Markets still falling like whoa

34 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Biggest Loser today among stocks I follow:

US Steel (X) -6.2%

Yeah i'm sure you actually follow X and CHU on a regular basis and it has nothing to do with you cheer leading doom and gloom over politics.  

Get fucked bot boy

Oh and here is some context.  (X)

stock chart

(CHU)

stock chart

Edited by Amobie

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

So we're about to get three big weeks of earning reports.  Where we going from here fellas?  Assume that twitter doesn't exist in your response.

There are going to be strong revenues on top of margin expansions due to the stimulus which will include buybacks for banks and tech sector. Those two form 40% of the S&P 500 so unless Trump is Trump, the market should go up. 

38 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Yeah i'm sure you actually follow X and CHU on a regular basis and it has nothing to do with you cheer leading doom and gloom over politics.  

Get fucked bot boy

Oh and here is some context.  (X)

stock chart

(CHU)

stock chart

I was just stating the facts.

I follow about 50 different stocks.

On big up or down days, I like to note which stock move in the inverse direction of the rest of the market.

47 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Get fucked bot boy

god damn, dsa.  you sound like you need to get laid.

On 4/6/2018 at 3:45 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I was just stating the facts.

I follow about 50 different stocks.

On big up or down days, I like to note which stock move in the inverse direction of the rest of the market.

Seems odd you'd choose a Chinese telecom holdings ADR  which is almost entirely state owned (only 0.9% by institutions).  It's not like there is real price discovery when it's almost entirely owned by the state.

DaWrFEIVMAEWY-u.jpg

Seems like you are lying.

On 4/6/2018 at 3:52 PM, sidis said:

god damn, dsa.  you sound like you need to get laid.

I can't speak for dsa but I know i'm not having any problem in that department. 

I do have a problem with cloakroom spill over and cheering when people are losing money in the stock market.  It's childish behavior and I have no problem calling out our resident bot (740 fucking posts already not including his socks) for doing it.  

Edited by Amobie

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

In all seriousness, is there any situation where you don't see more volatility in the immediate near term future? Some of you option wizards describe the plays as you see them...

Playing the weekly calls/puts on FB every day the past two weeks has been a whirlwind.  

Thoughts on investing long (10-20+ years) in water (high quality H2O) based companies.  Can include manufacturers of large scale equipment like distribution, automation, purifiers, etc. or even groups that have ground water rights?   I've seen many different options over the past two weeks that range in small price points per share ($5-20) and up to $150+\- .  1 year and 5 year histories have shown steady growth and as we keep down the same global growth pattern would it be worth it?  Will they be able to weather any type of recession, etc. and remain stable?

14 minutes ago, Doc Holliday said:

Thoughts on investing long (10-20+ years) in water (high quality H2O) based companies.  Can include manufacturers of large scale equipment like distribution, automation, purifiers, etc. or even groups that have ground water rights?   I've seen many different options over the past two weeks that range in small price points per share ($5-20) and up to $150+\- .  1 year and 5 year histories have shown steady growth and as we keep down the same global growth pattern would it be worth it?  Will they be able to weather any type of recession, etc. and remain stable?

Waste Management, believe it or not, is a solid company to buy for these purposes.  They have scooped up a lot of companies that deal in various ends of water purification.  

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 2:38 PM, Anastasis said:

So we're about to get three big weeks of earning reports.  Where we going from here fellas?  Assume that twitter doesn't exist in your response.

Meeting or slightly missing estimates. Reduced guidance.

Prices continue deflating. S&P 500 at 2200 by year end.

Moving my non-index, non-retirement/college fund money to $WMT, oil, and utilities; turning on DRIP; and seeing where I am in two years.

• Like 1

I'm not talking about my local guy narc. I actually don't know what your asking, I'm in TWMJF a Canadian pot company, the largest. Big day today on the Trump news and also halted trading after the close, which means something is coming up. People are hoping it's a NASDAQ listing, but probably just a licensing thing.

Edited by Yarbr
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 1:27 PM, Doc Holliday said:

What are some of the one's that are local and not the equities?  I searched last week and couldn't find any worthwhile.

Some US and Canadian companies I bought last year.  They haven’t all been winners but up overall  

ACBFF

APHQF

EMHTF

MJ

NUGS

PURA

SGMD

TRTC

TWMJF

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They were never getting into pharma.  It's highly regulated and very little margin.  Wall Street bit on the head fake, though.

Agree completely. I don't understand why the PBMs and retailers got hammered when AMZN hinted. If anything the amazon play would be a challenge to wholesalers like ABC (up 3% today btw). Amazon was never going to open a mail order pharmacy to compete against retail, and there was no way in hell that they were going to wade into the PBM segment. There were a few analysts who dismissed the nonsense, and rightfully so. And a few who bit hook line and sinker. 

Edited by Anastasis

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They were never getting into pharma.  It's highly regulated and very little margin.  Wall Street bit on the head fake, though.

They're going for data.  They realized deep into the look that there were a lot of other hurdles.  That saying, put a $30-35bn offer on TWTR and you have a beautiful data/streaming/live news partnership.  

TWTR earnings next week.  

Edited by Trey3216

I am putting this here because IMO, I'm making an investing post not a political/cloak room post.
So I see the news is publicizing people wanting to uninvest in gun stocks - now I invest to make money, not make statements; and I mainly invest in ETF's.
There is this online gun stock investment checker, so I said what the hell - lets just see how invested I am in the guns

https://goodbyegunstocks.com/

VOO (S&P 500 ) - 0.60%
IJT (Small Cap Growth) - 0.34%
IJS (Small Cap Value) - 0.07%
IWM (Russell 2000) - 0.20%
DVY (DJ Select Dividend) - 0.49&
JKF (LG Cap Value) - 2.01%
XHE (Health Care Equipment) - 0.35%
VGT (IT Index) - 0.12%

Others, of interest
ITA (US Aerospace & Defense) 2.52%
XAR( S&P Aerospace & Defense) 0.35%

So I don't really have much exposure to gun stocks, I'm interested what that Health Care Equipment fund has that they classify as gun related - but not so interested that I'd actually try to figure it out.