is pretty hard to maintain when the industry average is closer to 7. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Zoom is a pretty good product, but its not exactly revolutionary. The biggest issue they face is that Microsoft will eventually get it right with Skype/Teams etc.... and it will be bundled with every office 365 subscription that they already sell to just about everybody. At today's market cap, ZM has a price to sales ratio of  about 60. Thats a bit pricey for me when they don't have much of a technological moat, and the majority of their enterprise customers  also already buy from Microsoft.

Short term, I can see the stock get a pop when they  next announce quarterly numbers. Getting a handle on how much their revenue grew with Covid will provide a lot of clarity on how sustainable their price level is. 60X price to sales is pretty hard to maintain when the industry average is closer to 7. 

We just rolled out Teams a few weeks ago.  It blows Skype out of the fucking water.  

• Like 1

What would the market do if Boris Johnson died? Seems like the hard core deniers are the sort that would have an affinity towards him. Major world leader dying: clearly bad. Deniers seeing one of their own go down, pushing them to reconsider reality: maybe good?

That’s one bit of news I had not factored in. I’d guess Trump is in a bubble by now, but if he got it, the market would certainly tank.

Bump.

Market does not give a shit about Boris, it seems.

Portnoy apparently being fucking destoyed by BA again today.   Anyone know what he did to deserve it this time?   I heard he lost over a million last week on it and now today has lost over 500k?  His twitter feed near the close is entertaining, he just took out the camera.

Just now, Anastasis said:

jeez.  feel like i am averaging back in in my 401k too slowly. this thing seems like it is ready to blow up on even a whiff of hope. 

This. FOMO is real and annoying as fuck. I'm only 16.5% back in... At this rate, I'll get several years of mostly Treasury bonds and CDs and shit lol