Markets still falling like whoa

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

LUV says revenues will plummet in May.  April had to be pretty much nothing.

Stock is up on the news.

IMO for all the airline stocks...I’m bullish on LUV. I believe they are best in class and will get through this like all of us and come out stronger. They saved $6 billion in cash in the last quarter. They are a smart company and operationally its hard to find better. From an execution stand point...show me an airline that does it better.

Edited by Tailgate

IMO for all the airline stocks...I’m bullish on LUV. I believe they are best in class and will get through this like all of us and come out stronger. They saved $6 billion in cash in the last quarter. They are a smart company and operationally its hard to find better. From an execution stand point...show me an airline that does it better.

Idiot take... the fact they aren’t a true international airline should help a lot as well. Also seems like if we end up doing regional openings of the country they already operate that way anyhow.

I mean we are sitting at S/P 2900 or so.  There's just a ton fucking downside compared to upside.  I'm happy I waded into some energy but overall I'm perfectly fine sitting mostly in cash until banks start forecasting a seriously fucked up 2021.  So I may be sitting around until late summer.  And I'm fine with that.  We are all mostly young around here, but there's never been a bigger discrepancy between Wall Street and Main street.  I think that's a recipe for a fucking disaster.  If I'm wrong, I'll miss out on about 15% gains, and I can definitely live with that as a 41 yo guy.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Pfizer claiming they may have vaccine this fall.   I’m already big on moderna.  

A good example of large cap pump and dump. 

Pfizer pharmaceuticals announced Tuesday it could have “millions of doses” of a coronavirus vaccine on the market before the end of the year, if testing proves the formula safe and effective.

Working in collaboration with German pharma company BioNTech, trials have already started, according to Pfizer — and approval for U.S. testing “is expected shortly.”

“We are fully committed to confronting the public health challenge posed by the COVID-19 pandemic by collaborating with industry partners and academic institutions to develop potential approaches to prevent and treat COVID-19,” Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said in a news release.

Hasn't really been tested yet, but let's go ahead and get this press release rolling. If you haven't announced a COVID vaccine candidate publically by now, you will probably get sued by shareholders for gross incompetence as a pharma CEO.

Edited to add that I would also like to announce my intention to enthusiatically ravage Emily Ratajkowski's dirtbox this fall, pending her approval of my intent.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

GDP down 4.8% vs 4% estimate. And this only captures a small slice of the effect that COVID is having on economic output. The Q2 numbers are going to be a bloodbath.

U.S. Economy Shrinks at 4.8% Pace, Signaling Start of Recession updated 11 minutes ago

Futures are up tho!

41 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

JPow can just brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all of that bad news right away and IAPI

I posted it from the WSJ a day or two ago - and I'm believing this more and more each day
I like the religious reference, it is like all the companies are going to Fed for confession and JPow is giving out billions (well really trillions) in absolution of your financial sins.
"Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Catholicism without Hell. Markets work best when participants have a healthy fear of loss"

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

JPow can just brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all of that bad news right away and IAPI

I posted it from the WSJ a day or two ago - and I'm believing this more and more each day
I like the religious reference, it is like all the companies are going to Fed for confession and JPow is giving out billions (well really trillions) in absolution of your financial sins.
"Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Catholicism without Hell. Markets work best when participants have a healthy fear of loss"

45 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

GDP down 4.8% vs 4% estimate. And this only captures a small slice of the effect that COVID is having on economic output. The Q2 numbers are going to be a bloodbath.

Meh...we don't need to worry about that Q2 report for another 3 months. And in 3 months, when the GDP is down 30-40%, we can discount that report because we will certainly be embarking on the greatest recovery in the history of recoveries. To be honest, I'm not sure why we aren't at all-time highs right now. Sometime in the next 3-6 months we could be looking at GDP growth of 20%. That's f'n huge. Look, if some of these pussy-ass companies want to just go out of business and miss the party in 6 months, that's on them. I just don't see how you dont buy, buy, buy right now, right? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Meh...we don't need to worry about that Q2 report for another 3 months. And in 3 months, when the GDP is down 30-40%, we can discount that report because we will certainly be embarking on the greatest recovery in the history of recoveries. To be honest, I'm not sure why we aren't at all-time highs right now. Sometime in the next 3-6 months we could be looking at GDP growth of 20%. That's f'n huge. Look, if some of these pussy-ass companies want to just go out of business and miss the party in 6 months, that's on them. I just don't see how you dont buy, buy, buy right now, right? 

