Texans. Lions. Thanksgiving incompetence.

ztejas

47 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If anything it's prescriptive of how much Houston plays below their talent. They came into the game as a better team than Detroit (records be damned), have all those takeaways, etc. They should be up 30. They are a decent team masquerading as a bad team.

Go get drunk and pick a fight with your mother in law. You have no idea what you're talking about. 

Go get drunk and pick a fight with your mother in law. You have no idea what you're talking about. 
I don't? Which part do you disagree with? That the Texans are talented or that they're bad?

Arguing with either point would be stupid. But bring it on.

"I don't seek you out", says guy who bypasses 20 posts calling the game terrible on a thread calling the game terrible to quote my post about the game being terrible.

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

With no running game...

I was telling my little brother, who's not as much of an NFL guy, that it's like if you put LeBron on the (insert really shitty NBA team here) and asked him to make the playoffs.

Deshaun isn't quite that good but he's close.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

I don't? Which part do you disagree with? That the Texans are talented or that they're bad?

Arguing with either point would be stupid. But bring it on.

"I don't seek you out", says guy who bypasses 20 posts calling the game terrible on a thread calling the game terrible to quote my post about the game being terrible.

Your lack of self awareness is worse than Derka. No, I don't seek you out, you just post really stupid shit and I happen to post on this site a lot in general. 

As a whole - the Texans are not talented. We have an elite QB, 2 good receivers, an elite but aging DE, one good OLineman, one or two good LBs depending on the day, and one above average player in the secondary. Our starting RB would not make the 2 deep on half the teams in the league. We have players in the secondary who get meaningful snaps that would be lucky to make the practice squad on some rosters. We have one TE that Deshaun makes look good and another TE that wouldn't see the field for most teams. The entire right side of our OL couldn't block a plastic bag drifting through the wind. Our kicker is fucking useless outside of 40 yards.

Outside of Deshaun we have bar none one of the worst rosters in the league if not the worst. I struggle to think of teams that you could put DW on that would end up being worse than this Texans team. There might not be any. Maybe the fucking Jets or Jaguars - I mean you really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel. 

I get it - you watch one or two Texans games and see Deshaun and think "what's up with these guys? They could be great!" while failing to realize that DW is squeezing every fucking ounce of ability out of everyone on this roster. You think we are what should be a decent team playing poorly - when in fact we are basically a dumpster fire being led by a generational talent at the most important position on the field. We would almost without a doubt be 0-11 right now with AJ McCarron. Maybe 1-10 with some bullshit win against JAX. 

Your lack of self awareness is worse than Derka. No, I don't seek you out, you just post really stupid shit and I happen to post on this site a lot in general. 
As a whole - the Texans are not talented. We have an elite QB, 2 good receivers, an elite but aging DE, one good OLineman, one or two good LBs depending on the day, and one above average player in the secondary. Our starting RB would not make the 2 deep on half the teams in the league. We have players in the secondary who get meaningful snaps that would be lucky to make the practice squad on some rosters. We have one TE that Deshaun makes look good and another TE that wouldn't see the field for most teams. The entire right side of our OL couldn't block a plastic bag drifting through the wind. Our kicker is fucking useless outside of 40 yards.
Outside of Deshaun we have bar none one of the worst rosters in the league if not the worst. I struggle to think of teams that you could put DW on that would end up being worse than this Texans team. There might not be any. Maybe the fucking Jets or Jaguars - I mean you really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel. 
I get it - you watch one or two Texans games and see Deshaun and think "what's up with these guys? They could be great!" while failing to realize that DW is squeezing every fucking ounce of ability out of everyone on this roster. You think we are what should be a decent team playing poorly - when in fact we are basically a dumpster fire being led by a generational talent at the most important position on the field. We would almost without a doubt be 0-11 right now with AJ McCarron. Maybe 1-10 with some bullshit win against JAX. 
You have an elite QB, an elite left tackle, a decent O line, decent WRs, and one of the best edge rushers in football. Top tier players at 3 of the 4 most important positions in the sport. You're 4-7. Two of those 4 wins are against Jacksonville.

An elite mobile QB is a fast pass to at least 9 wins in the modern NFL. You made the playoffs multiple years in a row with essentially the same roster minus Hopkins.

But you're right. Bill O'Brien and Romeo Crennel have done a wonderful job. Please tell me more about how I post dumb shit

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

You have an elite QB, an elite left tackle, a decent O line, decent WRs, and one of the best edge rushers in football. Top tier players at 3 of the 4 most important positions in the sport. You're 4-7. Two of those 4 wins are against Jacksonville.

An elite mobile QB is a fast pass to at least 9 wins in the modern NFL. You made the playoffs multiple years in a row with essentially the same roster minus Hopkins.

But you're right. Bill O'Brien and Romeo Crennel have done a wonderful job. Please tell me more about how I post dumb shit emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Lmao decent wr? Decent OL? Who is one of the best edge rushers in football? Are you talking about Watt and have we gone back in time? 

Lmao decent wr? Decent OL? Who is one of the best edge rushers in football? Are you talking about Watt and have we gone back in time? 
I mean there are two possibilities:

- A team that has the talent to make the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years suddenly only has 6-10 ability and is the 3rd least talented team in football (lmao) after losing one player

Or

- Bill O'Brien and Romeo Crennel are shitty.

I know where my money is.

31 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

after losing one player

You're leaving shitty take land and entering troll territory. I'm not sure why you are so insistent and defensive about something that you are completely out of the loop on. 

Not only are you hilariously wrong about "losing one player" but you seem to think that 10-6 and a playoff win was an expected result last season when that team really had no business being in that position. 

Deshaun led FIVE game winning drives last year and Buffalo dicked around and kept handing us the game in the WC until one team basically had to win by default.

This team is nothing without DW. If he is what elevates us to a "mediocre team" based on his talent alone then so be it - but that doesn't make the other 21 positions on the field any less unimpressive. 

It’s not like Fuller + Cooks is the worst combo in the league, and at times Stills/Cobb could be serviceable 3rd or 4th wide outs. The OL is definitely below average, the DL can’t generate a consistent pass rush, and the secondary is bad. Duke Johnson is ok but the rest of the RBs...is that Aggy fullback still on the roster? Fuck, we’d be better off having weekly open tryouts of undrafted RBs from SEC and ACC schools to get the hungriest dudes with talent over what we have at that position now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Doesn’t bode well for his mullet-rocking son Steve who became an NFL DC with zero college or pro playing experience and zero coaching experience before reporting to daddy and Schiano. 

To be fair, Steve is his seed, not simply a branch on his tree.

Their D has not been the issue this year - for the most part. They tore Kyler's ass up today.