Markets still falling like whoa

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I sweater god he's the King of Pump and Dump

I was just listening to him talk about the Russian vaccine and he is a fucking idiot. He comes off like a jackass when the smoke show brunette who knows her shit is trying to explain to him how the Russian vax works and its background. 

Edited by Anastasis

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The Fed Money Printer as VP would be the best option. BIDEN/BRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT 2020

You joke, but it brings to mind a famous quote:

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. ...

Edited by bernorange
  • Like 1

^^^^
Oh and I got a lay off the land from my dumbass pro:

50% bonds (boooorrriiingggg)

43% equities 

7% cash

Doesn’t include things outside my main investment account.  Definitely too young to have that much in bonds but I’ll wait for a pullback and rotate.  At least I plugged back in and caught 75% of this run up.  

I'm starting to think we're never going to get a correction. Why would we? No CR, but I don't think there's much appetite from either party to stop JPow's infinite money printer. Furthermore, our government is too ineffectual, divided, and preoccupied to do anything about the near-monopoly positions that the big tech firms, which are driving the run up, have carved out for themselves. COVID is far from over and will continue to fester until there's a widespread vaccine next year but I sense a feeling setting in among most people that the worst is behind us.

You might retort, "But unemployment! Unpaid mortgages!" and in a normal world I'd absolutely agree. But that hasn't affected shit yet (e.g. Target posting huge earnings this morning) and probably won't get any worse than it is right now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

^^^^

43% equities 

7% cash

Doesn’t include things outside my main investment account.  Definitely too young to have that much in bonds but I’ll wait for a pullback and rotate.  At least I plugged back in and caught 75% of this run up.  

Less than 50% in equities is irritating. I'm about to do the same (pro advice and readjust my position).  Always good to gather other data points going in.  I'll try to repost whatever they say.

^^^^
43% equities 
7% cash

Financial advising is maybe the least valuable profession.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

AAPL hit $2tn market cap today.  Jesus  

So my best friend growing up... his dad had survived the Holocaust as a child.  Obviously that changed him forever.  Saved like crazy.  Would buy a new Camry every 5 years.  That was his splurge.  Houses in our neighborhood cost 80-100k.  You get the point...his dad passed around 50.  Left Micheal 15-20M.  He invested  on his own and dropped to 4M ish after dot com crash.  He put every cent into Apple and has not touched it since.  He lives like a totally normal dude but he is loaded to the gills.  So there’s someone out there who lucked out at least.  

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Financial advising is maybe the least valuable profession.

Totally agree.  I go to guys that can bring me real business and value outside of FA.  That’s how I pick who gets to manage shit.  Bring me big hospital contracts and I can stomach paying you to mismanage my money.