#19 Texas vs UT-RGV, 7pm on LHN

shadow_operative

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Still no shooters. Every basket can’t be a putback dunk or layup against decent competition. 

Yeah. Sooo much talent. Elite defense. And the offensive sets are still stuck in the stone age. Real shame this roster doesn't have someone more competent running the show.

yeah. the size and athleticism is as advertised, if not better. this is looking like the most physically impressive team at UT possibly ever. the 2010 team had Doj, Avery Bradley, Damion James, Jordan Hamilton, Alexis Wangmene, and Dexter Pittman; this team is even more athletic if simply not quite as big.

2 hours ago, SDG said:

-20.5 is a lot for a nice guy like Shaka so the 1st half at -11.5 is probably a better bet (I took it).  

this may not age well but at least CBB is back and the beer is flowing.  

I’m drinking on the detractors tonight. 

22 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

This team talent has a high ceiling.  Next two games against Davidson and Villanova will be interesting to watch.

so i just learned this, but that game against davidson is actually the first game of the "maui" invitational.  there will be games next monday, tuesday and wednesday (and then villanova on sunday).

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

so i just learned this, but that game against davidson is actually the first game of the "maui" invitational.  there will be games next monday, tuesday and wednesday (and then villanova on sunday).

That’s good news and should be great tourney to test this team.  

1 hour ago, SDG said:

You said since DJ and KD when Mo happened after and went 6th hence my question.  

You are a real jackass. You purposely left out where he said “in college”. College performance does not correlate to NBA draft exactly. @SDG

Edited by Irieguy
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

You are a real jackass. You purposely left out where he said “in college”. College performance does not correlate to NBA draft exactly. @SDG

Shut up sock the adults are having a conversation.  

if you haven’t figured that out there are better boards for you.   

no creativity in the half court might end up being a bigger problem than shooting for us. we have enough athleticism to still be efficient offensively if we rebound the ball well, but there have been open players against this zone defense, yet nobody with the ball for Texas has been able to take advantage. this is where we really miss having a true PG. Isaiah Taylor would slice up that zone in a heartbeat.