1 Mistake Actors Make With Shakespeare + How to Avoid It

16 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I capitulate.  Being "right" is less important than being profitable.  This game sucks.  My money is going into PSLDX until the next time I want to burn daytime hours obsessing over absolute bullshit

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

All of my S&P 500 puts are worthless.  

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hey, guess what?  GILD made another announcement about their "miracle drug" at the exact same moment GDP was released.

How are these crooks still not in jail?

PySdNGa.jpg

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Holy shit the cognitive dissonance in the market right now is unbelievable.  +rep

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Relax bro.  Patient bear is patient.  

Edit:  I’ll play.  

Anyone serious about the market outlook/dynamics has to have legitimate concerns.  It looks like a legal Ponzi scheme.  As long as everyone agrees to pile money into the market blindly what does it matter what the economy looks like?  Who cares if valuations are completely retarded?   The issue is this ‘could’ go the other direction too - not that I think it will   Just look at what’s going on...

How’s it that different from Bitcoin?   At this point there’s no correlation at all between valuation and performance/outlook...anything.  

Just STONKS bro!

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 3

Lol, I scalped some BA EOW calls yesterday to catch the run-up to earnings. Sold in the afternoon thinking it would tank today.

BA misses earnings even worse than predicted. Stock up almost 10% as of right now. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Relax bro.  Patient bear is patient.  

It's tough when you think you're right about where the market is headed and every day you wake up to green futures.  There are so many valuations that defy logic but they keep going up.   I guess I'm just angry at this point that I didn't go all in after March lows.  I should have known better.

12 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Lol, I scalped some BA EOW calls yesterday to catch the run-up to earnings. Sold in the afternoon thinking it would tank today.

BA misses earnings even worse than predicted. Stock up almost 10% as of right now. 

giphy.gif

I bought a May 22 125 Put yesterday expecting the bad earnings.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

It's tough when you think you're right about where the market is headed and every day you wake up to green futures.  There are so many valuations that defy logic but they keep going up.   I guess I'm just angry at this point that I didn't go all in after March lows.  I should have known better.

No way.  If you think we don’t see 2700 again this year you’re certifiably insane.  And it will drop below.  I’d peg 2700 at 99%.  Crazy ass people are right sometimes.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No way.  If you think we don’t see 2700 again this year you’re certifiably insane.  And it will drop below.  I’d peg 2700 at 99%.  Crazy ass people are right sometimes.  

I still think we’re going to 2000.  Too much accumulated pain has not been paid for yet.

58 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Have your fundamental views changed on where this all ends up in 6-12 months? If they have, I can understand your frustration. If they have not, you'll likely get another chance. The market is fundamentally unhinged from any meaningful metric I can think of if you believe the worst is still in front of us economically. But with nowhere else to go, you can expect money to pile in the market, until we get another slap in the face. There is still a lot of uncertainty about how bad it will get, and right now a lot of the superficial indicators are things are improving. Hey look states are thinking about opening back up, we made it through!!!

Check back in when companies are all reporting their Q2 numbers. Check back in when individuals still arent paying rent in 2-3 months because they still have kids to feed/clothe etc... Check back in when the economic reality of massive tax losses at the city & state level start to manifest in services cuts etc... Most of the major market corrections can take some time to fully play out, and you will see rallies even when the overall trend is down. I havent sold any stocks in this entire mess, i just gambled bigly on a market correction in February. I plan on doing so again but I don't see a specific catalyst on the horizon. I'm sure I will be short heading into Q3, but still not sure when to take the plunge. The 2008 market correction took 10 months to hit bottom, we are about 2 months into this.  

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 2