The Last Truly Enjoyable Moment as a Texas Longhorns Football Fan

Surly Bevo

8 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Close.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=282850201

2008 Texas ousux game was the last time I felt we had the BEST football program.  It was the last BIG TIME enjoyable football moment for me.  It was the first time in my life I witnessed Texas earning the #1 spot in a regular season game.  #5 beats #1--on the field in our most important rivalry game.  Chris O was a grown ass man that day.  Coach BOOM fired up the defense.  After stuffing myself with 5 corn dogs and 12+ beers, I realized we were finally undisputed #1. 

Pfft...Lightweight.🙄

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Jesus, some of you are like abused trailer park wives. 

The Sugar Bowl win over Georgia to cap off our first 10-win season since 2009 wasn't truly enjoyable for some of you????  The beatdown over USC and the win over OU in the Cotton Bowl earlier in that season weren't truly enjoyable??? 

Sure, those wins were in the middle of a Tom Herman tenure that has turned out disappointing.  But with the Longhorns win over aggy in 2011, we found a way to bask in an important victory amidst the Mack Brown FYPM years. 

Don't be such vaginas.

It got negated by our shit following year and made me realize that maybe Georgia really didn’t want to be there

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 hours ago, Rip76 said:

I throughly enjoyed beating Utah’s ass too.

Beating ou by 21 should have been the answer to this god damned question.

Beating Okie St was too bittersweet to be the answer.

So, yeah, it's gotta be the blowout bowl win over a pretty good Utah team.

For me, it was watching Bevo try to eliminate ugga and the Horns dominating a highly-ranked Georgia team, culminating in the we're baaaaaaaaack proclamation. I believed it at the time and went to sleep that night happy and optomistic for our program's future. The 6-7 bourbons I had through the course of the game didn't hurt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Earl Haffler said:

the. day. before this:

Yeah, that was an interception...that should have been voided by pass interference. That was back when PI was called like it should be called today, only it wasn’t on that play. And get off my lawn. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

So let me get this straight. In 2018, the 11-2 #5 ranked bulldogs  didn't want to be in the Sugar Bowl, and thus rolled over for  #15 Texas. Yet in 2019, the 11-2 #5 ranked bulldogs, fresh off a loss in the SEC conference championship game, apparently wanted to be in the Sugar Bowl as they beat #7 ranked Baylor. Makes total sense. Got it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

This thread is some weak, sad shit.

Many, many enjoyable moments since, and frankly, that one wasn’t even that ‘big’. Two middling teams play a rivalry game... and the one who usually wins, won.

Thank you.  Good Lord ... if that Aggie victory was your last truly enjoyable moment as a Longhorn fan you should quit following the team or football in general.

33 minutes ago, Blotto said:

So let me get this straight. In 2018, the 11-2 #5 ranked bulldogs  didn't want to be in the Sugar Bowl, and thus rolled over for  #15 Texas. Yet in 2019, the 11-2 #5 ranked bulldogs, fresh off a loss in the SEC conference championship game, apparently wanted to be in the Sugar Bowl as they beat #7 ranked Baylor. Makes total sense. Got it. 

they didn’t want to be there either time.  we’re just better than baylor. 

15 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Another angle ... 

I’m stunned that all of the non-military personnel and non-football participants shown in the video that were on the sacred ground did not have swords pulled on them and subsequently run through by the defenders of freedom and the aggy way.

Stunned I tell you.

OP intended this thread to be an indictment of the state of the program. Reality is that it is much more of a sad comment on himself and his inability to enjoy life.

Jesus fucking Christ you cheap dime store psychiatrist. It was the 9th anniversary of the Tucker kick and the last game against aggy I used some hyperbole to amp it up. Just like you are doing here.

If you even read the thread there was a discussion on how Baylor beat our ass the next week where I joked about facts getting in the way of scoreboard.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

OP intended this thread to be an indictment of the state of the program. Reality is that it is much more of a sad comment on himself and his inability to enjoy life.

23 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Jesus fucking Christ you cheap dime store psychiatrist. It was the 9th anniversary of the Tucker kick and the last game against aggy I used some hyperbole to amp it up. Just like you are doing here.

If you even read the thread there was a discussion on how Baylor beat our ass the next week where I joked about facts getting in the way of scoreboard.

Thanksgiving is going to be fun at yalls house

Shouldn't have come to that and got eradicated by multiple shitty follow up losses.  

If “shouldn’t have come to that” is the bar for enjoying beating a playoff bound OU team with the Heisman trophy winner and #1 pick at quarterback on a last second kick, how tf does beating a 6-6 aggy team the same way not qualify?
  • Hook 'Em 2

While I have had other happy moments, there are two that rain supreme!  Both of them are VY games during the championship run!

the first was the OU game where we destroyed the gooner boomers.  We had great seats and had smuggled in a quart of Crown in a bladder and hose rig in my junk.  I was hosing my buddies coke while squeezing what looked like my junk.  The old lady next to me eyed me suspiciously and said “ Son just what are you doing?”  I smiled and said “Crown Royal”. She smiled and held over her Coke for me to hose too.  Just then Jamal broke loose.

After the game we took in the car shows in the halls,a d while nobody was looking, my buddy, like me a well know rock climber mountaineer climbed the Jeep Climbing tower.  This Okie looking red neck reacted with outrage and snarled, “Just what the hell do you think you are doing?”  To which my buddy replied, “Anything I want!  We let him cat fishing in outrage.

the second was the rose bowl, and the ecstasy of the win.  Afterwards we went to an In and Out Burger, and this trailer trash looking bitch was trash talking about all the Longhorns in the joint.  Being very drunk I walked up to her and her boyfriend, and said to the boyfriend that “You need to tell you butt puppet to shut the fuck up”. He just looked at me scared because I am not a small man.  Then the whole place burst out into the Eyes of Texas!

peaks to remember!

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, ousux said:

Yeah, I admit to enjoying the fuck out of the Sugar Bowl from beginning to end.

That was probably the last truly enjoyable moment, beating the Ewok in Dallas was cool, but we almost let them come back in that one, then got our shit pushed in for the CCG.

is everyone clear on what the word 'moment' means?  bringing shit up that happened months later that apparently ruined the previous event for you is fucking retarded

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

is everyone clear on what the word 'moment' means?  bringing shit up that happened months later that apparently ruined the previous event for you is fucking retarded

Exactly. My exact thoughts reading this. Who cares what happened later that season. We had no idea in that moment. OU in 2018 was very fun. With that logic, the 2008 OU win was not enjoyable because of what happened at Tech weeks later. But that has been one of the more enjoyable games I can remember as a UT fan, especially the opponent and setting.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:43 PM, Doc Reeves said:

Watched the last A&M game in a small ex-pat bar in Argentina. Somehow when we won a group of people from Austin appeared and we exchanged hugs and high fives- save for the Argentine guys who were trying to fuck the girls of the group. 

I will never forget it.

-and I never want to play aggy again 

This. Fuck 'em. 

On 11/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, Blotto said:

That was my PC desktop image for a couple of years because it always made me laugh. there is a lot of greatness in that photo. 

LMAO at the chick down in front ...

Screw Aggie.jpg

73e4e977c570f563c4de2e85daab6363.jpg

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1