Animals Infected With COVID-19 Variant Are Rising From the Dead in Denmark

Doc Reeves

because, of course they are. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/25/culled-mink-rise-from-the-dead-denmark-coronavirus

Dead mink are rising from their graves in Denmark after a rushed cull over fears of a coronavirus mutation led to thousands being slaughtered and buried in shallow pits – from which some are now emerging.

“As the bodies decay, gases can be formed,” Thomas Kristensen, a national police spokesman, told the state broadcaster DR. “This causes the whole thing to expand a little. In this way, in the worst cases, the mink get pushed out of the ground.”

Police in West Jutland, where several thousand mink were buried in a mass grave on a military training field, have tried to counter the macabre phenomenon by shovelling extra soil on top of the corpses, which are in a 1 metre-deep trench.

“This is a natural process,” Kristensen said. “Unfortunately, one metre of soil is not just one metre of soil –it depends on what type of soil it is. The problem is that the sandy soil in West Jutland is too light. So we have had to lay more soil on top.”

Adding to the popular concern, local media reported that the animals may also have been buried too close to lakes and underground water reserves, prompting fears of possible contamination of ground and drinking water supplies.

On 11/26/2020 at 7:14 AM, bernorange said:

I read the thread title and totally didn't even scoff at the notion that 2020 might give rise to a zombie apocalypse.

We’re running out of time for the remaining horrors of 2020.   Preppers are probably getting pissed as the game clock winds down and no apocalypse is emerging.  

• 4 weeks later...

Zombie mink talk not going away.

the original horror movie was pretty good...killing 17 million minks

the 2nd one lived up to the first, even if the zombie storyline is getting a bit long in the tooth. 

this third one (incineration) is a plot twist I didn’t see coming.

Part 4 where they call dan ankroyd, Bill murray, et al out of retirement to deal with the evil spirits/ghosts is a plot line only believable in Hollywood...if it weren’t 2020.

9612ED11-498A-4A00-A1A8-83991815D0EC.jpeg

I don't want to tell the Danes their business...but if my country is just 17,000 square miles, most of which is along oceans, seas, and rivers...and I've got 17,000,000 dead minks.  I think that's like, and correct me if I'm wrong here Sandy, 1000 dead minks per square mile.  Or, as we say in zombie zoology, a fucking lot of dead minks per square mile for such a little country.  Covid-19 or no Covid-19.  You probably shouldn't bury 1000 dead per square mile of any fucking species.  It's a country barely larger than Maryland made almost entirely of water and you didn't see the 17,000,000 dead minks underground as being a problem to the water supply? 

Even if the 17mm minks had all died honorable deaths fighting the Nazis and wanted proper military burials and Covid-19 wasn't even a thing...I'd still do things...torch every last one of them to save the water table, and then form a national tribunal to answer the question...why does our tiny country have 3 minks for every one fucking citizen?  That makes no goddamn sense!

Edited by Lobo

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't want to tell the Danes their business...but if my country is just 17,000 square miles, most of which is along oceans, seas, and rivers...and I've got 17,000,000 dead minks.  I think that's like, and correct me if I'm wrong here Sandy, 1000 dead minks per square mile.  Or, as we say in zombie zoology, a fucking lot of dead minks per square mile for such a little country.  Covid-19 or no Covid-19.  You probably shouldn't bury 1000 dead per square mile of any fucking species.  It's a country barely larger than Maryland made almost entirely of water and you didn't see the 17,000,000 dead minks underground as being a problem to the water supply? 

Even if the 17mm minks had all died honorable deaths fighting the Nazis and wanted proper military burials and Covid-19 wasn't even a thing...I'd still do things...torch every last one of them to save the water table, and then form a national tribunal to answer the question...why does our tiny country have 3 minks for every one fucking citizen?  That makes no goddamn sense!

At least consult with Craig James about disposing of bodies. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

They don’t have a PETA chapter?

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

You probably shouldn't bury 1000 dead per square mile of any fucking species.  It's a country barely larger than Maryland made almost entirely of water and you didn't see the 17,000,000 dead minks underground as being a problem to the water supply? 

that's not even 2 an acre. 

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

I didn’t quote the article but what you’re suggesting was the original plan... but turns out, the Danes are only equipped to incinerate 11.5 million minks on short notice...

now they’re going back for the remaining 5.5M

[quote]“The an­i­mals had been sup­posed to have been in­cin­er­ated, but the scale of the cull meant that up to 5.5 mil­lion mink were buried near the towns of Karup and Hol­ste­bro.”[/quote]

and then there’s this:

[quote]Dis­pos­ing of the an­i­mals has been a chal­lenge. Mink are par­tic­u­larly sus­cep­ti­ble to the virus be­cause they are vul­ner­a­ble to coro­n-aviruses and are raised in tightly-packed cages in large num­bers, mak­ing it eas­ier to spread. Re­searchers found seven dif­fer­ent types of mu­ta­tions in the spike pro­tein of the virus among farmed mink af­ter they caught it from farm­work­ers. One of those mu­ta­tions car­ried four ge­netic changes that in­creased the virus’s re­sis­tance to an­ti­bod­ies—po­ten-tially mak­ing it more re­sis­tant to vac­cines.

A dozen farm­work­ers were also found to have been in­fected by the mu­ta­tion, mak­ing it the first known ex­am­ple of an­i­mals catch­ing the virus from hu­mans and then pass­ing it back. It hasn’t spread any fur­ther.[/quote]

4C7F65E0-463C-4065-834C-406B209F4452.jpeg

Edited by UTexasFight

Good question.  It still serves a purpose I suppose for people that live in harsh climates who don't have access to Patagonia or something?  I know they overpriced that shit back in the day in the U.S., but maybe it's affordable if you're closer to the course?  I dunno.  

About ten years ago this December, we were in Dallas.  And saw a woman in a long, poofy mink/furcoat (I don't know the difference and don't care).  Anyway, half the people in the restaurant bar area were staring at her as she waited.  I think she thought people were jealous of her coat, that was not the case.  It was a Chris Rock kinda moment like, 'Damn, they still make you?'  To which she'd reply, "Of course they still make mink coats, this is from Neiman's."  And Chris Rock replies, "No woman, I didn't know they still made bitches like you."  /csb 

If I'm a Danish mink incinerator squad member, I'm using my breaks to google where women in Europe/Asia buy the most minks.  After the incineration campaign is over, I'm taking my bonus pay and traveling to some of those places.  And telling every attractive woman I see that I work in the mink industry back in Aarhus and can get them a free mink, and getting half of them into bed with me.  Sure, it'll be awkward the next morning when I have to tell them I was just burning zombie minks for the good of the Danes.  But oh, the memories we'd have.  

Well i guess I gotta ask since it’s 2020, can they still extract the fat/oil from the minks as they dig them up, but before incineration?  Seems to me it’s a two for one, more oil to boost their economy and less oil inside their bodies so the massive mink fires don’t burn as long or emotionally disturb as many danish children at Christmas.