we are going to lose out

MrPhlegm

This team is not going to lose to Kansas.  The game not happening is more likely than us losing.  

But yeah, it's looking very much like 6-4 and a trip to Houston for the Texas Bowl.  

In year two, I said Tom Herman would average 5 losses per season here at Texas and everybody told me I was wrong.  After two seasons, he was averaging 5 losses/season (granted a small sample size).  In three seasons, he was still averaging 5 losses per season.  It seems between @KSU and a bowl game against a decent opponent, Tom will average 5 losses/season at Texas after 4 seasons.  Not really sure how you justify paying $6mm (all-in) for that kinda record.

As if it matters.

We couldn’t  win the conference against a crippled group of teams, and take the usual loss vs blowtard U- an “arch rival” in name only since they regularly beat us in the first 2 decades of this millennium.

Just glad we don’t have to face Maryland.

I guess mediocre results for premium pay is our style.

Edited by El Squared

It doesn’t matter bro.  Season is already fucked.  Losing, or winning, now makes no difference.

Herman is a total shithead for the way he managed our games this year.  All 3 of our losses can be traced back to clueless and idiotic play calling on a critical end of game situation.  And these weren’t difficult to identify either when the situations arose— the highest success percentage solutions were obvious to anyone who watches a lot of football.  But instead, Herman put us at inherent disadvantages and never in the best position to win the game.

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

This team is not going to lose to Kansas.  The game not happening is more likely than us losing.  

But yeah, it's looking very much like 6-4 and a trip to Houston for the Texas Bowl.  

In year two, I said Tom Herman would average 5 losses per season here at Texas and everybody told me I was wrong.  After two seasons, he was averaging 5 losses/season (granted a small sample size).  In three seasons, he was still averaging 5 losses per season.  It seems between @KSU and a bowl game against a decent opponent, Tom will average 5 losses/season at Texas after 4 seasons.  Not really sure how you justify paying $6mm (all-in) for that kinda record.

Stewart Mandel’s latest Bowl prediction is Texas v UArk in the Texas Bowl.

Edited by AustinMT

Losing to Iowa State really helped Oklahoma in it’s bid to play in the conference championship.   Having done that, Tom will now win out and let people talk about Texas as being on the right trajectory and that this COVID season should not count against him.

The real question is how many years will they want to extend Herman’s contract?

Losing to Iowa State really helped Oklahoma in it’s bid to play in the conference championship.   Having done that, Tom will now win out and let people talk about Texas as being on the right trajectory and that this COVID season should not count against him.

The real question is how many years will they want to extend Herman’s contract?

Still a chance for Tom Herman to do something really special during his tenure.  Should he lose his bowl game, Tom Herman will join Mack Brown as the only two coaches in Longhorn history to lose 4+ games in 4 consecutive seasons.  Both are nationally respected members of fraud and grift.  Not even Price, McWilliams, or Strong can lay claim to such feats.  

Still a chance for Tom Herman to do something really special during his tenure.  Should he lose his bowl game, Tom Herman will join Mack Brown as the only two coaches in Longhorn history to lose 4+ games in 4 consecutive seasons.  Both are nationally respected members of fraud and grift.  Not even Price, McWilliams, or Strong can lay claim to such feats.  

eff mack and tom
  • Hook 'Em 1