Markets still falling like whoa

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

went bottom fishing and bought some LEAPS on ETF of all the chinese tech companies.  ticker KWEB.

I went bonkers and bought 100 next week expiry AAPL calls at the 155 strike.  Their earnings are out after the bell today.  

I'm either getting fucked or getting an F-250   

Edited by Trey3216

Just now, Trey3216 said:

I went bonkers and bought 100 next week expiry AAPL calls at the 155 strike.  Their earnings are out after the bell today.  

i loaded up on TQQQ, and all the spoos yesterday.  was looking real good all day, up into the morning premarket today.

big oof.

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

went bottom fishing and bought some LEAPS on ETF of all the chinese tech companies.  ticker KWEB.

bought @ 4.80.  closing price 6.66. 

this is not a brag, since rest of my shit took a beating today.  nice V shaped recovery to end the day but i already got shook out of a few positions.

15 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

bought more TQQQ 134C next week expiry just before the close.  banking on the tech beat.  if it doesnt work out, i might have to hotwire a F250 to sell to @Trey3216

Luckily I have 8 trading days to see some movement.  APPL earnings were pretty damn solid, stock is up a little AH.  We'll see what the open and the next few days hold.   Glad I did get the next week expiry rather than this friday.    

24 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

And now it’s down 2% AH.  Looks like I’m the hare.   

I dont trust the volumed AH. 
hopefully shopify hits a homerun tomorrow, and j powell says hes gonna buy up all the stocks and bonds and give us all free play moneys

So what do we think will happen first....gme volume finishes below 1m for a day or the reverse repo exceeds 1T$

Shits borked and these things might happen this week(tomorrow?)....

Plus last time the monthly inflation numbers were 5% for 3 months in a row was the lead up to the 2008 crash....we'll see what July brings but may and June were 5%

Store $$$ in the backyard for a few months???

40 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

You are going to be IV crushed either way. Hope it works for you though, maybe a big rally after FOMC. 

5.5% out of the money on a blowout quarter for a stock that has somehow managed to underperform the S&P 500 for the calendar year and is overcoming significant headwinds.   It wasn’t a bad bet, and yes IV will dry up, but this thing could also jump 3% depending on FOMC news and run 1-2% up 3-4 days straight.   You never know.   

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

5.5% out of the money on a blowout quarter for a stock that has somehow managed to underperform the S&P 500 for the calendar year and is overcoming significant headwinds.   It wasn’t a bad bet, and yes IV will dry up, but this thing could also jump 3% depending on FOMC news and run 1-2% up 3-4 days straight.   You never know.   

Good luck, I've spent a lot of money going down that rabbit hole

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

FOMO/TINA in full effect in the last 10 days. Economic news has been grim and the markets reacted (for one day). 

larry david snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I could use that sort of a push as I'm sitting on some $444 7/30 SPY calls, they only cost $0.76, but I'm hoping it isn't money thrown into the incinerator 

This is a good visual illustration of my "investment" strategy
How to Play Craps Like a Pro? | Eleven movie, Craps, Oceans eleven

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:15 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I could use that sort of a push as I'm sitting on some $444 7/30 SPY calls, they only cost $0.76, but I'm hoping it isn't money thrown into the incinerator 

This is a good visual illustration of my "investment" strategy
How to Play Craps Like a Pro? | Eleven movie, Craps, Oceans eleven

Down to one day left for SPY to make just a little bit more of a move - knowing my luck it'll move after I've closed these out sometime tomorrow. 
Because I'm sure not looking to exercise my 10 SPY calls at the end of the day tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Down to one day left for SPY to make just a little bit more of a move - knowing my luck it'll move after I've closed these out sometime tomorrow. 
Because I'm sure not looking to exercise my 10 SPY calls at the end of the day tomorrow.

amazon is killing spy (and my tqqq).  sorry

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:32 AM, 52-80 said:

bought some nasdaq futures options.  if im gonna get wrekt tomorrow whats an extra loss on top of it right

this actually worked out.  closed today for +30% gain.  unfortunately it was a small position because i got my ass reamed on amazon.

sold 2x3400/3350 put spread on amazon day before earnings because there is absolutely no way amazon lost money on retail and web services during lockdown, right, and forward guidance only goes uppies?   risk-reward was fucking horrible.

bet was for amazon to NOT DROP 200 fucking points in 1 day, to gain $294 total.  anywhere above 3400.

between 3350-3400 i'd have sliding incremental losses and could cut the cord.

below 3350 i'd be out of $10,000.  it closed at 3330.  so that was cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

this actually worked out.  closed today for +30% gain.  unfortunately it was a small position because i got my ass reamed on amazon.

sold 2x3400/3350 put spread on amazon day before earnings because there is absolutely no way amazon lost money on retail and web services during lockdown, right, and forward guidance only goes uppies?   risk-reward was fucking horrible.

bet was for amazon to NOT DROP 200 fucking points in 1 day, to gain $294 total.  anywhere above 3400.

between 3350-3400 i'd have sliding incremental losses and could cut the cord.

below 3350 i'd be out of $10,000.  it closed at 3330.  so that was cool. 

This is the way

9 hours ago, Muy Frio said:

What’s up with gold? It’s gone nowhere with inflation elevated and Bitcoin and crypto pumping. 

somebody got liquidated

gold took a big stumble on friday, so this might be a delayed dealer/prime broker response.  maybe client were not able to pony up the margin requirements.