• Fuente
    • Cristobal
    • Allen
    • Some NFL assistant ....name him
    • Some college assistant.....name him
    • Harbaugh
    • Other....name him

Just now, Bevo said:

I'm just not seeing it. He ain't stopping Bama from paying big money for Waddle and he ain't got the clout to bring in 5 star talent over Riley, Day, and Swinney. But, we can revisit it in 4 years. This time it will be different.

Ya I hear ya, just rock and a hard place at that point. He’s gonna be able to (hopefully) be able to tell people I won a big 12 championship at Iowa state and beat OU twice, just wait to see what I do with this level of talent. I have zero clue about his recruiting so can’t comment but who knows, guess we will know if he actually hires a bag man. We know our admin and BMDs were fine with us playing the game if there were that deep With UM. Honestly it’s just all unknown at this point...but I do know if it’s still Herman we can just skip recruiting for a couple years 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

As to the question, "Well, do you want killer good recruiters or do you want assistant coaches who can develop talent?" Looking at the above list, both Georgia and Alabama have two assistants on the recruiter list and they put plenty of guys in the league, so they've obviously figured out how to do both. But if you force me to choose, I take the rainmakers. Just get the talent in here; we'll figure it out after they get here.

Cause that worked so well for Chuck and Tommy...lack of development has literally been the biggest negative recruiting pitch against texas 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not MSU then compared to ISU now. Not MSU then compared to MSU under Mark Dantonio. Saban never won a conference championship at MSU and, if he'd ever had this year's ISU record when he was in E. Lansing, he would have. Like the Big XII now, back then the Big Ten didn't have divisions. Unlike the Big XII now, back then the Big Ten didn't have a championship game that guaranteed a rematch every year. Finish the regular season with the best conference record and you were the conference champion. They didn't offer do-overs to losers. 

You seem like a miserable cunt. I wouldn’t say all the time but every now and then you really bring it home. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Cashcar said:

to combat that, you need Hartzell to agree to look the other way re Boosters...

I think he could have done that if Urban asked. Campbell isn't going to ask and if he did, he wouldn't get the money. It takes a team approach. You need a willing coach who knows how to play the game, you need a willing administration, you need willing boosters, and you need to hire a team with guys like Clint Hurtt and Dameyune Craig who can set things up.

• Hook 'Em 1

The funny thing to me is that we would be better off with minor changes. Get rid of Herman. Get rid of Hand. Get rid of whoever we have on the DLine and WR. And for golfclap consider a change at RB coach. Bring in a real leader as a head coach and some rainmakers and we are done. Fuck, I could build a team and I know as much as that dog who types on the computer.

Personally, I think Urban could have kept our entire staff minus Herman and Hand and won our conference. Shit, he could have probably done it by just demoting Herman and getting rid of one of the d-line coaches.

10 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

If Campbell leaves I wonder if Heacock would get a look for ISU Head Coach. If we got Campbell it'd be nice to get Heacock too since he's fielded very successful defenses in such an offensively dynamic conference.

Thought it was pretty much a given that Heacock is their next HC

26 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You seem like a miserable cunt. I wouldn’t say all the time but every now and then you really bring it home. 

Sorry I don't always tell you what you want to hear. I realize that's all you care about. It doesn't matter to you whether I'm right or not. That's not your approach to understanding reality. 

44 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This is my ideal situation as well. I’m sure he would want a couple guys with him but I’d imagine Iowa st would want to promote one of his coordinators to take his place. I don’t think Campbell is a star type coach that’s exciting like Riley or Urbam but I think he could at minimum replicate what Brian Kelly has done at Notre Dame. My biggest question was about recruiting but if the staff is in place that alleviates some concerns plus winning is the biggest cure all...

I don’t know shit about fuck when it comes to his assistants but whoever is responsible for identifying and developing running backs for Campbell needs to come with him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Sorry I don't always tell you what you want to hear. I realize that's all you care about. It doesn't matter to you whether I'm right or not. That's not your approach to understanding reality. 

The big 10 not playing a title game because they don’t give losers a second chance doesn’t have shit to do with what I want or don’t want to hear. In saban’s years the big 10 only had 11 teams and couldn’t play a title game. You made up a reality. I called you a cunt for it. The big 10 also fucked themselves constantly by having 50 day lay offs in between games allowing other conferences to rise in the rankings. It wasn’t a “losers don’t get a second chance” mentality, it was a we don’t have 12 teams reality. 

47 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

The problem with Matt Campbell is, he has no Texas ties whatsoever. He also seems to be a very "above board" guy. I don't think he will play the shady game, and that is what it will take to get out of this hole. 

CHIEF

Maybe hire Darrell Wyatt and Frank Okam or some shit with Campbell 

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Not having Heacock clouds Campbell's upside significantly. Heacock is a defensive genius, his inverted Tampa 2 has been the blueprint to stopping Big 12 spread attacks for years.

I hear ya, and I’m sure Texas would go all out but I’m sure Iowa state will want to promote him but who knows

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Tom had some tough losses too.  A part of this is buttersweet.   Tom should’ve worked out.  Plus Tom came from a tough upbringing.  Alcoholic dad.  I really think some of his attitude he just can’t help

Fuck that, self awareness is a major factor in lifetime success and with self awareness comes the ability to change and improve.  If your dad was an alcoholic and you’re one too then what the hell? 

