• Fuente
    • Cristobal
    • Allen
    • Some NFL assistant ....name him
    • Some college assistant.....name him
    • Harbaugh
    • Other....name him

Just now, mdmost said:

Roll the dice with Fickell. More than likely we'll be back here in 4 years asking who the next HFBC will be. 

The biggest problem I have is we keep on hiring Urban's assistants, but it's clear who the magic was behind them.

While Fickell looked good this year, he wasn't great as OSU's interim coach, and he really lacks connections down here.

If we can't get Urban, we are probably in the same situation as we are now in 4 years. Might as well make it interesting and hire someone like Joe Brady.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, GabrielsHorn said:

The biggest problem I have is we keep on hiring Urban's assistants, but it's clear who the magic was behind them.

While Fickell looked good this year, he wasn't great as OSU's interim coach, and he really lacks connections down here.

If we can't get Urban, we are probably in the same situation as we are now in 4 years. Might as well make it interesting and hire someone like Joe Brady.

Ryan Day seems to have the magic. Or would you consider that the same way Lincoln has the magic at ou? Like if either of those guys were at different schools, would they still be successful?

Just now, taybo20 said:

Ryan Day seems to have the magic. Or would you consider that the same way Lincoln has the magic at ou? Like if either of those guys were at different schools, would they still be successful?

We'll find out next year how good Day actually is as the Big Ten has imploded. However, the network around OSU football is so strong that even an average coach would look good there. 

Don't care, someone cheap.  If we're gonna keep settling for slightly above average play, we should at least pay only slightly above average money. I'd rather hire a dude who is slightly underqualified and give him an incentive laden contact.  Just remind yourself that OU has hired two theoretically underqualified coaches in a row that have coached circles around our "big name" hires. 

But the again, it's not my money.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It won’t happen and it’s almost as dumb as suggesting Saban or Dabo. The guy was in the Super Bowl last year. He’s not leaving the NFL any time soon. Why do we insist on looking like Texags?

Uhm, I left Jimmy Johnson, Parcells and Cowher out for a reason.  If we're gonna dreamcast, I think Tomlin would do well here

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It won’t happen and it’s almost as dumb as suggesting Saban or Dabo. The guy was in the Super Bowl last year. He’s not leaving the NFL any time soon. Why do we insist on looking like Texags?

It asked who we would want, not who do we have a shot at. Wtf? I made it obviously clear who I would want, not who is going to come. 

Just now, Boogaloo said:

Desperate times bud , he's done his time in exile and there hasn't been much of an uptick in rapes out in Mt Vernon since hes been coaching high school ball out there

No Texas fan is desperate enough to hire Art Briles.  Art Carney or Art Linklater would be more  likely.  Fuck him, Mt. Vernon, Jeff Lebby, Casey Horny and all his minions.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, fellside said:

I don't really have an opinion other than that list is incredibly depressing.

I'm telling you its Urban or bust, other than beign able to land an NFL HC.  I could live with Harsin, Cristobal, Peterson, I guess they're better than Herman.  I can't guarantee Fleck, Fickell, Franklin are better than Herman

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

If it won’t happen then don’t mention it. If I’m being honest I’d rather have Saban than Meyer. But it won’t happen so I’ve never mentioned that. 

Well thanks for clarifying that I should do as you do, and not do as I please. 

Who gives a shit who I mentioned? I chose other and said who I wanted to say. I'm sorry you're up in arms over a response that you didn't like. 

• immamac changed the title to The Surly Official 2020 Corching Search Thread of DOOM and DESPAIR