Pilots Find Mysterious Metal Monolith in Desert

Doc Reeves

Obviously Aliens who dig our literatures 

Utah helicopter crew discovers mysterious metal monolith deep in the desert

2:33 AM EST November 24, 2020

What started as routine wildlife assistance took an extraterrestrial turn for Utah's Department of Public Safety after officers stumbled upon a mysterious monolith in the middle of rural Utah.

Officers from the Utah Department of Public Safety's Aero Bureau were flying by helicopter last Wednesday, helping the Division of Wildlife Resources count bighorn sheep in southeastern Utah, when they spotted something that seemed right out of "2001: A Space Odyssey."

"One of the biologists ... spotted it, and we just happened to fly directly over the top of it," pilot Bret Hutchings told CNN affiliate KSL. "He was like, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, turn around, turn around!' And I was like, 'What.' And he's like, 'There's this thing back there -- we've got to go look at it!'"

And there it was -- in the middle of the red rock was a shiny, silver metal monolith sticking out of the ground. Hutchings guessed it was "between 10 and 12 feet high." It didn't look like it was randomly dropped to the ground, he told KSL, but rather it looked like it had been planted.

"We were kind of joking around that if one of us suddenly disappears, then the rest of us make a run for it," Hutchings said.

Still, Hutchings said he thinks it was most likely placed there by an artist rather than an alien.

"I'm assuming it's some new wave artist or something or, you know, somebody that was a big ("2001: A Space Odyssey") fan," he said, referencing a scene in the 1968 film where a black monolith appears.

S till, it is illegal to install structures or art without authorization on public lands "no matter what planet you're from," said Utah DPS in a statement released Monday.

The location of the monolith is not being disclosed, and it is not yet clear who -- or what -- put the monolith there, DPS said.

As of Monday, the Bureau of Land Management will be deciding whether further investigation is needed.

41C37173-BEE4-4480-B382-A872444D6A2B.jpeg

1F1AC2B5-F5E3-43D5-AD2A-0F6D91665F97.jpeg

Is it like Mormon April Fool's Day or something?  I'm sure it'll prove to be man-made and placed there intentionally.  But if this is a true story, it's pretty awesome.  

It was installed between 8/2015 and 10/2016. Google earth has a feature where you can view images over time. 

In this day and age of the internet where nothing is a secret for long, it's amazing that this has been a secret for 4 or 5 years.

Aug 2015

Oct 2016

Aug 2015.png

Oct 2016.png

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

It was installed between 8/2015 and 10/2016. Google earth has a feature where you can view images over time. 

In this day and age of the internet where nothing is a secret for long, it's amazing that this has been a secret for 4 or 5 years.

Aug 2015

Oct 2016

Aug 2015.png

Oct 2016.png

Maybe it rose up out of the earth to send a signal

40 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Aug 2015

Oct 2016

Aug 2015.png

Oct 2016.png

Lol. Way to be a sheep and advance the narrative that they want you to.

Clearly what happened was the cloaking field was somehow compromised, making it visible to both satellite photography and the human eye.

It's pretty assuredly been there for thousands if not millions of years. All of my Scientologist buddies agree.

monolith.jpg

look at the flush rivets at regular intervals down each side.

and it looks like the artists based their construction using the gif above of the ape scene.

a monolith has proportions of 1 x 4 x 9.

this thing has proportions of 1 x 1 x however much was left over sticking out of the rock after they were done.

i'll bet it's just aluminium or steel.

the location is accessible by jeep from moab in less than 2 hours.

technical score: 7.5

artistic score: 5.5

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

and it looks like the artists based their construction using the gif above of the ape scene.

this thing has proportions of 1 x 1 x however much was left over sticking out of the rock after they were done.

screen-shot-2019-01-10-at-110244-am.png

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

monolith.jpg

Persecute the non-believer!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

That’s the most DPS statement I’ve ever read. 

18 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

monolith.jpg

+ you are absolutely correct 

if you’re going to do it then you’ve gotta do it with a solid piece of metal

seems like something a photographer would do for a photo shoot rather than a piece of art built to last

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

monolith.jpg

Your mom's a monolith. 

16 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

monolith.jpg

plus, if you enhance, you can see a tiny signature reading "Slartibartfast" along the side.  I hear he did some great work with the fjords.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

In consideration of the purity of the setting, the perverse man made shining elegant beam interrupting the serenity of nature symbolizing man's beautiful yet harmful impact to the natural world, the artist should've etched MADE IN CHINA on the monolith. That would've wowed the art world and triggered everyone. 

44 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I mean, clearly it’s aliens, but what if, instead of leaving some geometric signaling device to alert them of our advancement, it’s really just some abstract art product they’re spamming the galaxy with?

So it’s from the intergalactic version of a Nigerian prince?

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So it’s from the intergalactic version of a Nigerian prince?

Dude!

The emails from the Nigerian prince have a secret code that explains how to prepare for their landing. Due to the aliens following Covid protocols, the details are only sent to a selected few. 

Welp:

https://www.cnet.com/news/mysterious-monolith-puzzle-has-been-solved-by-internet-sleuths/

Historical imaging data reflected that the monolith arrived sometime between August 2015 and October 2016, leaving open a fairly significant gap. Roughly around that time, the epic sci-fi drama Westworld was filming in a nearby location, so the best bet at the moment is that someone on the crew either didn't pack up properly or maybe even used the metal to play a longterm Kubrick-inspired prank on the world.

The location had also been used in a number of other TV shows and movies, from more recent films like 127 Hours and Mission: Impossible 2, stretching all the way back to classic westerns in the 1940s and 1960s -- though the chances that the westerns left behind a 10-12 foot metal monolith is about as unlikely as the alien scenario.

13 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Welp:

https://www.cnet.com/news/mysterious-monolith-puzzle-has-been-solved-by-internet-sleuths/

Historical imaging data reflected that the monolith arrived sometime between August 2015 and October 2016, leaving open a fairly significant gap. Roughly around that time, the epic sci-fi drama Westworld was filming in a nearby location, so the best bet at the moment is that someone on the crew either didn't pack up properly or maybe even used the metal to play a longterm Kubrick-inspired prank on the world.

The location had also been used in a number of other TV shows and movies, from more recent films like 127 Hours and Mission: Impossible 2, stretching all the way back to classic westerns in the 1940s and 1960s -- though the chances that the westerns left behind a 10-12 foot metal monolith is about as unlikely as the alien scenario.

Goddammit I thought I was done with Westworld disappointing me until Season 4.  

Edited by Planet Houston
  • Hook 'Em 2