Markets still falling like whoa

49 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Anyone playing with hertz, or is it a stonk at this point?

$htz up 80+% today. I just knew there was plenty of action there, but I was too lazy to focus on super speculative shit this week.

yep, bought it the day they declared bankruptcy. Major major major companies like Hertz rarely fully go under. They are going to restructure or merge. Our family friend bought 100k of AAL when it went sub $1 with the same mindset.

I am up 159% in a week.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TexanTraveling said:

yep, bought it the day they declared bankruptcy. Major major major companies like Hertz rarely fully go under. They are going to restructure or merge. Our family friend bought 100k of AAL when it went sub $1 with the same mindset.

I am up 159% in a week.

Nice.  Thought I was doing well being up 62% since mid-May.

1 minute ago, McCroskey said:

That's how I feel...wondering now if I should cash out a little or keep riding the wave.

I am going to keep riding....I bought it with low intentions....it was a 30 dollar stock not that long ago...if they can shed the debt and move forward it will be a $5+ stock in no time! But again, that's me. Everyone is different.

This is fucking wild.  I had guessed a run in the summer and was somewhat more aggressive but who the hell saw this?  I'll take it but it feels like BS.  At least I have some bullets for when another crash hits.  I'm not pulling out anything.  Fuck it.  STONKS

9 minutes ago, TexanTraveling said:

I am going to keep riding....I bought it with low intentions....it was a 30 dollar stock not that long ago...if they can shed the debt and move forward it will be a $5+ stock in no time! But again, that's me. Everyone is different.

They will shed the debt by diluting the hell out of current shareholders.  That’s how it works.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This is fucking wild.  I had guessed a run in the summer and was somewhat more aggressive but who the hell saw this?  I'll take it but it feels like BS.  At least I have some bullets for when another crash hits.  I'm not pulling out anything.  Fuck it.  STONKS

I'm scaling back on some of the O&G stocks I own as I think this went down too far and now bounced back. Probably will keep XOM and OKE for the dividends and just add if we go back down. Still of the mindset there will be good companies later in the summer that will present some buying opportunities.

3 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I'm scaling back on some of the O&G stocks I own as I think this went down too far and now bounced back. Probably will keep XOM and OKE for the dividends and just add if we go back down. Still of the mindset there will be good companies later in the summer that will present some buying opportunities.

I just hate paying ordinary income tax on the gains.  Game changer for me.  It's been good because even when I pulled out I didn't pull anything that was under a year hold.  Then put 75% what I pulled and was heavy in a lot of things that got torched...like oil.  I'm looking at it as if it is a big pullback I have that 25% I had pulled out at the ready.  Feeling pretty comfortable.  About 2% of my dough in gold and thats about all that really lagged today...not getting rid of that.  It's been a good one to have so far and a little insurance as we go into the great beyond.  I keep asking where do stocks have to go?  And every time I ask, they go up more.  Fresh Dow/S&P records are going to be in play.  Unreal. 

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Set your trailing stops and enjoy the ride.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Somehow I managed to end up 7.00 down today.   Round of applause everyone

Please tell me that's the fun money and you have someone managing your actual nest egg.  Because I want to laugh and enjoy this but feel a bit guilty...

5 hours ago, woohorn said:

Anyone playing with hertz, or is it a stonk at this point?

$htz up 80+% today. I just knew there was plenty of action there, but I was too lazy to focus on super speculative shit this week.

yeah, I had options I sold at a 50% profit yesterday. If I had kept them till this afternoon.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Please tell me that's the fun money and you have someone managing your actual nest egg.  Because I want to laugh and enjoy this but feel a bit guilty...

I'm up 19 ish for the month. Not great, but I do take some risks. Thanks though buddy.

