#19 Texas vs UT-RGV, 7pm on LHN

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, HookEm said:

Where is Will Baker? Crazy that we have a 5-star that isn’t even getting minutes.

i posted two years ago that when my dad and i went to watch him and KJ Adams that we were wholly unimpressed, and that the word was that he was a typical rich kid who'd always had everything and didn't work hard. fast forward to today and Brock is sculpted, in great shape, and contributing regularly, while Baker rides the pine and is the only guy on the team who isn't chiseled. i'm not blaming his Westlake upbringing- Mihm was awesome and Buckman was the shit, not to mention, again, Cunningham. Just saying that the profile on Baker seems to have been accurate.

Just now, shadow_operative said:

i posted two years ago that when my dad and i went to watch him and KJ Adams that we were wholly unimpressed, and that the word was that he was a typical rich kid who'd always had everything and didn't work hard. fast forward to today and Brock is sculpted, in great shape, and contributing regularly, while Baker rides the pine and is the only guy on the team who isn't chiseled. i'm not blaming his Westlake upbringing- Mihm was awesome and Buckman was the shit, not to mention, again, Cunningham. Just saying that the profile on Baker seems to have been accurate.

knowing baker, i just dont think he is super passionate about basketball. and outside of his height he isnt necessarily naturally gifted. just dont think he cares much about the game. he loves film and photography though

20 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

BTW. Texas is the defending NIT Champion for two years in a row.

aggy would put that shit on a wall somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

The good news is this team has a TON of talent

The bad news is they should really be up 35 by now with that talent

The good news is this is game #1.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crum said:

knowing baker, i just dont think he is super passionate about basketball. and outside of his height he isnt necessarily naturally gifted. just dont think he cares much about the game. he loves film and photography though

that'll happen. there was some dude way back in the day who was a top 5-10 national player and the headliner of one of those ABCD camps. he found himself 1 on 1 (as the defender) on a fast break vs some no-name kid who was a year younger than him and thin as a rail. the no-name kid ended up posterizing the stud with a windmill dunk, and it actually sent the star player spiraling into a depression. he played a couple of totally irrelevant seasons at some place like St.John's before he realized that he had no love for the game, and that he'd just always played because he was tall and people expected him to play. after a little while he was able to move on with his life and was the better for it.

oh yeah, the no-name kid who ended this guy's career? Fella by the name of Tracy McGrady. 

Edited by shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that'll happen. there was some dude way back in the day who was a top 5-10 national player and the headliner of one of those ABCD camps. he found himself 1 on 1 (as the defender) on a fast break vs some no-name kid who was a year younger than him and skinny as a rail. the no-name kid ended up posterizing the stud with a windmill dunk, and it actually sent the star player spiraling into a depression. he played a couple of totally irrelevant seasons at some place like St.John's before he realized that he had no love for the game, and that he'd just always played because he was tall and people expected him to play. after a little while he was able to move on with his life and was the better for it.

oh yeah, the no-name kid who ended this guy's career? Fella by the name of Tracy McGrady. 

So both players won the same number of nba playoff series in their lives?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

I don't know shit about basketball but shouldn't we be beating these twerps by 40 points if we're a top 20 team ?

Does being picked 3rd in the wac mean they’re a notch above cannon fodder?  
they do apparently have 2 conference dpoy playing, one in the wac and th transfer from whatever league stony brook is in. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

11 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So the spread on the game was 20.5 and we win by 36.  Is that good enough for all you bitching about how we look?

30+ should be expected over UT RGV.  from a score standpoint and a D standpoint they did what was expected.  liked what I saw from Liddell and Jones.  They seem very athletic.

I'm from Missouri at this point given the competition but at least it wasnt a Kent State/Radford.