Tapa won’t let me quote the post that says Sark is being talked about by Bama fans as Saban’s heir.

But in response - I’m a Bama alumni and fan and interact with many others every day. The only place I’ve seen this Sark stuff stated is on this board.

Bama is going to make Dabo say no to his Alma Mater before anyone else is offered.

And after Sark ditched us for the first NFL opportunity he could and then came slinking back, he’s not exactly adored here.

Bama fans have seen so many coordinators and assistants come and go and come and go again during Saban’s tenure. We’re not super attached to any of them.

Greg Byrne and our BoT will go after a proven HC. And Bama will NEVER do the HCIW crap. Saban thinks that whole deal is very destructive.

Perhaps my memory is off, but it seems awful quiet on the BMD front.  Seems like if UM was completely off the table and it was felt that there weren't any good other options (and that Herman might be back) that there would be a lot more leaks about what went wrong, finger pointing, and/or competing pushes for various alternatives and trashing of their competitors.

All the doomsday drama queening on the boards does not appear to fit the BMD relative silence.

I don't know wtf.

I can go right on back to covid and politics. Weeds and mental health.

I can't watch a game without thinking of this den of iniquity. Hell, half the time it's me hitting refresh in the thread.

I don't know what's next.

Cowboys, Texans, and Longhorns. Our shared miserable existence of the present.

Fuck it. I'll still be here. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

has anyone proposed that we just promote Yurcich on his current contract for 1 year?

That is kind of what I am getting at. You could get rid of Herman and replace him with old-ass Romeo Crennel for 4yr 26mil. Let him double the salary of Alabama's OL coach and bring in a witch recruiter as WR coach. Keep almost all of our D coaches and bring in a witch recruiter as a DL coach. Take the 3 mil you are saving annually and put it into a support staff...

You then have a respectable guy who isn't going to step on any dicks who has skins on the wall. And a good enough staff to win and recruit. All that I am unsure about is if Crennel demands excellence. Because what we really need is someone who is a demanding workaholic so others have to work hard and not slack.No one should care if he is going to be a short-timer and is there mainly to right the ship.

Edited by Bevo

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That is kind of what I am getting at. You could get rid of Herman and replace him with old-ass Romeo Crennel for 4yr 26mil. Let him double the salary of Alabama's OL coach and bring in a witch recruiter as WR coach. Keep almost all of our D coaches and bring in a witch recruiter as a DL coach. Take the 3 mil you are saving annually and put it into a support staff...

You then have a respectable guy who isn't going to step on any dicks who has skins on the wall. And a good enough staff to win and recruit. All that I am unsure about is if Crennel demands excellence. Because what we really need is someone who is a demanding workaholic so others have to work hard and not slack.No one should care if he is going to be a short-timer and is there mainly to right the ship.

Sorry to quote myself, but I was too slow in my edit.

And the point isn't Crennel, it is that we have a lot of what we need already in place. What we need is a leader. What does Saban do right besides cheat? He works hard and is demanding. He used to get highly involved in the offense. I don't think he even does that anymore other than to bitch out the coach when he sucks.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Tapa won’t let me quote the post that says Sark is being talked about by Bama fans as Saban’s heir.

But in response - I’m a Bama alumni and fan and interact with many others every day. The only place I’ve seen this Sark stuff stated is on this board.

Bama is going to make Dabo say no to his Alma Mater before anyone else is offered.

And after Sark ditched us for the first NFL opportunity he could and then came slinking back, he’s not exactly adored here.

Bama fans have seen so many coordinators and assistants come and go and come and go again during Saban’s tenure. We’re not super attached to any of them.

Greg Byrne and our BoT will go after a proven HC. And Bama will NEVER do the HCIW crap. Saban thinks that whole deal is very destructive.

*alumna

If Leach, Harsin, Dykes, there’s a bunch of guys who could be better than herm, probably 50.  Does the board care about result right now?  Balance sheet must be bigger concern now, with COVID attendance problem.  If we’re looking at this from the longer view, Tom will have pressure on him to either salvage his career or not, with a marginally successful season next year.  

Something tells me cdc is not giving up.  Take another run at a Urb after Ohio st. Finishes season.  

Buyout is $25 mil?  Herman buyout is 15 of that?

What does that make buyout next year?  15 total ?

6-6 next year, unless urb is coach. If herm comes back could go to 5-7.  

New end zone, 60k fans, embarrassing, 

9 hours ago, taybo20 said:

“Fuckload of money for assistants and support staff”

what is different than what we did for Herman or even strong then? They both got new coordinators in efforts to make them better. Had plenty of money. I hate money being thrown as some reason to make us feel better. We’ve always thrown money at assistants and support staff and we are still here. My comment has nothing to do with Campbell vs Herman, but to say money alleviates any worries with Campbell is dumb

Because you trust that Campbell can make the right hires and having a large budget means he can go after the guys he wants regardless of what they make now.