Edited by closetohumping
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

RCL baby,  I'm up 81% since I bought on the 19.00 a share. had i went with my original idea that my wife said fuck no to, I would be up 45,000  i showed her today and told her to fuck her own face lol 

Greg Weinstein: We don’t sell stock to women. I don’t care who it is, we don’t do it. Nancy Sinatra calls, you tell her you’re sorry. They’re a constant pain in the ass and you’re never going to hear the end of it alright? They’re going to call you every fucking day wanting to know why the stock is dropping and God forbid the stock should go up, you’re going to hear from them every fucking 15 minutes. It’s just not worth it, don’t pitch the bitch.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 1:17 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

Zoom I can see having some downside here but people will still use Slack even when going back to the office. Down 17% after hours hurts. Maybe I should have sold $40 yesterday

I'm in the software industry, I've done virtual meetings for the last 8 years I'm not sure if Zoom is any different than it's competitors, but hey good for them

Good day. Fed has to be happy. Monetary policy is quite powerful. 

In other Fed news, the State/Local Bailout Windows are open at the Fed. https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/pressreleases/monetary20200603a.htm

The Federal Reserve Board on Wednesday announced an expansion in the number and type of entities eligible to directly use its Municipal Liquidity Facility (MLF). Under the new terms, all U.S. states will be able to have at least two cities or counties eligible to directly issue notes to the MLF regardless of population. Governors of each state will also be able to designate two issuers in their jurisdictions whose revenues are generally derived from operating government activities (such as public transit, airports, toll facilities, and utilities) to be eligible to directly use the facility.

In addition to the expanded terms outlined above, the MLF continues to be directly open to U.S. states, the District of Columbia, U.S. cities with a population of at least 250,000 residents, U.S. counties with a population of at least 500,000 residents, and certain multistate entities.

The MLF was established under Section 13(3) of the Federal Reserve Act, with approval of the Treasury Secretary. It will offer up to $500 billion in lending to states and municipalities to help manage cash flow stresses caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Priming the pump. 

And it is priced in already - seriously. 

15 hours ago, NateHitch said:

That was fun but LUV shitting the bed for whatever reason put a damper on my festivities

LUV has already had a decent run up from $24 in May.  They should be able to weather this travel mess better than any other. No international exposure compared to the other big three.  Delta projections for recovery were apparently way too pessimistic.  As a result customer service, ramp agents, etc. can't meet up with increasing demand.  Since Buffett owned a huge percentage of DAL I'm thinking he listened too closely to those DAL suits projecting disaster for air travel the remaining of this year.  

LUV has already had a decent run up from $24 in May.  They should be able to weather this travel mess better than any other. No international exposure compared to the other big three.  Delta projections for recovery were apparently way too pessimistic.  As a result customer service, ramp agents, etc. can't meet up with increasing demand.  Since Buffett owned a huge percentage of DAL I'm thinking he listened too closely to those DAL suits projecting disaster for air travel the remaining of this year.  
Definitely, I got in big at $24 for the long run. Got in on ERI on the same day and those two have been fun. They both kicked me in the nuts on Friday but that's my fault too

51 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
6 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

Definitely, I got in big at $24 for the long run. Got in on ERI on the same day and those two have been fun. They both kicked me in the nuts on Friday but that's my fault too

How is a 9¢ drop in LUV a kick in the nuts?  Especially if you've gone from $24 to $38?

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I never thought that old guy with the Dow hats would live to wear a Dow 50000 hat but it’s not only happening, but likely in 2021.  Who would’ve guessed?

Multiple expansion bro.  

It only makes sense in this economic climate if you think about it. 

24 minutes ago, TexanTraveling said:

I hope you kept it, bought at $1 and its now $4.30 in ten days

I didn't actually get in on that one...I was referring to my gains from a few other travel stocks and BA.  I've nearly tripled my money on NCLH so far...thinking today might be the day to cash out at least half of it.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:15 AM, Wally Fairway said:

LOL - I wish I was 50% invested in the market, unfortunately I've short the market via puts. The only thing saving me is a long SPY position that my puts started out as a hedge against, and a lucky guess on buying BA $125 calls that are printing money (and now I'm sure I've jinxed that one too)

Sold about 35% of my BA calls, covered the entire cost + profit of almost 90%, I hate to not let it ride...but nobody goes broke covering costs and taking something off the table. 
Markets can't go up forever, BA is on a tear, time to make sensible choices ...... who am I kidding, the Fed gonna Fed and brrrrrr machine gonna brrrrr
I'm thinking about buy some SPY $375 calls...or why not $400 - markets only go up.
Wheeeeeee!!!

Is profitability influenced by the staff you hire and how you ...

• Like 1